Woo Hoo I just got promoted!

kaoss

I don't normally toot my own horn, but it's been a good past couple of days so felt like sharing. Some of you know I've been innvolved in martial arts since 1987 and earned my first black belt in 1993 in kajukenbo/wun hop kuen do. This accomplishment brought with it a lot of great rewards including meeting some of the most incredible people of all time. Anyways, I just received word last night that I've been promoted to 4th degree! So some of you undertand the time requirements, it's typically 5 years of training per degree, plus in order to even progress to 2nd, you have to have trained at least one student from white belt to black belt, which on average takes a minimum of 5 years.

On top of this promotion, I've been brought into Natural Spirit International as an apprentice instructor with plans for full instructor certification inside of a year. While there's no monetry benefit to this promotion, it's one of those self rewarding things that I am most proud of and wanted to share with my friends! I'm pretty excited...been a long road!

Thanks for listening!

I am sure it was one hell of a ride, congrats!

It has been a long journey, but rewarding too. The video here is the traditional Kajukenbo, or the Chuan Fa section which practiced numbered sets and specific techniques to each, it took a long time to learn as well as be able to apply them as your own. Eventually, I made the transition over to the Wun Hop Kuen Do section which had fewer restrictions and fewer pre-defined responses, this was under Al Dacascos (his son is Mark Dacascos host of Iron Chef America). I branched out further with literally no restrictions later as well with Kelly Worden and Natural Spirit International. It's been an awesome trek.

My school never had padded floors, we always trained on concrete and my black belt test was 10 hours long. Talk about a long day! Thanks for the reply!