Fuck da police!

abolfaz

The go straight to your knees part got me, do you really have to do that?

I am being pulled over not getting ready for prayers haha. I would not go down to my knees for anyone let alone for a prick with a badge and a chip on his shoulder.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am being pulled over not getting ready for prayers haha. I would not go down to my knees for anyone let alone for a prick with a badge and a chip on his shoulder.

Exactly my thoughts

Completely non legal response to the video. I ride motorcycle. I sometimes have exceeded the speed limit. Sometimes for miles on end without looking in my mirrors while passing cars that dont look like cops. If I was this rider I bet he never looked in his mirrors, and was focused in front of him. Then when you get to a slower spot you look behind you to see if there are any cops. He saw them and was going to stop, but then got ran over. When he realized it was a cop he was trying to give up. Stoping a motorcycle isnt as easy as pulling the e brake and stopping. But I kind of see the cops position too. A biker fcuking around with stuff could be an attempt to run. Shut it off, keep it in gear and get that stand down. There are soo many things I cant think of that went through his head.

• 3 weeks later...

*meh* I'm not seeing how the rider's reactions or movements were unreasonable. Or how they would necessitate a kick to the chest vs. backing away (let the bull charge the cape and make a fool of himself...unless you're looking for a fight). Or that there should be a standing expectation to drop to the knees when dealing with officers. I also don't see how pulling the trigger from that firing position would be helpful, so people will cry gangster or little-big-man complex all day long.

Later articles say that the rider was awarded $180k by a jury. Even sadder, the statement released by the Oregon State Police (indicating a steady stream of moron-based culture) "is disappointed with the (trial) outcome and feels the actions of our troopers clearly did not violate established procedures or tactics. In situations like these, officers have milliseconds to make what may be life-or-death decisions and those officers should be shielded from the liability of civil damages." Oh, the drama. Guess what, Oregon, nobody gives a fk and you don't deserve any fks given anyway. Do your fcuking job. Oh, btw, the cop was promoted.

Great so it was a win win situation, the biker gets paid, the cop gets promoted the tax payers foot the bill for two morons who didn't learn any lessons from it, you got to love the justice system, I would've got both of them to do community service.

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I can’t believe that there’s people defending the cop and the judgement. Man is crawling and crying, not armed and gets murdered in cold blood. Disgusting.

I can’t believe that there’s people defending the cop and the judgement. Man is crawling and crying, not armed and gets murdered in cold blood. Disgusting.

As someone who has taken police classes, there is so much wrong with this situation. First of all, the suspect was being compliant. You don’t don’t give someone conflicting commands. First if the suspect has their hands up, you make them get on the ground on their stomach spreading their arms out. Second, you have them put their hands behind them to the small of their back in the process of handcuffing them, next you have them bring their feet up to their butt and you do the rest. At that point the officer should have dropped his slumg weapon to the side and proceeded to apprehend the suspect. This Navy SEAL wannabe prick is cringeworthy. You have tons of officers like this guy out there (I’m not saying that all officers are like this) with insufficient training and they get issued some combat gear because they’re put on a special response team and the next thing you know they think they’re a fcuking savior hero of the universe. This guy had a fully customized AR with a dust cover that read “you’re fucked.” The absolute epitome of a shit cop. Even if the suspect was reaching to pull his pants up, there was no gun visible. Now, there are certain provisions provided to officers by the Supreme Court that actually do protect them in similar situations as this where a suspect may make a sudden theeating movement or pose a threat which is the reason why you see many acquittals. Sometimes there are just bad situations where an officer may very well fear for their life and have only milliseconds to react. Those situations are extremely understandable. This was not one of those situations.

As someone who has taken police classes, there is so much wrong with this situation. First of all, the suspect was being compliant. You don’t don’t give someone conflicting commands. First if the suspect has their hands up, you make them get on the ground on their stomach spreading their arms out. Second, you have them put their hands behind them to the small of their back in the process of handcuffing them, next you have them bring their feet up to their butt and you do the rest. At that point the officer should have dropped his slumg weapon to the side and proceeded to apprehend the suspect. This Navy SEAL wannabe prick is cringeworthy. You have tons of officers like this guy out there (I’m not saying that all officers are like this) with insufficient training and they get issued some combat gear because they’re put on a special response team and the next thing you know they think they’re a fcuking savior hero of the universe. This guy had a fully customized AR with a dust cover that read “you’re fucked.” The absolute epitome of a shit cop. Even if the suspect was reaching to pull his pants up, there was no gun visible. Now, there are certain provisions provided to officers by the Supreme Court that actually do protect them in similar situations as this where a suspect may make a sudden theeating movement or pose a threat which is the reason why you see many acquittals. Sometimes there are just bad situations where an officer may very well fear for their life and have only milliseconds to react. Those situations are extremely understandable. This was not one of those situations.
Thanks for the insight and ya, even to a layman like me, the whole situation looks wrong. Why do you need to tell the guy to crawl forward on his hands and knees ?!

We do not have enough information to accurately judge the situation. We only have a clip from the badge cam, and very little background on the call, suspects, situation, etc.. The officer did say multiple times to comply and follow every order or he will be shot. The man crying and crawling doesn't have very much relevance. Those situations can go from 0-60 extremely fast and while it isn't common, there are examples of people who acted (very similarly to the suspect in the video) with the intent of surprise attacking the officer. The officer's AR/M4 (not sure what his department issues) may or may not be modified. Lots of departments are issuing ARs & M4s with tactical sights, grips, lights, etc. on them. Unfortunately so many officers have been gunned down over the last few years that people are being extra careful and compliance is more and more important. To have a justified OIS the officer has to have a reasonable belief that there is an imminent loss of life to himself or others. The deceased, in this case, should have been more careful and complied (IMO). However, none of us can accurately say that the officer killed someone "in cold blood" without having access to all of the evidence that the jury had.

Have not read up on it but i showed it to a buddy and he told me the cops responded to a gun call in a hotel room. Those 2 were innocent people who happen to be walking on the same floor and were intoxicated aswell.

Again this is what i was told.

We do not have enough information to accurately judge the situation. We only have a clip from the badge cam, and very little background on the call, suspects, situation, etc.. The officer did say multiple times to comply and follow every order or he will be shot. The man crying and crawling doesn't have very much relevance. Those situations can go from 0-60 extremely fast and while it isn't common, there are examples of people who acted (very similarly to the suspect in the video) with the intent of surprise attacking the officer. The officer's AR/M4 (not sure what his department issues) may or may not be modified. Lots of departments are issuing ARs & M4s with tactical sights, grips, lights, etc. on them. Unfortunately so many officers have been gunned down over the last few years that people are being extra careful and compliance is more and more important. To have a justified OIS the officer has to have a reasonable belief that there is an imminent loss of life to himself or others. The deceased, in this case, should have been more careful and complied (IMO). However, none of us can accurately say that the officer killed someone "in cold blood" without having access to all of the evidence that the jury had.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree and as respectfully as I can call absolute bullshit on the line "we do not have enough information to accurately judge the situation" . This was a murder by incompetence , plain and simple. Not a single one of us breathing would get away after killing someone in that manner by stating " I only had a split second" . If you are claiming to put your life on the line for the safety of others then you cannot simply kill everything you deem to be a threat.

And for god sakes , nitpicking the guy's actions as he was begging for his life staring down the barrel of a gun and complying to the conflicting demands is borderline insanity.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree and as respectfully as I can call absolute bullshit on the line "we do not have enough information to accurately judge the situation" . This was a murder by incompetence , plain and simple. Not a single one of us breathing would get away after killing someone in that manner by stating " I only had a split second" . If you are claiming to put your life on the line for the safety of others then you cannot simply kill everything you deem to be a threat.

And for god sakes , nitpicking the guy's actions as he was begging for his life staring down the barrel of a gun and complying to the conflicting demands is borderline insanity.

I don't mind you disagreeing, however, if you are going to call BS on my statement you need to support it. As I mentioned in my post, the jury that decided not to press charges against the officer is the only group of people with all of the facts and evidence. A body cam does not often show the entire situation in a clear and accurate manner. As far as what the officer said, NONE of us can say what we would or wouldn't say or do immediately after something like that.

Nitpicking the suspect's actions is absolutely essential. He didn't get shot because he was complying with the officer's orders. There were multiple times when he reached behind his back (near the waistband area) before he got shot. He established a dangerous pattern. Hands kill. When you combine the initial call, the actions of the suspect, and the lack of compliance this is what you end up with. No one is saying this guy deserved to die (or that his death is a good thing), but the jury decided that the officer had established reasonable belief that there was an imminent loss of life for himself and/or the other officers.

I never heard the officer give him the command to un-cross his legs. It appeared to me like the poor bastard was trying to scoot down the hallway, with his hands straight up and his legs still crossed behind him. You'd have to be some circus performer to make that happen.

I don't know how you could possibly think that the line of commands, and expected actions as a result are reasonable for an average human to comprehend and carry out given the situation. I could see myself getting shot for the exact same reason as this guy. If GI Joe were bearing down on me with custom AR and expecting me to defy the laws of physics in the process, I'd have a breakdown too.

Here is the officer/killer/cowboy in question.

How does that have any relevance? If we can't make assumptions about people based on their appearance in every other aspect of the world, why is it suddenly different now that it is an Officer???? Plenty of departments allow for tattoos and his vest is a standard vest for lots of departments (often Sherifs Offices).

I don't mind you disagreeing, however, if you are going to call BS on my statement you need to support it. As I mentioned in my post, the jury that decided not to press charges against the officer is the only group of people with all of the facts and evidence. A body cam does not often show the entire situation in a clear and accurate manner. As far as what the officer said, NONE of us can say what we would or wouldn't say or do immediately after something like that.

Nitpicking the suspect's actions is absolutely essential. He didn't get shot because he was complying with the officer's orders. There were multiple times when he reached behind his back (near the waistband area) before he got shot. He established a dangerous pattern. Hands kill. When you combine the initial call, the actions of the suspect, and the lack of compliance this is what you end up with. No one is saying this guy deserved to die (or that his death is a good thing), but the jury decided that the officer had established reasonable belief that there was an imminent loss of life for himself and/or the other officers.

I need to support it further than...say...the video of it happening, the fact that the guy was unarmed, the fact that at all times during the shooting that the officers had him down and covered ? If that won't do it for you, I doubt I have any lowly words that would change your mind.

I need to support it further than...say...the video of it happening, the fact that the guy was unarmed, the fact that at all times during the shooting that the officers had him down and covered ? If that won't do it for you, I doubt I have any lowly words that would change your mind.

The video doesn't show the moment the officer shoots very well. It also doesn't show the suspect's movement to his waistband very well either. The fact the guy was unarmed isn't a factor at all. That was not a fact known by the officer(s) at the time and is not a factor in a justified OIS. Again, the law says for an officer to use lethal force there has to be reasonable belief that there is imminent loss of life to the officer, another officer, or the public. It does not say that in order to use lethal force the suspect has to be armed with a firearm. I have been through a police active shooter simulator and there are seconds to decide to shoot or not shoot. Monday morning quarterbacks can take the facts gathered after the OIS and plug them into whatever narrative they want when they have days to judge, but from the officer's perspective, at that moment, the jury decided he was appropriate in using lethal force. Again, it is sad that a man who ultimately posed no threat (this only being known afterwards) got killed. However, our justice system (with ALL of the facts and evidence) cleared this officer in the OIS.

The video doesn't show the moment the officer shoots very well. It also doesn't show the suspect's movement to his waistband very well either. The fact the guy was unarmed isn't a factor at all. That was not a fact known by the officer(s) at the time and is not a factor in a justified OIS. Again, the law says for an officer to use lethal force there has to be reasonable belief that there is imminent loss of life to the officer, another officer, or the public. It does not say that in order to use lethal force the suspect has to be armed with a firearm. I have been through a police active shooter simulator and there are seconds to decide to shoot or not shoot. Monday morning quarterbacks can take the facts gathered after the OIS and plug them into whatever narrative they want when they have days to judge, but from the officer's perspective, at that moment, the jury decided he was appropriate in using lethal force. Again, it is sad that a man who ultimately posed no threat (this only being known afterwards) got killed. However, our justice system (with ALL of the facts and evidence) cleared this officer in the OIS.

I get all of that, and still cant justify it. The guy was in shorts so loose they were falling off. Ever tried to wasteband carry a pistol? Its impossible in clothes that loose.

The circus act is what i cant understand. Lay face down, arms out and send in a couple officers to handcuff him, problem solved. Putting several rounds into the top of his head from point blank seems wildly excessive.

I never heard the officer give him the command to un-cross his legs. It appeared to me like the poor bastard was trying to scoot down the hallway, with his hands straight up and his legs still crossed behind him. You'd have to be some circus performer to make that happen.

I don't know how you could possibly think that the line of commands, and expected actions as a result are reasonable for an average human to comprehend and carry out given the situation. I could see myself getting shot for the exact same reason as this guy. If GI Joe were bearing down on me with custom AR and expecting me to defy the laws of physics in the process, I'd have a breakdown too.

:lol2: he essentially made the guy shit himself and THEN he shot him

How does that have any relevance? If we can't make assumptions about people based on their appearance in every other aspect of the world, why is it suddenly different now that it is an Officer???? Plenty of departments allow for tattoos and his vest is a standard vest for lots of departments (often Sherifs Offices).

I don’t know what it is but sometimes I feel like I look into someones eyes I get a bad vibe immediately. This guy gives me that vibe. Couldn't care less for the tattoos

Equally devastating is that RobberBaron owns the same weaponry with a similarly questionable mindset as this child officer.

That is one of the most moronic things I have ever heard. :icon_thumleft: First of all, you ignored my response to your first post and second of all my opinions on this are based on the conclusion of our justice system. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts.