My new bike

Castor Troy

Im not huge into cycling, but had a old 2005 Giant Aero 2 I just rode for exercise. Last month the Texas Ironman was in my neighborhood and it inspired me to get a new bike. I picked up this 2010 Quintana Roo CD10 recently. The 2011 was black but i picked this one cause it was a cool Verde Ithaca type color, and they gave me $500 off cause it's the "old" model.

Anyway, just sharing. I like it. Not sure why it has two different wheels on it. I did not even notice till i got it home.

post-5221-1308992954_thumb.jpg

post-5221-1308993397_thumb.jpg

post-5221-1308992938_thumb.jpg

post-5221-1308993401_thumb.jpg

Guest Rob Burgundy

I know nothing about cycling but that it the strangest looking bike I think ive ever seen.

I know nothing about cycling but that it the strangest looking bike I think ive ever seen.

It's a time trial specific bike made for both races against the clock and triathlons.

Nice

• 1 month later...

I finished my bike project a couple weeks ago and have been trying it out on some of the local trails. The final weight was just under 25lbs. Unfortunately, I don't feel comfortable on the carbon frame and I want to switch back to aluminum.

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1447.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

I'll tell you this, you wont have one single problem selling that baby on eBay. Those things are going bananas right now. Looks like you are pretty tall like Jason, wonder if the size of the frame is more your issue. If you are a bigger guy, I would not have opted for the S Works Stumpjumper but would have gone for the S Works FSR line. It is built a little more stout. Really nice bike with a killer build though!

real men ride fat tires.

ive got 5 bikes..both fat and skinny tires...ill be at interbike/vegas in sept checking out and riding new stuff...I get bored easily.....

nice bike.

What do you do? Downhill?

Thats just a nice xc bike, nowhere near a DH setup.

I put slicks on my downhill bike and ride it to work on occasion, it's pretty fantastic! 4 piston disc brakes and ~8" of suspension travel make those potholes buttery smooth haha

nice bike.

What do you do? Downhill?

Thanks!

This is more of a cross country bike.

I'll tell you this, you wont have one single problem selling that baby on eBay. Those things are going bananas right now. Looks like you are pretty tall like Jason, wonder if the size of the frame is more your issue. If you are a bigger guy, I would not have opted for the S Works Stumpjumper but would have gone for the S Works FSR line. It is built a little more stout. Really nice bike with a killer build though!

Thanks!

The issue isn't geometry, its the thought and action of riding a carbon frame through rock gardens. It literally scares the shit out of me. I love carbon frames for road bikes but I just don't feel comfortable hitting jumps or riding aggressively on a carbon mountain frame.

ive got 5 bikes..both fat and skinny tires...ill be at interbike/vegas in sept checking out and riding new stuff...I get bored easily.....

See you there...