SP Engineering/GReddy - *Godzilla Package Testing* - Road to 8 Second QTR Mile

Eugene@SPE

SP Engineering and Greddy USA has been testing and pushing the limits on the VR38DETT platform since it's debut. Using our very own GTR, our road to a full interior street driven 8 seconds has been a challenge.

Testing various motor combinations we have achieved an estimated 1200+ AWHP and 1050+ TQ. There is definitely more power our GODZILLA package can produce, but we may have found a few limitations to the V6 aluminum block which we are currently looking into.

We rented a private track for test and tune at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on May 7, 2011 and brought out 2 GTR's (Greddy/SPE). A total of 4 consecutive runs were done and have managed to achieve 9.2, 9.3, and 9.4 QTR mile times with trap speeds of 160 MPH. Our VBOX managed to log 60-130 MPH times of 3.6 - 3.9 seconds.

Stay tuned as Sp Engineering continues its quest towards not only the first 8 second 1/4 mile pass, but engineering customer packages which will continue to do so consistantly and reliably.

This has ended our test and tune session in Las Vegas Motor Speedway and will return shortly.

engine.jpg

spegreddy2.jpg

spegreddy4.jpg

After weeks of investigation, we have confirmed the initial reasoning of this was due to a hair line crack located on the aluminum block from the torque we have produced on our Godzilla package. Boost pressure around 33psi towards the end of the track has caused coolant/water to spray out from the block.

hairlinecrack.jpg

SPE and Greddy USA will have more updated information shortly as we have more developments on the VR38DETT platform. I assure you this is not the end of our journey.

Eugene @ SP Engineering

Guest SP_Lotta Murci
SP Engineering and Greddy USA has been testing and pushing the limits on the VR38DETT platform since it's debut. Using our very own GTR, our road to a full weight street driven 8 seconds has been a challenge.

Testing various motor combinations we have achieved an estimated 1200+ AWHP and 1050+ TQ. There is definitely more power our GODZILLA package can produce, but we may have found a few limitations to the V6 aluminum block which we are currently looking into.

We rented a private track for test and tune at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway on May 7, 2011 and brought out 2 GTR's (Greddy/SPE). A total of 4 consecutive runs were done and have managed to achieve 9.2, 9.3, and 9.4 QTR mile times with trap speeds of 160 MPH. Our VBOX has managed to log 60-130 MPH times of 3.6 - 3.9.

In cabin video of our SPE GTR......

This has ended our test and tune session in Las Vegas Motor Speedway and will return shortly.

engine.jpg

spegreddy2.jpg

spegreddy4.jpg

After weeks of investigation, we have confirmed the initial reasoning of this was due to a hair line crack located on the aluminum block from the torque we have produced on our Godzilla package. Boost pressure around 33psi towards the end of the track has caused coolant/water to spray out from the block.

hairlinecrack.jpg

SPE and Greddy USA will have more updated information shortly as we have more developments on the VR38DETT platform. I assure you this is not the end of our journey.

Eugene @ SP Engineering

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

That must be a very sexy guy in that helmut!

Good work sp Boys! Now if I could only get you to fix that wrong link ive been talking about in the mods section I would be sooo happy!

That must be a very sexy guy in that helmut!

Good work sp Boys! Now if I could only get you to fix that wrong link ive been talking about in the mods section I would be sooo happy!

ha ha yes yes, also link fixed......shut up!!!!!!!!!!

IF ONLY THIS WAS AS GOOD AS THE SWISS CHEEEEEEESE DELUXE PACKAGE...

:D

Great job guys, keep up the fantastic work. Amazing. :icon_thumleft:

We will keep at it guys! Got some new blocks in the works for us, we will go back to the track soon!

It has been a pleasure working with you guys and look forward seeing the progress of our builds.

Only in here will you hear congratulations on blowing up an expensive motor while posting similar and slower times than the competition....

SPE isn't the only one blowing up GTR's....and won't be the last.

Regardless, hope you quickly get another short block together - I know they're tough to find right now.

Only in here will you hear congratulations on blowing up an expensive motor while posting similar and slower times than the competition....

Regardless, hope you quickly get another short block together - I know they're tough to find right now.

Well ya..blocks are hard to get ever since Swiffer started tuning cars.

Good to see you back... didn't think youd get the chance to pull your face from Swiffers ass.

Well ya..blocks are hard to get ever since Swiffer started tuning cars.

Good to see you back... didn't think youd get the chance to pull your face from Swiffers ass.

It's not swiss cheese fault he has so many happy Mouse wheel customers....well wait I guess it is. :)

And no additional comment to someone with "lover" in their screen name.

No shortage of VR engines here! ;) 7aa0612b.jpg

Lot of expensive metal sitting there....hope you don't need all those to figure out where you went wrong. :eusa_think:

EXPENSIVE motors?? they not so bad...... but dont worry we have MANY blocks..... but thank you!!!

alex

We are constantly pumping out 1000+hp engines every month! And have been constantly updating the specs to handle more power.... I'm confident SPE and GReddy have been in the forefront of the GTR development with extensive research and testing on the dyno and at the track ever since the release of the car. IMG_7050.jpg

Lot of expensive metal sitting there....hope you don't need all those to figure out where you went wrong. :eusa_think:

Nope! We are doing great with plenty of happy customers. We don't just slap engine parts together and hope it works and polish the cover to make it look pretty.... This is the level of commitment we are willing to invest to provide our customers with the performance they expect and deserves.

It's not swiss cheese fault he has so many happy Mouse wheel customers....well wait I guess it is. :)

More dumb shit from the Supra douche.

Not so sure what part of go away was not understood????

If there are block weakness then there is a max these motors will handle unless you half fill it with cement.... Supras was past the 1500 mark, 3000gt was 850/1k mark.

When a Mouse wheel makes 1200 on a dyno and holds together for few 1/4 mle passes , then you can brag Jamie.. If you only knew what kind of childish punk you are ... Pretty pathetic .. swiss cheese blew another motor( like your's ..that had all the rods bent) would you comment on it ? Or would you keep it to yourself? You are a hypocrite .. When you could not get your car to shift , you kept quiet.. B/c you are part of swiss cheese team..if something happens to Mouse wheel , will you bash swiss cheese like a little girl? Answer is NO! You love taking cheap shots at all the shops who test the limits of this platform.. Pretty pathetic .. I don't think anyone would go bashing swiss cheese.. If scotts car blew a motor down the track pushing 1200/1000... That's called going where no one had gone before.. Of course you get pleasure from watching this stuff.. Pretty sad

Nope! We are doing great with plenty of happy customers. We don't just slap engine parts together and hope it works and polish the cover to make it look pretty.... This is the level of commitment we are willing to invest to provide our customers with the performance they expect and deserves.

Alex....come on....who is this kid? Did Eugene hire this guy? :)

When a Mouse wheel makes 1200 on a dyno and holds together for few 1/4 mle passes , then you can brag Jamie.. If you only knew what kind of childish punk you are ... Pretty pathetic .. swiss cheese blew another motor( like your's ..that had all the rods bent) would you comment on it ? Or would you keep it to yourself? You are a hypocrite .. When you could not get your car to shift , you kept quiet.. B/c you are part of swiss cheese team..if something happens to Mouse wheel , will you bash swiss cheese like a little girl? Answer is NO! You love taking cheap shots at all the shops who test the limits of this platform.. Pretty pathetic .. I don't think anyone would go bashing swiss cheese.. If scotts car blew a motor down the track pushing 1200/1000... That's called going where no one had gone before.. Of course you get pleasure from watching this stuff.. Pretty sad

Why don't you read my posts Sam? I was he first to call out Dodson for trans issues - it always shifted....there were other machining issues that are still there....

Read my posts....I'm saying nothing about tiny tiny microscopic tym's motor until it has some hard passes on it. It'll make the HP....but he took a different approach than ASS and SPE for a reason. Only time will tell if he was right.

Again read my posts....I'm the one who came out and said we bent my rods pushing 800hp. I pushed for greater transparency.

I'm just laughing at Allan and the nut swingers.....not at someone's hard work going into the scrapyard. Remember I still have a brand new sleeved 4.25 VR motor - that most likely would have ended up with the same result.

Read my posts....I'm saying nothing about tiny tiny microscopic tym's motor until it has some hard passes on it. It'll make the HP....but he took a different approach than ASS and SPE for a reason. Only time will tell if he was right.

what is that different approach that you are talking about? can you be more transparent about that?

:iamwithstupid:

Alex....come on....who is this kid? Did Eugene hire this guy? :)

Jamie....come on....I can't believe your childish characteristic is carried over this forum from nagtrog aka the admins' republic of nagtroc. Did swiss cheese hire you to delude this forum into the ruin? :)