Well..What do you guys think.

Guest Rob Burgundy

The way I see it the only reason why you can't rain on his parade is because he's paying for it.

At the end of the day I am sure he would like to be challenged, I would, otherwise how would I know that I am the best out there.

If it was a free for all event I am sure you wouldn't care about his feelings, this is not kindergarten it is real life, maybe it is just my competitiveness that doesn't allow me to let this one go :icon_mrgreen:

Good luck with whatever you decide Rob but let me tell you something I can hit it further than you do I just don't want to hurt your feelings :icon_mrgreen:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Rob Burgundy

It took place yesterday...I left it alone completely and he even sent me a message the night before. He must have been drunk or something because it sounds like a 12 year old wrote this.

"everybody, that knows me and knows tomorrow is the "big day" for the big shot. It is 12:30 am and i am up and can't sleep because tomorrow I will be hitting the longest backward golf shot into the Guinness World Book of records. Channel 2 and 13 have contacted me to film the event. So come be on Tv with me and watch history unfold right in front of your eyes ;0) I know me i will be there "

fcuk this guy. Im going to contact them on my own and have them come out shortly...I also plan on setting the record for the longest one armed golf shot too as its currently just over 200 yards and I put it out 300+

video

It took place yesterday...I left it alone completely and he even sent me a message the night before. He must have been drunk or something because it sounds like a 12 year old wrote this.

"everybody, that knows me and knows tomorrow is the "big day" for the big shot. It is 12:30 am and i am up and can't sleep because tomorrow I will be hitting the longest backward golf shot into the Guinness World Book of records. Channel 2 and 13 have contacted me to film the event. So come be on Tv with me and watch history unfold right in front of your eyes ;0) I know me i will be there "

fcuk this guy. Im going to contact guniess on my own and have them come out shortly...I also plan on setting the record for the longest one armed golf shot too as its currently just over 200 yards and I put it out 300+

Invalid Video Link

See? No good deed goes unpunished.

But I do like it this way better anyway, because now that he's in the book you can lurk and bide your time...then eclipse it whenever you feel like stepping up as the "Challenger".

Got to BEAT the man to BE the man, and your own story will be a better draw this way. :icon_thumleft:

Guest Rob Burgundy
See? No good deed goes unpunished.

But I do like it this way better anyway, because now that he's in the book you can lurk and bide your time...then eclipse it whenever you feel like stepping up as the "Challenger".

Got to BEAT the man to BE the man, and your own story will be a better draw this way. :icon_thumleft:

:icon_thumleft:

I'm going to shatter this fcuking thing. Glad I let him put it up and have it for a bit but this is just silly. Ill keep you guys posted.

How the hell can you hit a golf ball 300 yards with one arm? You must really mean POWER FAP when I see you post it. Hahaha.

Guest Rob Burgundy
How the hell can you hit a golf ball 300 yards with one arm? You must really mean POWER FAP when I see you post it. Hahaha.

You have NO idea

baeb3-86db5_rude011.jpg

Guest Rob Burgundy

I should either put up or shut up,Im not going to keep bragging about the feats...Ill go do it and then say something about it.

I would think about parlaying this with something else.. if your name is in the media use it to your advantage

Guest Rob Burgundy
I would think about parlaying this with something else.. if your name is in the media use it to your advantage

I just filled out the online applications to file a record with them and im supposed to hear back from them in 6 weeks...part of the questions were do you have any media covering the event. I know people at each local news station so Ill definitely get it covered.

"Claim Title: 1.Longest backward golf drive/2. longest one handed golf drive

City/Town/Village: sandy

Date of attempt: not set

Record Details: I would like to set the record for the Longest backward golf long drive. I know the person who just currently set the record and I hit the ball much farther then he does. He hit it 287 yards,I consistently hit the same shot 350+ and would like the record to be mine.

Secondly I would like to set the record for the longest one handed golf drive. I know I can easily beat the current record. I am a 3 time state junior long drive champion and I have over a dozen other long drive titles.

Adjudication Information requested

Media:I have 3 local TV news stations that will cover the record attempt. I also have the main local newspaper willing to print a article in the sports section."

So Skoks, what's your REAL golf skill? :icon_mrgreen:

You telling us your regular drive is 400+yds?

Handicap?

From reading that it sounds like he sent it to everyone in his contacts list so more people attended.

I doubt he wrote and sent it to you personally. But good luck with the record attempt whenever you do it, only problem is that you don't even know if it'll be published in the book or not!

Guest Rob Burgundy
So Skoks, what's your REAL golf skill? :icon_mrgreen:

You telling us your regular drive is 400+yds?

Handicap?

No sir. I play a good game but I have an 11 handicap and I don't hit for length when I'm playing a round. The long drive is just for show. I still hit my clubs longer then others when I'm playing but I would say a typical drive is 330-350

People get a little thrown off when I'm playing a round and I'm hitting my pitching wedge on the green from 190 yards out and I'm hitting a 7 iron from my second shot on a par 5. My putting kills me though.. If my putting was better I'd be reexamining my career choice.

Also longest drive I've had in a competition was 419 yards in the Remax world long drive championship district finals. So 400+ isn't a regular occurrence. Most competitions that I've won have been with 365-385

Guest Rob Burgundy

I think I was 21 here winning the state championship.. The guy behind the water bottle is the guy from this record.

Rob-Skokos-blasts-a-drive-during-the-Utah-Long.jpg