LPDADDY

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

gasman,

youre absolutely on point. the thing that scares me about getting a cgt is the maintenance etc. a nice 05 black is still in the low-mid 300's. call it 425k on the safe side including taxes and unexpected service issues... too rich for my blood at the moment.

a gallardo tt is 200k, add another 50 for taxes and unexpected service issues.

an slr is 250k, if i got one, i would keep it for less than a year. i'de only get one just because its beautiful and ive been a huge McLaren fan (formula 1) my life.

i bought my 996tt and ive owned it for 3 years and a few months. of those three years, its been at a shop for about 18 months, over 30 grand in services and maintenance related issues. and ive gone through 9 sets of rear tires.

WTF ?!? Nine sets of tyres in 18 months of driving (if it's been in the shop 18 months) ?!? A set of rears every two months ?! What were you doing, wheelspin starts all of the time ??! Hence the 18 months on a lift getting clutches too I guess......

why is there so much animosity towards swil ? if it wasn't for his knowledgable posts, the only thing lambopower would be good for is the DAMN, LOL , and undergroudn racings threads.

WTF ?!? Nine sets of tyres in 18 months of driving (if it's been in the shop 18 months) ?!? A set of rears every two months ?! What were you doing, wheelspin starts all of the time ??! Hence the 18 months on a lift getting clutches too I guess......

the problems i had with the car were suspension issues. we replaced a bunch of different things, at the end, the entire rear-end of the car was replaced. new control arms, all bushings replaced, wheel bearing, dog bones, suspension carriers etc etc.

the problem was, we could never get a PERFECT alignment. ive had the car aligned about 25-30 times. keep in mind though, the car was ONLY used to be beaten on.

i never warm it up when i turn it on, it gets redlined all the time. my rear tires were shot quick because i had an alignment with a lot of negative camber, and a very agressive toe.

i did a few runs with a bunch of members on the forum, they know how i drive it.

all the rubber bushings in the rear were replaced with solid mount components (OEM Porsche Motorsport components), and the roads in NYC arent very forgiving, so everytime ide smack a pothole, my alignment was out of wack.

i love the car though, when its set up perfect, its fast as hell and a pleasure to drive.

this was from a run a couple of years ago

when a bunch of us were in the airport event in florida a couple of years ago (think to when heffner and UGR cars were battling), i had a blowout on the actual track due to the negative camber chewing the inside of the tires. at the time the car was set to 2.2 degrees of negative camber for the street.

this was from a run a couple of years ago

"So you are telling me you can only go 120mph?...I should have kept going then...."

LOLZ

why is there so much animosity towards swil ? if it wasn't for his knowledgable posts, the only thing lambopower would be good for is the DAMN, LOL , and undergroudn racings threads.

You get out of a forum what you get in.

When referring to Swil's "knowledgable posts" I can point to many of them where they are exceedingly fact light or plain bonkers - so much so that one of his posts has become a forum catchphrase.

When it comes to Swil, I will lay my cards on the table. I am exceedingly dubious over this whole furore and I am not the only one. If it is his then fair play and better than good luck to him but right now I am sceptical.

Too much mis-information, post edits and again fact light for me. He says he is playing the Fortis game but we all knew about Fortis's car for a long while, I likened it to going to your girlfriend's family get together and there is a cousin there with overtly questionable sexuality.

We all know and it is a matter of time until everyone knows everyone knows.

All we have so far is a side on picture...

If a guy is bullshitting about buying/owning big ticket items on a forum, regardless of whether you enjoy his posts or not, it needs to be addressed...particularly if that guy is also giving unsolicited financial advice which many appear to be following. It's just better to be safe and really enjoy Swil's contributions than be burned on the other side.

Same goes for any of us, Swil's not being singled out at all. And I'm sure he has no problem whatsoever with this vetting process, as he's seen several others go through it and come out fine on the other side. He knows the drill. :icon_thumleft:

ALSO: This is not a thread on Porsche, CGT maintenance, shop nightmares, or other nonsense, unless it directly pertains to BMWRACER's original post. Stay on topic please.

The CGT is the top of my all time favorites list. Follow that by a Ford GT and an SLR.

Chris, back in '07 I briefly owned a CGT silver/ascot with the intention of replacing the FGT. After one afternoon with the car I decided to pass and keep the FGT. The CGT may have the FGT beat in the looks department (at least IMO) but you can't compare the way the two cars drive. Perhaps :turboalex: will chime in on the CGT vs the FGT since he's owned and modded both at the same time.

Congrats on the CGT Swill, what number is your car?

Guest Rob Burgundy

I made comments towards slowpoke a long time ago along with some other members because at the time some things didn't "add up" when in reality he just hadn't shared a ton of thing about his lambos. I was obviously very wrong in accusing him & promised I wouldnt be part of a lynch mob again...if somebody has something more then just speculation step up..

I made comments towards slowpoke a long time ago along with some other members. I was obviously very wrong in accusing him & promised I wouldnt be part of a lynch mob again...if somebody has something more then just speculation step up..

I've believed for a long time that your mustache is just simply not real. Yes you're on the evening news, yes it's certainly still classy, but I believe I saw you talking about not having a mustache in a thread a few weeks ago...

Congrats on it if it's real, what number is that mustache?

:icon_mrgreen:

Guest Rob Burgundy
I've believed for a long time that your mustache is just simply not real. Yes you're on the evening news, yes it's certainly still classy, but I believe I saw you talking about not having a mustache in a thread a few weeks ago...

"Go fcuk yourself San DiMako :lol2:

"Go fcuk yourself San DiMako :lol2:

Wow, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast...It jumped up a notch.

Rob did you throw a trident??

Guest Rob Burgundy
Wow, that escalated quickly. I mean that really got out of hand fast...It jumped up a notch.

Rob did you throw a trident??

I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

ALSO: This is not a thread on Porsche, CGT maintenance, shop nightmares, or other nonsense, unless it directly pertains to BMWRACER's original post. Stay on topic please.

:eusa_naughty:

See? There's no lynch mob mentality here, it's more like a security clearance test.

A security clearance in Italy that is, where you are pronounced GUILTY and must PROVE your innocence to qualify! :icon_mrgreen: :eusa_dance:

Swil has thick skin, he can take the heat. :icon_thumleft:

You get out of a forum what you get in.

When referring to Swil's "knowledgable posts" I can point to many of them where they are exceedingly fact light or plain bonkers - so much so that one of his posts has become a forum catchphrase.

When it comes to Swil, I will lay my cards on the table. I am exceedingly dubious over this whole furore and I am not the only one. If it is his then fair play and better than good luck to him but right now I am sceptical.

Too much mis-information, post edits and again fact light for me. He says he is playing the Fortis game but we all knew about Fortis's car for a long while, I likened it to going to your girlfriend's family get together and there is a cousin there with overtly questionable sexuality.

We all know and it is a matter of time until everyone knows everyone knows.

All we have so far is a side on picture...

Exceedingly "fact light or plain bonkers"? Hmm so you're referring to SOME of my sports posts? A couple subjects YOU may not agree with? So you disagreeing means my statements are way off, or is your opinion merely just that, an opinion, as well. Or are you referring to some business or financial stuff I've talked about in the past? because I have some skepticism as to all 3,000 of my posts being of questionable nature or flat out BS. And this is no jab at you, but since you're coming at me for absolutely no reason, I'm having a hard time remembering any thing YOU actually have written of value or is helpful or any tidbit of insight into anything, other than witty comical remarks and outright juvenile posts... So you tell me who may have built up more credibility here, through posts alone.... Eh, I'll let the consensus decide.

"We all knew about Fortis's ride for a while"....why? because some else posted a pic of it and that was end of story?? This is not directed toward you Fortis, first of all, so let me get that out of the way. Are we all swayed by the "Glass-Garage Syndrome"?? That the SL must be his if there's a picture with it? Or is it because he previously had a Red G so if he says he has one now it MUST be true?? I guess, maybe I'm a victim of never posting or talking about ANYTHING I have or have owned or where I live, I don't post in the LamboCribs section, I don't talk about what I currently drive or even what I ACTUALLY do for a living. I don't look for business here (I'm not a sponsor), and knowing the nature of a public forum on the internet, I appreciate my privacy and in a lot of cases it's the most important thing for me to protect..

So in the meantime, I've only tried to add some value in the sections I most frequent, tried to have a little fun (cause I enjoy this place) and let my posts speak for themselves and my personality; rather than any personal accomplishments or possessions. I guess if I MUST explain myself (which I don't), the edits have only been because I've preferred to change what I've written to make it short an sweet. In this case, no editing to come..LOL And honestly, I really don't have to justify anything.... Forgive me for being "suspect", but I'm absolutely fine with that.

If a guy is bullshitting on a forum, regardless of whether you enjoy his posts or not, it needs to be addressed...particularly if that guy is also giving unsolicited financial advice which many appear to be following.

And I'm sure Swil has no problem whatsoever with this vetting process, as he's seen several others go through it and come out fine on the other side. He knows the drill. :icon_thumleft:

ALSO: This is not a thread on Porsche, CGT maintenance, shop nightmares, or other nonsense. Stay on topic please.

Come on man, unsolicited advice? Someone asks a question, on an open forum that ANYONE has the liberty to answer. I give my input, and so do others....Isn't that what an Online Forum has been created for?? Nice jab, I'll duck and parry.

Vetting process, I don't have a problem with it I guess...I'm just trying to figure out where all this came from. I reluctantly even mentioned it, a MONTH ago and I left it alone. I NEVER volunteered the information, other than that childish waste of time retort back to BrianWilsonUK. And the sharks have been circling ever since. :lol2: Sure I've asked plenty of questions. About many cars over the years. Not any different than most here (I don't need to name names), some that still haven't bought anything (you know who you are) :icon_mrgreen: .

How an enthusiastic response from me to a LOOOONG time veterans "perceived" honest curiosity, turned into a witch-hunt, I have no idea. It's actually one of the reasons I preferred to not say much. It's like anything I say can and will be used against me.. haha..LOL.

Yes Mako I know the drill. But I'm not a newbie, and I'm bending over backwards cause it doesn't really matter to me. I provided what I provided cause that's all that I have at the moment. I opened up a little with my first response and have gotten it shoved back down my throat, not cool. This is my first true exotic experience so pardon me if Im not "handling it" the proper way... But whats going on right now, doesn't happen to everyone (whether they've owned previously or not), why me? Who knows.....who cares.

For now, I'm going to leave this Thread to you guys to Speculate, Congratulate, or Hate... When I have more for you guys I'll placate the mob, for now.....have fun :icon_thumleft:

You've made some valid points, no question.

But I can tell you that we've always run things differently here. We leave the alternative "free love" policies for other forums, where they're overrun by 15 year olds with "An SLR, a F430, and an LP640 I just picked up". :icon_mrgreen:

It's not for everyone, but it works for us. That's why our posts can't be viewed without registering, and why Googlebot can't index our pages for SEO results. It's just more of a private thing as we're not out to do numbers and grow members.

The "unsolicited" line I expected to be a bit controversial, but it is what it is in terms of a description.

From what I hear from those I trust on the topic Swil's (your?) advice is pretty solid. But it's about just making sure we protect the group (and ourselves) from thinking someone is who they're not. And as Rob pointed out with Slowpoke, when someone is legit and comes through the other side it makes them more credible, more appreciated, and more enthusiastically supported by everyone else. :icon_mrgreen:

I don't see the problem with it, and I believe it makes the community stronger. Just my opinion. :icon_thumleft:

Why use the alternate login ID though, did something happen to your main one? (not a loaded question, genuinely curious)

You've made some valid points, no question.

But I can tell you that we've always run things differently here. We leave the alternative "free love" policies for other forums, where they're overrun by 15 year olds with "An SLR, a F430, and an LP640 I just picked up". :icon_mrgreen:

It's not for everyone, but it works for us. That's why our posts can't be viewed without registering, and why Googlebot can't index our pages for SEO results. It's just more of a private thing as we're not out to do numbers and grow members.

The "unsolicited" line I expected to be a bit controversial, but it is what it is in terms of a description.

From what I hear from those I trust on the topic Swil's (your?) advice is pretty solid. But it's about just making sure we protect the group (and ourselves) from thinking someone is who they're not. And as Rob pointed out with Slowpoke, when someone is legit and comes through the other side it makes them more credible, more appreciated, and more enthusiastically supported by everyone else. :icon_mrgreen:

I don't see the problem with it, and I believe it makes the community stronger. Just my opinion. :icon_thumleft:

I agree completely...I just don't have much else to give. For now, whatever I do provide will be limited, anyways. I don't play the, "show me a pic with you standing next to it" game. Not gonna happen.

I agree completely...I just don't have much else to give. For now, whatever I do provide will be limited, anyways. I don't play the, "show me a pic with you standing next to it" game. Not gonna happen.

I forgot to add in my post, that for Fortis he's a friend of Scud's in real life, who we know, so it was an easy one.

Just so you don't feel there's an unlevel playing field being applied or that we fell for Fortis' "mausoleum" home styling... :icon_mrgreen:

I forgot to add in my post, that for Fortis he's a friend of Scud's in real life, who we know, so it was an easy one.

Just so you don't feel there's an unlevel playing field being applied or that we fell for Fortis' "mausoleum" home styling... :icon_mrgreen:

:lol2: Fair enough.

:lol2: Fair enough.

Swil you've got a lot of credibility with the members here and the general public is forgiving. If you bullshat relax, it's not the end of the world. If you've got a new car then congrats.

abolfaz asked you about the VIN. Mako asked you about the fake login. I'm now asking you to respond.