Cartier Tank. Need input.

Hey all, sorry if this has been touched on but my searcing turned up nothing (this forums search functionality BLOWS!) anyways, this will be my first "real" watch, I love the way the watch looks and the price isnt terrible. What do you guys think about the mens Cartier Tank line? Any and all help is much appreciated.

I have a Tank Francais from back in the day and I still pull it out every once and a while. I like it because its different than the norm. They are pretty cheap as well so no major investment but they don't hold any value either.

I have one as an ornament...i got the solid gold body years ago for a dress watch for my collection, the circuit board died and the cost to fix is to much, the gold value now may be as much as i paid for it..

I have a Tank Francais from back in the day and I still pull it out every once and a while. I like it because its different than the norm. They are pretty cheap as well so no major investment but they don't hold any value either.

So it would make sense to buy one used if I do buy one and let the original owner take the brunt of the depreciation? The IWC aquatimer also has me interested, my father has IWC watches and swears by them and told me to look there, I was always under the impression the IWC line was WAY more money than they look like they are (in my limited research)

Id personally look elsewhere.. Even a Rolex or something is better inmo..

Agreed - get a used Rolex.

Not my cup of tea, but then again it's your taste. A "run of the mill" Rolex Submariner Date is my idea of the ideal daily watch, but you may not agree. The only squared-off watch I've ever really liked is the Tag Heuer Monaco.

its a pretty small watch by todays standards. Used Roadsters are a better value and look nicer on the wrist.