Horrible crash on F1 Monaco Quali

capt_chaos

Absolutely gut sickening crash in Q3 qualifying as Perez comes out of the tunnel and loses it into a wall which flicks the wheels off and then he hits the foam protection wall side on.

Hope he is ok.

Rosburg just missed that wall earlier on.

Ouch, I have two buddies over there watching this live........should have gone with. :icon_pray:

Thankfully it has been reported he is conscience. But huge credit to the car designers as the driver pod does not look like it was pierced or two badly dented.

I would love to go to Monaco to see the race but the packages are so expensive. Two years ago a package for Thursday practise in the cafe right on trackside was £12K ($23k+)

The prices to watch the race in person are absolutely crazy. Try checking hotel prices on any of the hotels by the track LOL.

I was watching and just saw this. If I heard correctly, Sauber was the first to implement certain safety designs in the chassis after a crash in the same location in 1994, and this chassis definitely looks like it did its job.

When they showed a close-up of the car/driver, you could see that his eyes were open and he was looking around. Hope he is ok.

Didn't something happen to Barichello as well at this section of the track last year? I remember he had to forfeit and threw his steering wheel on the road and 1 second after that a car drove by.

edit:

The prices to watch the race in person are absolutely crazy. Try checking hotel prices on any of the hotels by the track LOL.

:iamwithstupid: :lol2:

I remember a story of an fchatter trying to get a big hotel room on the trackside with a patio, and then splitting up the costs with like 20-30 people. Not sure how that turned out but it was an interesting idea.

That doesn't look that terrible. The first impact slowed things down enough, he will be ok.

That doesn't look that terrible. The first impact slowed things down enough, he will be ok.

The way his head moved about kind of unnerved me a touch and there is very little chance I would want to crash like that!

That has got to still be 150mph+ sideways impact though?

The way his head moved about kind of unnerved me a touch and there is very little chance I would want to crash like that!

That has got to still be 150mph+ sideways impact though?

He hit the initial guardrail at an angle and that took a lot of the energy off the impact and by the time he hit the ile sideways he was going much slower. Your worse nightmare is a head on or sideways into a solid barrier. Hans device really comes in handy in these situations and the raised cockpit did its job. The chassis are amazing at absorbing energy.

Plus that type of crash barrier is quite good at absorbing the energy, do you know what that barrier is made of? When I first saw it live on TV I thought it was curtains for Perez.

I think the Kubica crash in the '07 Canadian GP looked like he could have died, and he suffered little more than a broken leg I think.

Didn't something happen to Barichello as well at this section of the track last year? I remember he had to forfeit and threw his steering wheel on the road and 1 second after that a car drove by.

edit:

No, that was a different part of the track.

I think the Kubica crash in the '07 Canadian GP looked like he could have died, and he suffered little more than a broken leg I think.

I was there when he crashed. We thought he was dead, it was really nasty.

I was there when he crashed. We thought he was dead, it was really nasty.

I was there too....were you by the hairpin? That would have been surreal to see up front and personal. :shock:

I was there too....were you by the hairpin? That would have been surreal to see up front and personal. :shock:

I was not at the hairpin, watched it on tv.

If you want to do it expensively, you can do it expensively.

If not then it can be about 70euro a ticket.

And the commentators were making that crash seem alot worse than it was.

If you want to do it expensively, you can do it expensively.

If not then it can be about 70euro a ticket.

And the commentators were making that crash seem alot worse than it was.

Yes, I have looked in to tickets both for Monaco and other races here in Europe and you can do the cheap tickets, but they are exactly that. They are general admission, you have to hope to find a place with a reasonable view of the track, and you may or may not have a TV near you that you can see the rest of the race.

The other problem I have, and maybe it is because they don't have it on their webpage, is that they do not sell kids tickets for Race day, only Friday (or in the case of Monaco, Thursday). So I don't know if you can even bring children to the actual race.

Yes, I have looked in to tickets both for Monaco and other races here in Europe and you can do the cheap tickets, but they are exactly that. They are general admission, you have to hope to find a place with a reasonable view of the track, and you may or may not have a TV near you that you can see the rest of the race.

The other problem I have, and maybe it is because they don't have it on their webpage, is that they do not sell kids tickets for Race day, only Friday (or in the case of Monaco, Thursday). So I don't know if you can even bring children to the actual race.

That's what happens at a street race. Street races are better watched on TV in a pub unless you have a prime spot/ hospitality.

Kids tickets to race day at Monaco are 35 Euro.

Insightful bro.

Nice post "bro".