Fuck da police!

abolfaz

I don’t know what it is but sometimes I feel like I look into someones eyes I get a bad vibe immediately. This guy gives me that vibe. Couldn't care less for the tattoos

I know what you are saying, but I don't think it is fair to judge someone off of that.

I think tattoos in LE are not a good thing. Lots of my local agencies have strict tattoo policies to avoid situations where an officer's tattoos lead to the cowboy perception.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get where Robber is coming from. I really do. There are situations upon situations where the smallest mistake means your imminent death. It’s scary and it’s a risk you take as an officer. In school we were forced to watch videos upon videos of gruesome encounters and killed officers. The situations you watch will never be 100% the same as you will be involved in but hey do provide helpful insight on what you need to keep in mind.

That said, I do not agree with him how this situation was handled. Never have I ever seen a suspect forced to crawl forward like that. If he had two suspects there, he should have waited like Emanon said for assisting officers to provide support. He already had them at gunpoint, THEY WERE COMPLIANT, the suspects were intoxicated which he confirmed, and if I was I know for a fact I’d probably fall down. As mentioned prior by Emanon, the suspect had gym shorts on THAT WERE FALLING OFF and you can’t carry a pistol like that. Even if the guy was pulling a knife he’d need to get up to even get close to the officer to get a running start to get even close to stabbing him. He should have left them both on the ground and just waited. The guys commentary wasn’t professional either. Yeah, if you’re chasing a suspect that has blatantly displayed aggression, sure, you curse, you talk shit within the parameters of what you’re going to do (which IS NOT recommended at all), you say some stuff. These people WERE listening to him and the way he described his possible actions to them was indeed threatening. This isn’t the wild Wild West, you’re not some blood hungry bounty hunter as a cop. Even in the situations I’ve been involved in, how you talk to the other person is everything. You can take a situation from 60 to 0 real fast by just talking to people. You DO NOT tell someone in a situation who is compliant like they were that you’re going to shoot them in the manor that he did. You do not try and escalate the situation. In every situation you are involved in you must remember that whether you’re dealing with a lady with a cat in a tree or a crack addict who just robbed a store that you are an officer of the law and it is your job to be the bigger person and make the professional decision based on the rules you’ve been taught and the regulations you are to abide by. This guy should have never been able to graduate.

Now, different situation. In the below video, you can obviously see that it is night time. Night is one of the most dangerous times to be on patrol. If you are pulled over, there is a reason you are told to sit still. You don’t make any sudden movements, there is limited visibility on the officer’s part, and there is a reason you don’t get out of your car. I absolutely feel for this officer. The man shot in the video reaches for his cane in the dead of night which could without a doubt be construed as a weapon by the officer. The officer was calm and collective at first but you have to remember he could be killed at any moment by anyone he pulls over. The officer knows this and has to keep it in mind at all times. The difference between this video and the video we’re talking about is that this officer actually saw something that was reached for that resembled a gun. You can immediately see the regret in what he did and he starts crying. I can’t imagine being in a situation like this and having made a mistake like this. It is brutal.

I'm not a fan of tats...... Losers and non officers in the military get them! Most police in Canada have non visible tats policy. So in general especially The RCMP don't look like uneducated gang members with tats all over.

The criminal case is said and done. But now that video is out, every person in AZ (and much of the country) has seen it and Mark Geragos is ready to file a civil suit against the Mesa PD.

How much of a financial bloodbath is this going to be for the city? Do they just write an eye watering settlement check, or let this get drawn out in the public eye for a year in trial (and still lose)?

LP pool on what this will cost the city? I'm thinking round about $15m.

I'm not a fan of tats...... Losers and non officers in the military get them! Most police in Canada have non visible tats policy. So in general especially The RCMP don't look like uneducated gang members with tats all over.

I'm a loser! Yay! :eusa_dance:

While watching that video of the police officer (I clicked without reading the title)

Without the back story, half way through I was thinking to myself "is this some nutter who had a camera on himself while terrorising people before police took him out" nope, he was the police.

His conduct seemed very unprofessional and unbecoming of a police officer, from his language, to his direction and demeanour. Of course none of us were there and don't know the whole story, but I genuinely thought the guy with the camera on was the criminal until I received some context and back story.

A bad outcome all around however :(

The real problem is law enforcement has lowered the bar on their hires. They've also lowered the training standards as well. Criminals have also lowered the bar on going to jail or not. Net, police need to be dirt bags or they'll get easily killed on the streets.

The real problem is law enforcement has lowered the bar on their hires. They've also lowered the training standards as well. Criminals have also lowered the bar on going to jail or not. Net, police need to be dirt bags or they'll get easily killed on the streets.

Just shut up please. You never have anything valuable to input.

Also, a lot of members here have tats. I also know a number of people in the military with tats that have accomplished more in a matter of hours than you ever will in your life.

Straight execution. Horrible horrible thing how can you even debate this. It is clear as day. This cop need to face death penalty.

Straight execution. Horrible horrible thing how can you even debate this. It is clear as day. This cop need to face death penalty.

Cop was found not guilty.

Unbelievable, and the cop was acquitted.

Did anybody else get the sense this douche played too much "Simon Says" as a kid?

Here is the officer/killer/cowboy in question.

Hes a wee man with a napoleon complex.

• 4 weeks later...
Unnecessary.

Necessary. Animal was wounded and suffering. Possibly in shock. Humane thing to do. Put it down. The reality is that here in the states very few animal control service organizations would care for or rehabilitate the animal. Deer population is out of control in many areas of the country with few natural predators.

Necessary. Animal was wounded and suffering. Possibly in shock. Humane thing to do. Put it down. The reality is that here in the states very few animal control service organizations would care for or rehabilitate the animal. Deer population is out of control in many areas of the country with few natural predators.

Fair enough, I wasn’t really talking about rehabilitation if in did the animal was injured and not just stunned by the lights, I was talking about treating the animal in a more humane way rather than blowing its brains out in the middle of the road at a point blank range in front of passers by holding cameras. Get animal control there tranquilize it, take it away and put it to sleep.

We wouldn’t treat a dog like that why should this animal not enjoy the same privilege?

Anyway I know people hunt these animals and some are desensitized to it, I also know their population can get out of hand and they can become pests but I still think we should treat them more humanly rather than revert to our barbaric traits.

Fair enough, I wasn’t really talking about rehabilitation if in did the animal was injured and not just stunned by the lights, I was talking about treating the animal in a more humane way rather than blowing its brains out in the middle of the road at a point blank range in front of passers by holding cameras. Get animal control there tranquilize it, take it away and put it to sleep.

We wouldn’t treat a dog like that why should this animal not enjoy the same privilege?

Anyway I know people hunt these animals and some are desensitized to it, I also know their population can get out of hand and they can become pests but I still think we should treat them more humanly rather than revert to our barbaric traits.

Because a dog doesnt do this to a car when you hit it going 70MPH.

That thing is clearly all fucked up, on the road and an accident waiting to happen...

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/heres-a-grap...le-hits-a-deer/

10_14_02_1.jpg

10_14_02_b.jpg

I agree they could have done more to get the people away, they dont meed to witness that.

Fir the animal that is already scared shitless, i would say this is far and away the most humane solution. The deer had zero idea anything happened, just lights out right there. Tranq requires a couple guys tackling the animal and restraining it to give it an injection. Best case shooting it with a dart and letting the sedative take effect.

My only criticism (as a hunter) is i wouldnt have gone for the 9mm handgun.

I agree they could have done more to get the people away, they dont meed to witness that.

Fir the animal that is already scared shitless, i would say this is far and away the most humane solution. The deer had zero idea anything happened, just lights out right there. Tranq requires a couple guys tackling the animal and restraining it to give it an injection. Best case shooting it with a dart and letting the sedative take effect.

My only criticism (as a hunter) is i wouldnt have gone for the 9mm handgun.

Deads, dead.

Did not know it had busted leg when I posted that.

Praise da police, problem solved.

Here is police doing same with crippled man, again good reason to empty mags.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wCtvfNCw7E

"if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

What bothers me is how easily they use gun without thinking.