2011 Cycling Season

4n6md

There are a few of us cycling fans on here-time to get the 2011 cycling thread going. We have seen some outstanding early season races thus far, and ya gotta love the way Gilbert pulled strong on the Cauberg today. The Giro is just around the corner and the Zoncolan will be back in play.

Frank Schleck to open up the proceedings tomorrow on the Col de la Redoute at Leige-Bastogne-Leige with Andy and Phillipe duking it out at the end, and Phillipe taking it for the hat trick. It's gonna be another good one.

Thanks... He was the man. Nice negative racing by the Schlecks. Where was the 1-2 attacking style they proclaim themselves to have? Gilbert looked incredible out there, Frank and Andy hmmmmm not so much.

they threw in the towel at 3k to go. What they should have done is One should have attacked when Gilbert was caught in the last ks. Then with one k to go, to lead him out was ludicrous, and then to not even hint of attacking him made me think of my first cat 4 race. I lot respect for the Schlecks today.

I think that Frank and Andy must be hanging out with Cadel, as their aggressive style of attacking yesterday was something right out of his play book. Christ, they both practically paced bitched Gilbert up to the win. Fantastic race for Phillipe.

I think that Frank and Andy must be hanging out with Cadel, as their aggressive style of attacking yesterday was something right out of his play book. Christ, they both practically paced bitched Gilbert up to the win. Fantastic race for Phillipe.

+ 1 on the Cadel comment.

I think I am adding the Schleck brothers to the list of whom not to watch.

This looks to be a great season, I am excited for sure. Last two years the Tour of CA ran down my street infront of my house.

having the Tour of Ca run concurrently with the Giro is a bad move. Sure there will be some big names, but it wont be like last year or the year previous. There are more domestic teams from other countries this year.

• 2 weeks later...

Sad day at the Giro...I believe it was AC who said a week or so ago how crazy this year's Giro would be because of the climbing and their counterpart descents...

Crash

I watched him win last year's stage three. Sucks when anybody dies too soon, but when you are in a race and die, it truly tragic.