Modding a DROPHEAD.

donnie

Apart from wheels - (I`d paint the stocks black) what else is there that can be done to these cars?

If I was in a position to mod one I wouldnt want to spoil the ride?

Anyone looked into this?

Guest Rob Burgundy

Young enough to know what to buy,old it enough not to put rims on it- jay z.

In all seriousness though...some dark rims might look nice but beyond that I would think you are just going to be detracting from the elegance of the car.

Also. I'm prepared to power fap to pictures of the car with a hot 18 year old In it.

An 18yr old chick would probably be your best addition.

:iamwithstupid:

There are some cars that you just don't fcuk with... A Phantom is one of them!

I'm kinda partial to either the project kahn or autocouture wheels on a phantom, but you can very easily ruin the car with some horrid setup.

Phantoms and Arnages for that matter have very few aftermarket wheels that look good BUT I still think there are some that look good. Still looks hot stock though. Doesn't seem to be anything for modding these although im sure any shop will try for big $$. Hope you get one!

I wonder how those wheels affect the ride?

Beckham also has his A pillars and some other door/window trim blacked out. The front looks stock I think.

david-beckham-rolls-royce-phantom-drophe

david-beckham-rolls-royce-phantom-drophe

Rolls-Royce-Phantom_Drophead_Coupe_2008_

Anyone seen pics of the stock wheels painted black?

I would black the oe wheels, A pilars and any woodwork on the interior. More of a few personal preference changes than any real modification, i cant think much that would would improve and not detract from what it is already.

I would leave the teak alone and make sure it has the stainless hood. I would put a set of tasteful wheels on it, ala the Beckham car, and go from there. I also like the fact that he lowered his a tiny bit. I think it sits pretty high. I do like the color matched A pillars, but I think when you get the stainless package they are also stainless so I would not paint them. Just my opinion. I love that car, got to drive around in a couple of them when one of my guys had one. I really, really enjoyed it. Good luck with the purchase. I would not paint the factory wheels. If you ever go to sell it, likely the next buyer would like to have them in stock condition. Makes it very easy to put it back to "normal" if someone wants it that way.

I actually like the look of the black hood and pilars on a black car and it saves a nice chunk of change. Same with the black tuneau instead of teak. It gives it a fresher look. Beckams looks great and I agree anything other than wheels isn't needed.

Teak HAS TO STAY as does the metal hood

The A pillars and windscreen trim look great in black. I never really noticed that before on Beckhams car.

Powder coating the stock wheels seems like a good option thought id like to find a photo of that to see. Should look good.

Internally I prefer black piano wood with off white seats - Overall it will look very much like the bentley but I do love that look.

Do these cars benefit from ECU? Does anyone even do one?

Guest Rob Burgundy
Teak HAS TO STAY as does the metal hood

The A pillars and windscreen trim look great in black. I never really noticed that before on Beckhams car.

Powder coating the stock wheels seems like a good option thought id like to find a photo of that to see. Should look good.

Internally I prefer black piano wood with off white seats - Overall it will look very much like the bentley but I do love that look.

Do these cars benefit from ECU? Does anyone even do one?

That would look killer.