Rolex Pricing & Opinion advice needed

deekss

I'm afraid I'm not too into watches, hence the advice required, and I've just found this forum after being on the site three years !

Wife has longed for a largish watch for sometime, and commented how nice Rolex's look. Big watches for ladies are in in Europe at the moment. I don't want to go mad, but see a Datejust 41 as a nice looking watch, not too flash, classical looking and at what I think is a reasonable price range.

Anyway, a Datejust 41 in SS, with the white gold bezel retails around £4700 in the UK, that's about 7500 USD.

As it's purely an aswiss cheeserational purchase, I'm looking for a deal. Rolex seem to keep their price list restricted, but all stores' retail is about the same.

I travel a lot, so how do prices stack up globally ? I could buy from UAE, US or several countries in Western Europe.

Any idea what I could get to on a discount from a Rolex dealer ? I want to be prepared when I go and do the deal.

Any other advice appreciated.