Well..What do you guys think.

Guest Rob Burgundy

have you ever really in times that possible, not withstanding your present company, the record breaks and you are famous to heights unseen by others.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you want your son to see you in a few years down the road after all of this is said and done? I'd say you've "one upped" the guy in a ton of other areas in life.

Show up and watch him beat the record then wait for the guinness guys to leave and drive one past his while he is watching just so he can go to sleep knowing that he shouldn't have the record. Then every time he goes to brag about having the record he'll have you in the back of his mind. haha

I'd show up and just casually mention that you think you can take him down. If he takes the bait, then join him in the competition. If he doesn't seem interested, then let him do his thing.

As long as you don't force your way in to one up him, you are good.

I like the non-official shot afterwards too...not in the record book but he will know. That is all that matters.

I'd show up and just casually mention that you think you can take him down. If he takes the bait, then join him in the competition. If he doesn't seem interested, then let him do his thing.

As long as you don't force your way in to one up him, you are good.

I like the non-official shot afterwards too...not in the record book but he will know. That is all that matters.

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner!

I'd say fcuk it for now. Who really wants a guy that lost the one thing he had going for him, and now has nothing left to lose having a grudge against you...?? All for a silly record.

Rob if you have the feeling that it would be wrong to go out and beat the guy - you are probably right. Just the fact that the thought entered you mind I think says a lot.

You can always beat the record another time. Besides, all of us here at L/P know that you hold the true record, although we might need a youtube video to believe it! :icon_thumleft:

Rob if you have the feeling that it would be wrong to go out and beat the guy - you are probably right. Just the fact that the thought entered you mind I think says a lot.

All joking aside, I agree with havemercy.

As soon as you said you feel you may regret it or feel bad about it, time to move on and do something else with your time. No sense in doing something that you already feel may make you feel bad.

If he does it and his douchebaggery hits a new level, you can always go and beat the record when you feel right about it. On your time and on your terms and for the right reasons.

On a completely unrelated note, I love how the letters 'ess pee and eye' are automatically changed to "swiss cheese" so I am going to make sure to use those letters in every post I make from now on....

Aw shit, I just swiss cheeselled my coffee!

Let him be and have his day of glory . Whatever satisfaction you get out of it might not outweigh the bad vibes that will go around if you rain on his parade. Sounds like he is a loser anyway so what do you have to prove? Nothing at all.

:iamwithstupid:

I really don't understand how this is an issue, records are meant to be challenged otherwise how do we know for certain who is the best at a given task?

Rob you seem to be getting softer just kick his ass :icon_thumleft:

If you do win the record and you still feel bad about it you two boys go and have a nice cup of hot chocolate and talk it over :icon_mrgreen:

Guest Rob Burgundy
Let him be and have his day of glory . Whatever satisfaction you get out of it might not outweigh the bad vibes that will go around if you rain on his parade. Sounds like he is a loser anyway so what do you have to prove? Nothing at all.

I'm with dad and say let him be. If you challenge him & likely win, he will (a) be a sore loser & diss you at every opportunity and then some; or (b ) claims that half your title belongs to him since, according to his story, he taught you everything plus he was the original record holder. Chances are it's a combination of both and if he's really slick about it, he'll be all smiles when he's with you and plays out the master praising his disciple routine and then trashes you behind your back.

Let him be and see how it plays out. If you really can't stand it, then arrange something on your own to set a new record.

I would pick Option C.

Let him have his 15mins of happiness and beat the record later in the future. That way you get the last laugh.

I would let him set it and have his record for a bit. Let him enjoy it.

You can always come back in a year and crush it, then rub some salt in the wound by telling him how he "personally inswiss cheesered you" with his "zeal for life" and "competitive swiss cheeserit" to break his record. Thanks man!

:icon_mrgreen:

How do you want your son to see you in a few years down the road after all of this is said and done? I'd say you've "one upped" the guy in a ton of other areas in life.

I'd say fcuk it for now. Who really wants a guy that lost the one thing he had going for him, and now has nothing left to lose having a grudge against you...?? All for a silly record.

You can always beat the record another time. Besides, all of us here at L/P know that you hold the true record, although we might need a youtube video to believe it! :icon_thumleft:

All joking aside, I agree with havemercy.

As soon as you said you feel you may regret it or feel bad about it, time to move on and do something else with your time. No sense in doing something that you already feel may make you feel bad.

If he does it and his douchebaggery hits a new level, you can always go and beat the record when you feel right about it. On your time and on your terms and for the right reasons.

On a completely unrelated note, I love how the letters 'ess pee and eye' are automatically changed to "swiss cheese" so I am going to make sure to use those letters in every post I make from now on....

Aw shit, I just swiss cheeselled my coffee!

:eusa_clap:

This is how Ive felt from the beginning.

I was obviously conflicted enough about it I came here to ask for outside opinions but after some reflecting and reading through every comment in here on both sides Ive realized if I was having these feelings about taking it from him there is a reason why.

I'm going to let him do his thing and if its still eating at me a year from now ill go claim it then.

Reading this comments and then having my mom say something to me that hit a cord made me feel much better about my decision.

Having made this decision and feeling very little disappointment also tells me Ive made the right one.

Go to the exact course two days before the world record attempt and hit your shot and have it captured on hd video! Edit and post it on YouTube the day before the world record and send the clip to your local news stations and disseminate the clip via new media properties to create a small amount of buzz right before the guy officially heads up to the plate the next day. Should have an entertaining outcome ;)

Go to the exact course two days before the world record attempt and hit your shot and have it captured on hd video! Edit and post it on YouTube the day before the world record and send the clip to your local news stations and disseminate the clip via new media properties to create a small amount of buzz right before the guy officially heads up to the plate the next day. Should have an entertaining outcome ;)

Someone's a pro!!! :icon_mrgreen:

Now how do I make all the hot smart sane women in Florida show up at the next location I am drinking at? "We have kidnapped everyone from Ocean's 13" line only works so much..

This is a tricky one.

Dad, rightly says leave him be.   A good guide to life is; always ensure that silly insignificant people do not affect you and your way of life.

My advice is to turn up on the day and see how you feel.  If you are a decent person you would just let it lie.

However I know from personal experience that if he turns up and acts the Matthew Massive Plums and hits a puny 180 yards then it will be exceedingly tough to not rain on his self important parade.

Ask yourself if you would feel comfortable sauntering up to him, slapping him around his meaty chops with his golf glove before throwing it to the floor then proceeding to use a lesser club to knock a drive a 100 yards longer than his and then start taunting him by asking when he taught you to drive the extra yards whilst flipping him the double bird and spraying champagne in his face then going home to fcuk the prom queen?

I would probably show up and act very humble and after he does his then I would say something like "wow, that was great. Do you mind if I give it a try? And then when you hit a farther distance, act surprised." I am all for letting people have their little moments if they are humble about it. But if they are acting conceited and high and mighty then I would have no problem putting them in their place while being seemingly nice. But all that matters is you making the choice that will result in less drama!

Guest Rob Burgundy

I think if I showed up under any circumstance it would have a negative effect. I know he knows the distance I can hit this shot. I made a comment on his facebook page about wishing him luck and that its a shame it was an event open to all competitors and he got SUPER defensive and tried down playing the size of what was happening as if to discourage me from even spectating.

I feel if I show up even my presence might screw with him enough to effect his performance.

I feel good about not going and if I want the record later I can do it on my own.

Every dog has his day,this can be his.

I think if I showed up under any circumstance it would have a negative effect. I know he knows the distance I can hit this shot. I made a comment on his facebook page about wishing him luck and that its a shame it was an event open to all competitors and he got SUPER defensive and tried down playing the size of what was happening as if to discourage me from even spectating.

I feel if I show up even my presence might screw with him enough to effect his performance.

I feel good about not going and if I want the record later I can do it on my own.

Every dog has his day,this can be his.

Just so you know if this is a Guinness record, it costs bucks to get an official representative and actual record! So I doubt you would want to pay down the line to have this broken by yourself even if you gave two shits anymore

Guest Rob Burgundy
Just so you know if this is a Guinness record, it costs bucks to get an official representative and actual record! So I doubt you would want to pay down the line to have this broken by yourself even if you gave two shits anymore

Yeah,im aware of that. Another reason why it isnt feeling that important for me to do. I dont want to pay for a rep to fly out,put him up and all the extras..course rental etc. for my name in a book. I feel like id rather be known for other things.

Yeah,im aware of that. Another reason why it isnt feeling that important for me to do. I dont want to pay for a rep to fly out,put him up and all the extras..course rental etc. for my name in a book. I feel like id rather be known for other things.

How about Guinness world record for how fast you can recite the alphabet while having a hot chick sit on your face? :icon_mrgreen:

How about Guinness world record for how fast you can recite the alphabet while having a hot chick sit on your face? :icon_mrgreen:

I would have already owned that record but I got tongue twisted on v