Average American Drinks 477 Cans Of Soda Per Year

Mako

I drink soda like it's going out of style. I will not touch diet soda, or diet anything for that matter. 1) I hate the after taste of aspertame 2) During my years as a tech for Xerox, one of my accounts was the company that manufactures sweet and low, and the inside of that place smelled like arsenic and was absolutely disgusting 3) there are loosely based claims that many artifical sweetners are linked to cancer.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get this though........what if SNOPES is lying all the time?!

What a great scam that would be. Everyone trusts snopes to prove all the stories are lies.

When in fact it is snopes that is lying, making all the original stories true.

Damn...

Snopes has been mistaken occassionally, and they are actually not a professional research organization, they are a husband-wife team. They have done a great service in busting a lot of myths, but the whole way in which they are regarded as the "final word" on so many things isn't right.

I stopped drinking soda about 5 months ago. I can't even go near it now.

Same here! :icon_thumleft: (although I stopped some years ago). You will find this will actually in general apply to all junk food. If you wipe it out of your diet entirely, you literally lose the appetite for it. When you exercise and workout, after a workout, if your body is used to sweets, you will probably crave them, but once wiped form your diet, after a workout, junk food and sweets are oftentimes the last thing you want.

On drinking milk, I have read very good things about consuming raw milk**, provided you get it from a reliable source to make sure the cow is not diseased or anything. You want a grass-fed cow (I think it is grass-fed). Pasteurization it is said destroys a lot of the enzymes in the milk taht are so beneficial. Raw milk used to be a lot more dangerous back when hygiene and cleanliness standards and so forth were far more lackluster, and pasteurization could destroy a lot of these diseases that ended up in the milk. But in modern times, you should be able to get safe raw milk.

**The health benefits of raw milk is a very controversial thing though, Google the subject and some say pasteurized is far safer and healthier, others say that is not true and raw milk is far healthier, and can do things like clear up all of your allergies and so forth, so make sure to research the subject before consuming raw milk!

The artificial sweetener in crystal light is linked to diabetes in the eyes of some doctors. I might consider investigating it further if diabetes is a real concern. Even worse, it is tied to some serious side effects for those that already have diabetes.

I don't drink a ton of crystal light but have noticed no side effects. My twin sis and dad both drink very little of it (diabetics) and neither have noticed anything (they have both been diabetic for well over a decade) but i'll definitely look into this. Thanks

I don't drink a ton of crystal light but have noticed no side effects. My twin sis and dad both drink very little of it (diabetics) and neither have noticed anything (they have both been diabetic for well over a decade) but i'll definitely look into this. Thanks

you would have to drink a lot of sweetener to have effects that change the chemistry of your cells.

The problem with these sweeteners is there is an addictive nature to them which has your body craving more over time.

The boys in the lab for these companies know this and the companies exploit this. Kind of like......cigarettes

I drink Diet Mt Dew like its going out of style. Not a huge coffee drinker so 1 or 2 of those a day at least. But I also drink Crystal Light at home all the time as well. Havent noticed any ill side effects to my type 1 diabetic ass....yet....

Snopes has been mistaken occassionally, and they are actually not a professional research organization, they are a husband-wife team. They have done a great service in busting a lot of myths, but the whole way in which they are regarded as the "final word" on so many things isn't right.

Yes they do make mistakes and they are not a professional organization but they are the final word because they spend more then 0.00000035 seconds thinking about something. The same can not be said about the average forum poster. Who typically doesn't even have time to use a spell check.

They also list sources for their information at the bottom.

I used to drink 2 liters of regular Pepsi a day, and that was 7 days a week.

I hate the taste of diet sodas, especially the after taste.

Recently stopped drinking Pepsi all together.

The trick is what to replace it with. Milk is my other go to drink and I have switched that from 2% to 1% to now skim milk.

Right now Im drinking mostly water and limiting my self to two glasses of milk or apple juice a day.

I love milk, especially i love milk and cereal. I could live on that 100% but I stopped all dairy. Someone said something to me that made sense. Basically, what does an adult human need with baby cow food? It really isn't designed to feed an adult.

I love milk, especially i love milk and cereal. I could live on that 100% but I stopped all dairy. Someone said something to me that made sense. Basically, what does an adult human need with baby cow food? It really isn't designed to feed an adult.

But by that logic, why drink alcohol? It is also not designed to "feed" an adult and in many cases is actually bad for you. It taste good or it makes people feel good, that's why we drink it. The same reasons, People drink milk, and eat Cereal and Milk, eat cheese, etc. We enjoy it. At least dairy provides things that are beneficial to the body.

But by that logic, why drink alcohol? It is also not designed to "feed" an adult and in many cases is actually bad for you. It taste good or it makes people feel good, that's why we drink it. The same reasons, People drink milk, and eat Cereal and Milk, eat cheese, etc. We enjoy it. At least dairy provides things that are beneficial to the body.

I do not know of any other species that drinks another's milk. It is quite odd to some and makes as much sense as a calf or newborn puppy sucking on your wife's breast for nutrition.

Actually you shouldn't really drink alcohol, but we do because of the reasons you stated. People don't drink milk for those reasons generally they drink milk/eat dairy as a food source.

So my logic is still sound. :thefinger:

:icon_mrgreen:

The latest research i've seen/read and based on allergies etc leads me to think maybe humans shouldn't have dairy and grains. To me it looks like our diet should consist of meat, fruit, and vegetables-ie the whole caveman thing.

I do not know of any other species that drinks another's milk. It is quite odd to some and makes as much sense as a calf or newborn puppy sucking on your wife's breast for nutrition.

You also dont know any other species that has been to the moon and back..........

Actually you shouldn't really drink alcohol, but we do because of the reasons you stated. People don't drink milk for those reasons generally they drink milk/eat dairy as a food source.

The latest research i've seen/read and based on allergies etc leads me to think maybe humans shouldn't have dairy and grains. To me it looks like our diet should consist of meat, fruit, and vegetables-ie the whole caveman thing.

Eliminate fruit and I'm with you on that. For thousands of years many of our ancestors lived in climates that were not conducive to growing fruit a majority of the year, and thus was never a stable of their diet.

I think i saw a movie like that once. No wait, that was a donkey and a woman, but there was sucking of some sort.

You also dont know any other species that has been to the moon and back..........

1000's of species have been. E-coli for one, Streptococcus of many kinds, Staph, etc as well as several plants.

Also though they haven't been to the moon, monkey's and dogs have been to outer space and back.

This might be the worst argument for consuming dairy I have ever read.

Ok, Ill give you that. I have heard the same thing about dairy and grains. Though I will not give up either, because I like them both, and both a large parts of my general diet.

I DRINK MILK BECAUSE I LIKE IT!! :icon_fU:

Ok, Ill give you that. I have heard the same thing about dairy and grains. Though I will not give up either, because I like them both, and both a large parts of my general diet.

I DRINK MILK BECAUSE I LIKE IT!! :icon_fU:

You should date this girl.

It is quite odd to some and makes as much sense as a calf or newborn puppy sucking on your wife's breast for nutrition.

In fairness to the calf or puppy, maybe they don't do that for nutrition. Maybe they just like sucking on women's breasts?

Yeah, but many species of animals use their own tongues as toilet paper, so I think I will pass on their advice about whether I should drink milk or not.

I drink milk because it tastes good, who gives a fcuk where it comes from?

Well you just made a great case for why an Average American Drinks 477 Cans of Soda Per Year... :eusa_wall: