UEFA CL FINAL

Diablo_4_Ever

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Barcelona
    • Man Utd

Read post #47 again, made some revisions.

Juve (aka The Fallen Lady) were great, and there's been a lot of other great teams for their respective eras as well. And that's the only way to compare teams from different eras, how they did against their competition. Would a Pele in his prime be such a great player today? Probably not, football were totally different back then.

Never has there been a team so dominant as Barca. Barca is the Senna of football. That's right, I said it! :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Juve (aka The Fallen Lady) were great, and there's been a lot of other great teams for their respective eras as well. And that's the only way to compare teams from different eras, how they did against their competition. Would a Pele in his prime be such a great player today? Probably not, football were totally different back then.

Never has there been a team so dominant as Barca. Barca is the Senna of football. That's right, I said it! :icon_mrgreen:

Well they're definitely ONE of the best, I'll accept top 8.... And you mean dominant in the way they've only lost a game or two in league play, and the lack of goals scored on them etc etc. But the run they're on of championships they're in the middle of.....plenty of teams before them have run the table also. Home League, Super League/Champions League UEFA Cup, World Club Cup etc. And arguably against "stiffer" overall competition.

Oh, and Pele would dominate in ANY era....The guy was an athlete plain and simple with skills that were before his time. He shaped the way moves and ball control are done today... Bicycle kicks, ball lifts etc. Maradona also. Messi plays almost exactly the way Maradona did. The same way players NOW play, why wouldn't a Pele transformed to present time be able to adjust and match what going on now?

It's pretty obvious, Barca is the best football team the world has ever seen.

Without any doubt! Whomever knows anything about soccer will agree.

Fortis and Placid are correct.

Swil, I think last night Barcelona showed that in this modern format of the Champions league they are the best team ever.

But comparing different generations of teams against each other is pointless, the game changes, style develop.

You cannot compare club sides to National sides.

I have to get this out but Manu have now passed Liverpool's record wins of the English championship. But Liverpool have 5 European cups. Bob Paisley is the only manager to have won three European cups and he done so by wining the English title that year too.

It has taken Fergie 25 years to get two and he is considered one of the best managers?!

Last night, Barca had so so defenders. They had in a centre back position my former favourite player Mascherano and he is a mid-fielder. They had a guy that that not so long ago had serious live threatening surgery -hence he got to lift the cup, Pique aside the height of their players against Manu was comical, any high ball into the box and Man U would win the aerial game. Moments before kick off I was going through all of this in my mind and was thinking hang on, Manu could actually have a chance here.

They did not.

Barca played it there way in the part of the park they wanted to. Man U could not capitalise on the areas they could be dominant.

What was scary was watching the passes, they were not quick balls, they were comparatively slow in the speed but it was the incisive fluidity that made it. The ball was rolled with just enough energy to get to them, the weight was perfect. The composure to pass in the Man Us box was staggering, in the premiership, you have the ball in those positions, you stick your laces behind the ball and just hit it. Barca stroked it about before shimmying around people.

With all the money in the sport at the moment coming in from Sheiks and Russian Oligarchs pumping stupid cash into the clubs, I cannot see our generation witnessing a better team.

I know a bit about futbol and agree barca = best ever in my opinion too.....for sure best possession team in history and look the caliber of teams they play keep away with, and then you add their great finishes and you pretty much have the best ever :)

It was a good game with the Barca team deservedly winning the game, the comparison to other great teams are valid, but for me this current Barca team has to be the best we have seen.

Especially the way the game is played today, and they are a young team dont forget.

Good article here. A few months old now.

Barcelona, best team ever? Football greats divided

Posted on April 15, 2011 at 4:36 AM

Updated Friday, Apr 15 at 5:04 AM

PARIS (AP) — It's not too much of a stretch to argue that Barcelona is the best football team in the world right now. But is it the best side ever?

If so, how to decide? And given how football has evolved over the decades, becoming ever faster, more muscular, wealthier and competitive, is it possible or even reasonable to compare Lionel Messi and his teammates to other great squads, including some that played a half-century ago?

Perhaps the best reason to ask such questions is that if the current Barcelona XI is the best ever, then it follows that football fans today must be the luckiest, because they're witnessing history being made.

Just as great art or a fine wine can be even more pleasurable when its pedigree and background is known, so Barcelona's football can perhaps be better appreciated if placed in a historical context. Has its like been seen before? Will it be seen again?

For answers, Associated Press reporters asked some of the biggest names and brightest brains in football, managers like Alex Ferguson of Manchester United, Arsenal's Arsene Wenger and 1986 World Cup winner Carlos Bilardo, players both past and present, and giants like Tostao of Brazil, Germany's Franz Beckenbauer and Real Madrid's Jose Santamaria who played for some of the greatest teams.

Not surprisingly, there is no consensus.

That, in itself, suggests that Barcelona cannot be the best of all time, at least not yet, because it still hasn't managed to clearly separate itself from the other teams — perhaps a dozen or so? — that could claim the title, "Greatest Ever."

"They come very close," Beckenbauer told the AP. "In this generation, Barcelona is the best team, difficult to compare with former great teams like AC Milan at the end of the '80s. In the '60s and '70s, you had (Brazilian club) Santos with Pele and Carlos Alberto. Different times, different styles of play. If you ask me what was the best national team ever, I would say Brazil, 1970."

For former France and AC Milan defender Marcel Desailly, "Johan Cruyff's Barcelona team was a great one, with Romario, (Hristo) Stoichkov, (Ronald) Koeman. The speed of their game was not like it is now but it had other qualities. The AC Milan team of that period, when I was playing for them and a little bit earlier, is another."

As Beckenbauer and Desailly show, such debates will always be subjective. Ask 10 people and you'll get 10 different answers. Unlike with sprinters or skyscrapers, where identifying the fastest or tallest is easy, there is no agreed standard benchmark for determining the greatest football team.

Trying to compare teams from different eras is always hard and arguably unhelpful and overly simplistic, too. It would do more justice to football's rich history to acknowledge that there have been many good sides, not just one that was the greatest.

"Each generation has always had a fantastic team, every decade has always produced a few teams that easily stood out," French 1998 World Cup winner Emmanuel Petit told AP. Barcelona "are among the best teams football has ever seen, but I would never have the pretension of saying whether they are the best or not."

Still, for undisputed greatness, certain minimums must be fulfilled, including winning multiple trophies. That disqualifies Arsenal's unbeaten "Invincibles" of 2004, which only won the Premier League title. But Barcelona could qualify. It has accumulated eight trophies since manager Pep Guardiola took over in June 2008, including a unique Spanish treble of Champions League, Spanish League and Copa del Rey in his first season.

"Teams that win are always the best. More than just playing beautifully you have to win, and Barcelona does that," Argentine coach Bilardo told the AP. "I don't think Barcelona has reached its best. It always can get better."

Flair is important, too. So France's team that won the 1998 World Cup and 2000 European Championships wouldn't rate high enough. Nor would Inter Milan's squad that won the treble of Italian championship-Italian Cup-Champions League last season with coach Jose Mourinho's style-squashing defensive tactics.

But Barcelona, like the Ajax "Dream Team" of the 1970s, ticks the "style" box with its flowing and intricate passing game.

"Barcelona is that type of team that when it plays, you don't want to miss it. It's almost like a passion," Socrates, the former captain of Brazil, told AP.

Wenger told AP that he rates Barcelona among the top three sides in history because of its skill at keeping the ball. Beckenbauer singled out Barcelona's 5-0 rout of Real Madrid last Nov. 29, when Barca ran rings around its rival with speedy one-touch passing, as "one game I will never forget ... One of the best games I ever saw."

Tostao, a 1970 World Cup winner with Brazil, added: "Barcelona has a unique style that can't be mistaken in today's football. It's a mix between the style of the great teams of the past, like Pele's Santos — which exchanged many passes and rarely lost possession — with a modern style which focuses on putting pressure on the other team while in defense, not allowing the opponent to play."

"I don't know which team was the best ever, but Barcelona is among the best," he told AP. "From the ones I've watched the most, Pele's Santos was the greatest ever, followed by the Botafogo of Garrincha, Didi and Nilton Santos. I also liked — based on watching highlights and on what people used to say — the Real Madrid team that had (Alfredo) Di Stefano and (Ferenc) Puskas. These are the three great teams of the past which I can recall."

Some have no reservations. For them, Barcelona is already the best ever.

Former Netherlands star Marco van Basten is among those who say so. "When you switch to another match after watching Barca play it feels bland," France Football magazine quoted him as saying.

Speaking to the AP, three-time African Footballer of the Year Abedi Pele also called this Barcelona team the best, "not just because of the titles it has won in the past two years, but the quality of the play and the potential they have."

"They are achieving extraordinary things. They are winning so many titles and are playing so well — I do believe we can consider them the best team of all time," Luis Suarez, the 1960 Golden Ball winner, told AP.

Some who stop short of calling Barcelona the best still single out the exceptional quality of its players, especially Messi, Xavi and Andres Iniesta.

"A fantastic team at the moment," said Ferguson of Man United. "That's the message they give out to all of football. If you look at the diminutive size of Xavi and Iniesta, they have courage. Not just the courage of not being afraid to tackle. The courage always to take the ball. And then there's the magician up front, Messi, always wonderful to watch."

But others say Barcelona still has things to prove.

"To say that they are the best of all time is an exaggeration," said Jeno Buzanszky, one of the last survivors of Hungary's "Magical Magyars" who won Olympic gold in 1952 and are perhaps best known for being the first foreign team to defeat England at Wembley. Buzanszky spoke in a phone interview to AP.

"I don't think it can be considered the best team ever, but it's among the best," said Tostao. "What's missing for Barcelona is better bench players. And in the attack, Pedro (Rodriguez) and (David) Villa are excellent players, especially Villa, but they are not among the best players in the world today."

Perhaps unsurprisingly, former Madrid star Santamaria told AP that Barcelona "are having a great season but you can never compare them to a team like Real Madrid that won five straight European Cups. They're still quite a way from matching them."

"Every period had its own great team. Each one reached a certain level in terms of vision, how they operated and their ambition within the time period it corresponded with," he said. "Barcelona has had two great seasons of lovely football — and is having a third now."

Perhaps all this is splitting hairs. Maybe fans would be best advised, like David Beckham, to just sit back and enjoy the Barcelona show for what it is. With time and more trophies, the team's place in history will take care of itself. The greatest or just one of the greatest? Does it really matter?

"Anyone that loves the game, loves to see it played in the way that Barcelona play it," Beckham told the AP. "Without a doubt, they'll go down as one of the best teams ever."

___

AP Sports Writers Paul Logothetis in Barcelona, Spain; Samuel Petrequin and Jerome Pugmire in Paris; Steve Wade in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Eric Nunez and Ron Blum in New York; Tales Azzoni in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Steve Douglas in London; Beth Harris in Los Angeles; Andrew Dampf in Rome; and Associated Press writer Pablo Gorondi in Budapest, Hungary, contributed to this report.

What they do is they keep the possession going, and with this outsmarting the defense. Where like capt said other teams/players would just nail the ball Barca will do a few more passes and get a sure thing. Pass first shoot second mentality.

also Swil, how about the 06(?) Real when Zidane, Roberto Carlos were there too..

I don't agree, so I know nothing?

Fortis and Placid are correct.

Swil, I think last night Barcelona showed that in this modern format of the Champions league they are the best team ever.

But comparing different generations of teams against each other is pointless, the game changes, style develop.

You cannot compare club sides to National sides..........

.......With all the money in the sport at the moment coming in from Sheiks and Russian Oligarchs pumping stupid cash into the clubs, I cannot see our generation witnessing a better team.

Sure Barca showed in the modern format they are the best in the WORLD, TODAY. That's all they've shown imo.

I can agree with you on the last part, this is probably the last true accumulation of great players on ONE team in modern footbal we will see in our generation. We have already begun to see parity amongst the top teams over the last 3-4 years. Too many great players spread out in different leagues.

I know a bit about futbol and agree barca = best ever in my opinion too.....for sure best possession team in history and look the caliber of teams they play keep away with, and then you add their great finishes and you pretty much have the best ever :)

:eusa_think: I'll explain in a sec.

also Swil, how about the 06(?) Real when Zidane, Roberto Carlos were there too..

That was a beast of a team (on paper).

Ronaldo ( big Ron, Il Fenomeno) in his prime, well at Barca he was actually in his prime, but still top 5 forwards in the world by the time he got to Real, yep Zidane, Raul, Roberto Carlos, Beckham, Robinho, Nistelrooy, Casillas (best goalie in the world at the time) and some others I can't remember off the top of my head. You can't tell me this roster doesn't match-up with any roster in history. 5...yeah count them FIVE, FIFA world players of the year on one team...Problem is they never won anything significant, biggest flop and waste of potential ever imo. Poor owners took a bath assembling that team and never got anything out of it. So the accomplishments of the 2011 Barca team are even more impressive considering how well they play together with so much talent. I give them that for sure...Eventough I still think the Rivaldo, Ronald Barca team may have been better. Too much power and RAW open field speed vs the cute slick passing of the little men...Ronaldo up front with the ball was every bit as dangerous as Messi is, don't EVEN try to debate that. Different type of forwards, but dangerous all the same.

One thing people may not be considering as well a reason they play so well....... The starting lineup of the '11 Barca players are all native Spanish speakers. Believe it or not, it makes a difference.. There's a cultural connection to playing futbol that a coach can't just draw up in plays etc.. The subliminal anticipation passing only comes from playing together for decades growing up or having the same understanding of how THIS Barcelona style of football is played. All the great teams throughout history were those with a high ratio of same countrymen or culture.

I know I'm probably going to be the one that gets piled on in this thread, but I'd like to move away from the emotion of subjectivity and look at some facts.

It'll be an endless debate, but I don't see them as THE greatest ever. I've watched about as much futbol as the rest of you. Possibly more? At least since the mid-late 70s when I was old enough to know what I was looking at...Some of you guys commenting, might not have been born yet when I was watching and playing competitive futbol. That's all I'm saying. And I believe you CAN compare other eras because sport is sport... Saying "THIS year is better than last year or previous years because as time goes by teams and players improve", isn't necessarily true in the sense of futbol... If this were basketball, or American football you'd have an argument, with bigger, stronger players, more technical weight training etc. But a 6"0', 180lb striker in 1975 is STILL a 6"0' 180lb striker in 2011.

So, you're telling me a 5"6 Lionel Messi is better than a 5"6' Diego Maradona??? Many of you want to lump him in as the greatest player ever too so.....is this what you're trying to tell me, just because Maradona's best years are a quarter century ago? Then I think it IS fair to compare eras. I know this is an opinion vs opinion discussion, and if one doesn't agree with the consensus, then he's considered the guy that doesn't "KNOW" futbol, but whatever, you guys look at this objectively rather than as a fan, and you'll see there's some validity to what I'm saying, (and I like Barca, they've always been one of my favorite teams, but this is also why , for example, I've watched a LOT of Barca teams over the years..and to me this is yet just another one of the great ones that's on a great run.). Top 10 greatest, fine... Best ever?

How a team performs against its competition consistently, how many world class ranked players on the roster, and how many championships won is what separates the best ever, in their categories. It might be even safe to say, Barcelonas dominance could be attributed to a WEAKENING of world class club football as a whole. I look around the different cluba and see top notch guys all over the world and not as stacked as teams in the past had been. Honestly to me, Barca is probably THE most stacked team in the world when you look at roster down.

I don't know, for the sake of argument........................................................Check back with me after they've run the table a couple more years in a row, before I say unequivocally the best ever. Anything else, is just subjective just because you guys like watching them play.

If we're just talking "present day futbol", that ManU team of the 90s might've bludgeoned the little guys to death trying to play around with the ball in the box...And a ridiculous pace of that squad. Giggs and Cantona and all of those guys.. I'd love to see that game.

I don't agree, so I know nothing?

Swil you can see throughout this thread heaps of examples why Barca is the best team ever.

We aren't necessarily talking about the team that won the most trophies etc it's purely based on their technique and the way they play the game, they are very mathematical and precise, hence sometimes boring to watch but ultimately the score matters and they deliver.

In situations where you play against such a methodical and clinical team that executes its tasks so well you get frustrated and tend to take the players down, out of frustration or to interrupt their flow, in that situation you force the hand of the referee, Barca players just like any others in soccer milk the situation for all its worth and tend to be accused to win with the help of the referees.

Messi is the most accomplished player in history, hard worker, not complaining, giving 110%, not selfish, humble, the PERFECT team player, you watch him in situations where he could take a shot on goal if his position isn't 100% perfect in his judgment and he sees a player that's better placed he passes the ball, that says a lot about a player's ethics and commitment to the team's success rather than its own, get Cristiano Ronaldo to do that :lol2: he wants all the fame for himself.

To be honest my favorite team ever is Real Madrid when Zidane was playing but as I said before if you know anything about soccer and I don't necessarily mean theory/stats/history I mean the game itself and how it is played you can not take anything away from Barca because they are simply the best!

To put it in car terms Barca is the Bugatti Veyron the rest are trying very hard to turbocharge their cars to beat it, sometimes they succeed but the Veyron delivers every day flawlessly, effortlessly, methodically :icon_thumleft:

My problem with your points is that they are so binary. You are feeling the need to classify, compartmentalise elements into an classification order when simply they cannot be placed within a bracket.

Playing the virtual generation against generation is a nonsensical debate because too many parameters interfere with the discussion. First off, the older I get the better I was adage plays perfectly here, the romantic rose tinted elements interfere with the construction of the ill conceived concept.

How many times have you been chatting with friends about music from your teenage years and said that and their was amazing and you then listen to it again and it leaves you questioning what you use to like?

Same with sport, what you watched upon in awe may need to be re-judged in a current light.

The next aspect of placing an order into the best team is that they cannot play each other. You would not want to put Ali and Frank Bruno into the ring these days would you? Would you expect the same brutal magic?

I have used boxing as an example as it is a sport whereby very little in its concept has changed. The changes have been predominately outside of the ring with how we watch the sport. Inside the ring and the advances have been with the training regime and diets of the sportsmen.

So back to football, the diets have improved, the fitness has improved with players running greater distances, the kit has changed with boots allowing players to hit the ball harder and with my curve with balls that are lighter and allow more swerve and dip. So the game has changed.

The game evolves. As one team enter the stage of greatness another is in the wings plotting and devising tactics to counter the team on stage, it is a living element. Messi and Maradona may well share physical attributes and ball playing ability but could dodgy Diego produce more swerve on a ball as Messi? We will never know as we cannot bring those facts together to make it a fair test so we have to look at it subjectively rather than cold hard facts.

The number (and quality) of medals that the individuals at Barca have amassed is a staggering and I would imagine that they are the team with the most quality medals when you look at the list of teams you have mentioned and that is the only factual element that can be compared.

But look at the goals Barca have scored this season, last season, now look at the ages of the top scorers and major team contributors, this team is not at the sports typical peak yet.

Can you honestly say you would want to watch the teams that you mentioned play over Barca? It is true that Barca only play one way and that is deep attacking football with control. None of the teams you have mentioned played that way all the time.

The way Barca play a slick pass, that ball is Gaugain on grass and they go out to do that everytime and win doing it.

Right now I see no reason why they cannot be labelled as the best ever.

Anything else, is just subjective just because you guys like watching them play.

If anything you have done exactly that with little to no actual factual basis to present why they are not the best.

If anything you have done exactly that with little to no actual factual basis to present why they are not the best.

Ok then, present some factual basis why they ARE the best... What other criteria is there? How they "look" when they play? That's all you guy are talking about. What else is there. you mentioned binary, well then.

What about:

Most World Club Championships

Most UEFA Cup Championships

Most concecutive league Championships

League Team Scoring Records

League Team defensive scoring

longest win streak in league history

most MVPs of the league

most goals scored in a game

something...anything.

Swil you can see throughout this thread heaps of examples why Barca is the best team ever.

Messi is the most accomplished player in history, hard worker, not complaining, giving 110%, not selfish, humble, the PERFECT team player, you watch him in situations where he could take a shot on goal if his position isn't 100% perfect in his judgment and he sees a player that's better placed he passes the ball, that says a lot about a player's ethics and commitment to the team's success rather than its own, get Cristiano Ronaldo to do that :lol2: he wants all the fame for himself.

Fortis. I'm talking about THIS Ronaldo, the original Ronaldinho:r9ronaldo21.jpg

_44427492_ronaldo_real.jpg

ronaldo.jpg

RonaldoInter.jpg

RonaldoBarca2.jpg

Remember this guy? One of the most dominant forwards ever..How could you think I was talking about the girlie wanna be model from Portugal?

And Messi is NOT the most accomplished player in history, at least not yet. There are several that have won multiple titles, FIFA player of the year multiple times, AND have also have World Cups Championships under their belt, along with scoring titles and records in the world cup. Matter of fact, the guy in the pics has done all of that. If you're talking about Club play accomplishments....perhaps. In history, no. Not yet.

I get the style and cohesiveness thing you guys are referring to, but.....it's all just subjective. They've won what they've had to win...And have been beautiful doing it. Is it actually good enough to say they would beat every single previous world champions team in history? I just don't know, that a big bite to chew. Cause if you say greatest ever, that's the significance of that statement... They're great, no doubt, anything more is debatable.

To be honest my favorite team ever is Real Madrid when Zidane was playing...

Aaahhh yeah the same team I already mentioned, with Roberto Carlos, (the original) RONALDO (the guy in the photos above), Raul, etc. etc.

My problem with your points is that they are so binary. You are feeling the need to classify, compartmentalize elements into a classification order when simply they cannot be placed within a bracket.

Playing the virtual generation against generation is a nonsensical debate because too many parameters interfere with the discussion. First off, the older I get the better I was adage plays perfectly here, the romantic rose tinted elements interfere with the construction of the ill conceived concept.

How many times have you been chatting with friends about music from your teenage years and said that <insert band> and their <insert album title> was amazing and you then listen to it again and it leaves you questioning what you use to like?

Same with sport, what you watched upon in awe may need to be re-judged in a current light.

The next aspect of placing an order into the best team is that they cannot play each other. You would not want to put Ali and Frank Bruno into the ring these days would you? Would you expect the same brutal magic?

I have used boxing as an example as it is a sport whereby very little in its concept has changed. The changes have been predominately outside of the ring with how we watch the sport. Inside the ring and the advances have been with the training regime and diets of the sportsmen.

So back to football, the diets have improved, the fitness has improved with players running greater distances, the kit has changed with boots allowing players to hit the ball harder and with my curve with balls that are lighter and allow more swerve and dip. So the game has changed.

The game evolves. As one team enter the stage of greatness another is in the wings plotting and devising tactics to counter the team on stage, it is a living element. Messi and Maradona may well share physical attributes and ball playing ability but could dodgy Diego produce more swerve on a ball as Messi? We will never know as we cannot bring those facts together to make it a fair test so we have to look at it subjectively rather than cold hard facts.

The number (and quality) of medals that the individuals at Barca have amassed is a staggering and I would imagine that they are the team with the most quality medals when you look at the list of teams you have mentioned and that is the only factual element that can be compared.

But look at the goals Barca have scored this season, last season, now look at the ages of the top scorers and major team contributors, this team is not at the sports typical peak yet.

Can you honestly say you would want to watch the teams that you mentioned play over Barca? It is true that Barca only play one way and that is deep attacking football with control. None of the teams you have mentioned played that way all the time.

The way Barca play a slick pass, that ball is Gaugain on grass and they go out to do that everytime and win doing it.

Right now I see no reason why they cannot be labelled as the best ever.

your argument is valid, very well put. Just a little more food for thought.

If given the technological advances in equipment, training regimen and such, to players like Pele, Maradona and any other in history placed in the list of the greats, it is safe to say, all of the great ones would be able to compete at probably the same high level today as they did then? IMHO, some had such a dominance over their sport at the time that without a doubt they would dominate at this level. When there were no advances in footwear and guys were figuring out ways to curve the ball, with all the creativity and skill a guy like Diego Maradona had, you don't think he might be BETTER than what we see from Messi? Debatable, sure, yet not absurd or out of the question. That's all I'm saying.

Barcelona has the potential to go down as the best in history, no doubt, I just want to see this run one more year to justify such lofty ratings. Guys, there have been other teams in the past that have been just as effective offensively as this team. Different styles different interpretations. They dink it around until an opening comes and they have the skill to place it where it needs to be and finish. They play VERY Argentine... Maybe you guys don't get to see it much; but over here, my cable enables me to watch Mexican, Central and South American league soccer every week. As well as National team qualifiers. As well as European Games. I pretty mush see it all if I want to. You guys are swooned over their style, but it's simply something that every team tries to do in Latin America. Barca has pretty much perfected it. Does that make them the greatest ever?? No yet, imo.

Ok then, present some factual basis why they ARE the best... What other criteria is there? How they "look" when they play? That's all you guy are talking about. What else is there. you mentioned binary, well then.

What about:

Most World Club Championships

Most UEFA Cup Championships

Most concecutive league Championships

League Team Scoring Records

League Team defensive scoring

longest win streak in league history

most MVPs of the league

most goals scored in a game

something...anything.

Hang on, I am not doing the donkey work here. It is up to you to disprove the majority.

You want to look at it factually without just naming names then bring them to the table.

Secondly; always difficult to take anyone seriously when discussing football when they claim to be knowledgeable of the game on a global level and they repeatedly refer to it as futbol and mention MVP.

Secondly; always difficult to take anyone seriously when discussing football when they claim to be knowledgeable of the game on a global level and they repeatedly refer to it as futbol and mention MVP.

haha. Spanish pronounced futbol buddy, the only way I know it... Fine then, nevermind, not worth the battle at this point, hows this:

BARCELONA IS THE GREATEST TEAM EVER!!!!!! :icon_super: