Average American Drinks 477 Cans Of Soda Per Year

Mako

That's good to see all of you who stopped soda. I drink diet coke like it's going out of style. I should stop but i can't get a solid reason to yet.

One of the only memorable things Paris Hilton has said was that Diet Coke is for fat people. I don't think I've EVER seen a fit person drinking a Diet Coke.

That right there should be motivation enough to stop drinking it.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hate's a pretty strong word but now I dislike you too.

Haha! J/K!!

On a related note.....

COKE You'll never drink it again:

1. In many states (in the USA) the highway patrol carries two gallons of Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a car accident.

2. You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will be gone in two days.

3. To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the toilet bowl and .......Let the "real thing" sit for one hour, then flush clean. The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.

4. To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum foil dipped in Coca-Cola.

5. To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away the corrosion.

6. To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.

7. To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a load of greasy clothes, add detergent, And run through a regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains. It will also clean road haze from your windshield.

FYI:

1. The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its Ph is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.

2. To carry Coca-Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved for Highly corrosive materials.

3. The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the engines of their trucks for about 20 years!

Still Want To Drink Up?????????

http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/acid.asp

One of the only memorable things Paris Hilton has said was that Diet Coke is for fat people. I don't think I've EVER seen a fit person drinking a Diet Coke.

ironically i like the flavor of it more than regular coke, plus unlike regular coke it doesn't upset my stomach. Maybe i'll pick a time to quit drinking it. I don't drink coffee so it's kind of my pick me up.

Then I'll have LP to thank for curing my addiction and my son will no longer win prizes at school for collecting the most aluminum due to my addiction.

ironically i like the flavor of it more than regular coke, plus unlike regular coke it doesn't upset my stomach. Maybe i'll pick a time to quit drinking it. I don't drink coffee so it's kind of my pick me up.

Then I'll have LP to thank for curing my addiction and my son will no longer win prizes at school for collecting the most aluminum due to my addiction.

Diet soda makes me want to barf..........but so does regular

I drink Diet root beer, diet sunkist, and diet Dr Pepper. I limit it to one a day. Diet Mug Root Beer is amazing.

Water at 1 gallon a day is normal. I'm not drinking alcohol right now but love beer.

Diet soda makes me want to barf..........but so does regular

Diet coke is my hangover cure, other than that I don't touch the stuff.

I have never been a soda drinker. I could probably count the cans of soda I have drank in the past 20 years on one hand. 7.

yeah dislike myself,

You have a 7 fingered hand? J/K right back at you. :eusa_dance:

Soda is the devil! Once I stop drinking it, weight loss seems to be automatic. I don't trust diet sodas because I don't like the artificial sweeteners and, like all beer, they taste like shit! (Sorry beer drinkers, I can't stand the taste of beer...whiskey, bourbon, and rum I love, but beer & wine, just the smell and I want to vomit).

Do you also date a number of girls in the Niagra falls area?

That's usually directly related to how much wine I can get them to consume.

yeah dislike myself,

Ha ha!

That was done on purpose, I wanted to see who was paying attention.

yeah dislike myself,

You jealous? That's his fap hand. He poors niagra falls wine on it to get it drunk.

You jealous? That's his fap hand. He poors niagra falls wine on it to get it drunk.

I don't need to get her drunk.

Ole '7 Digit Suzie' never says no to me.

Define fit? Plenty of people with normal bodyfat who workout drink it.. I used to chug about 4-8 a day no problemo in college. The problem with coke is as Buffet will himself tell you - "you can drink as much as you want, you never get tired of taste no matter how much you drink in a row..that's why i invest in this company"

Additionally, diet coke makes your brain crave sugar because it is getting tricked thinking you are getting it when you are not. Hence people have the urge to eat sweets soon after. Besides those I am yet to see anything on why SPECIFICALLY it is bad for body fat levels - I suspect it is because artificial shit can't be good in your system, but I want to see research backing it up.

Which brings me to:

That's good to see all of you who stopped soda. I drink diet coke like it's going out of style. I should stop but i can't get a solid reason to yet.

I can give you a very poignant one. Drink 8 cans or more, then take a piss.

Define fit? Plenty of people with normal bodyfat who workout drink it.. I used to chug about 4-8 a day no problemo in college.

You don't count. I've never seen you.

You don't count. I've never seen you.

I am not talking about just myself - every other girl in college is drinking diet, are they all unfit? I know 2 guys who train MMA who drink it, like I said I don't know what you consider fit, and on the other hand can 2-3 cans a day KILL your body fat levels when you have proper diet and workout schedule? You are a smart guy you think that's the major issue??

I had higher bf levels than I do now when I drink it a lot less - may be Paris is on to something but I don't think it's the whole picture.

I drink water or crystal light. Maybe 1-2 sodas a month. Same with coffee. Not much alcohol and the only milk I drink is chocolate milk and it has to be fat free milk. With two diabetics in the house I got used to fat free and normal milk tastes like sugar to me now.

I drink water or crystal light. Maybe 1-2 sodas a month. Same with coffee. Not much alcohol and the only milk I drink is chocolate milk and it has to be fat free milk. With two diabetics in the house I got used to fat free and normal milk tastes like sugar to me now.

The artificial sweetener in crystal light is linked to diabetes in the eyes of some doctors. I might consider investigating it further if diabetes is a real concern. Even worse, it is tied to some serious side effects for those that already have diabetes.

I am not talking about just myself - every other girl in college is drinking diet, are they all unfit? I know 2 guys who train MMA who drink it, like I said I don't know what you consider fit, and on the other hand can 2-3 cans a day KILL your body fat levels when you have proper diet and workout schedule? You are a smart guy you think that's the major issue??

I had higher bf levels than I do now when I drink it a lot less - may be Paris is on to something but I don't think it's the whole picture.

Dude you are being way too literal and serious for this discussion. She made a comment about fat people drinking Diet Coke and from what I've seen in it pretty much holds true. I don't think Paris had done assays analyzing various titrations of Diet Coke into human adipose tissue. I think she made the comment because she saw fat people walking around with hamburgers in one hand and Diet Cokes in the other.

Porter, I believe she taste sampled enough semen to scientifically make this conclusion.

:lol2: :bj:

Dude you are being way too literal and serious for this discussion. She made a comment about fat people drinking Diet Coke and from what I've seen in it pretty much holds true. I don't think Paris had done assays analyzing various titrations of Diet Coke into human adipose tissue. I think she made the comment because she saw fat people walking around with hamburgers in one hand and Diet Cokes in the other.

One time I bring facts to the thread in my entire life and it's Hawaiian shirt day.. FML!

Well let's start up the webcams!