New Monaco Face

gallardo23

Lord only knows how but I have a scratch the length of the minute hand right across my Tag Monaco. Called a local tag dealer and they said about $500 just for the glass, no labour. Am I getting the shaft here or is that what its actually going to cost? TIA

Lord only knows how but I have a scratch the length of the minute hand right across my Tag Monaco. Called a local tag dealer and they said about $500 just for the glass, no labour. Am I getting the shaft here or is that what its actually going to cost? TIA

It probably came into contact with your Diamond ring or other diamond jewelry.

You may find someone a little cheaper but they probably won't be sending it back to Tag to get it repaired.

Lol, tag is such a ripoff

Your preaching to the choir friend.

It probably came into contact with your Diamond ring or other diamond jewelry.

Nope. No Birdman styles here. Just wear a watch.

How much is labor? AP is charging me $2k including labor and parts for full service on my watch including replacing the crystal, replacing all seals/gaskets, polishing out scratches, etc, which I thought was reasonable if you see how beat up my watch was.

If it were me, and depending on how deep the scratch was, I would grab some Mothers metal polish and a good rag and use some elbow grease and work that scratch out :)

It used to say metal and glass polisher, and I've used it on glass before, headlights, etc... works like a champ. May not be strong enough for your scratch though.

Or you could try this: http://www.microfiber-products-online.com/quhipeacscre.html

If it were me, and depending on how deep the scratch was, I would grab some Mothers metal polish and a good rag and use some elbow grease and work that scratch out :)[/url]

That was my first thought. I can pretty well stick my finger nail in it though. Gonna just go and get it replaced.