Tour De France 2011

topcabron

interesting fact, Hushvold could hold the three major jerseys by the end.

I used to work with his brother and his wife was my hairdresser when I lived in Norway. It's a small world.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!!!! The win account has been opened. My boy really worked for that one, I mean really worked for that one!

Picture_3.png

Cav did great! I am liking so far how Alberto is doing and his team, his hand picked team! ..and that Thor can keep in the mix and keep in Yellow for a while, the American teams are doing well so far this year..except Radioshack doesnt seem to be doing as well.....

Cav did great! I am liking so far how Alberto is doing and his team, his hand picked team! ..and that Thor can keep in the mix and keep in Yellow for a while, the American teams are doing well so far this year..except Radioshack doesnt seem to be doing as well.....

Actually RadioShack is doing very well and is setting the team for a three pronged attack when they go into the climbing next week. They have Kloden who is a super domestique who has the capabilities of a high finish. Horner and Leioheimer represent a duo that is unmatched if they play their climbs right. One will attack, then the other, and then the other. Most teams don't have three.

Actually RadioShack is doing very well and is setting the team for a three pronged attack when they go into the climbing next week. They have Kloden who is a super domestique who has the capabilities of a high finish. Horner and Leioheimer represent a duo that is unmatched if they play their climbs right. One will attack, then the other, and then the other. Most teams don't have three.

Well, there goes that......Leipheimer tumbled with Horner (literally) down the GC and Kloden has the full support of the team.

Wiggens is out and so goes Sky's chances at the yellow.

Most crashes that have taken out the contenders in a long time. Seems the wide open nature of the tour has made everyone jittery.

Contador's minute loss seems like nothing now. Schleck will be in yellow soon, but he wont hold it. Cadel is looking good to ease into yellow by default, not from any aggressive riding.

Well, there goes that......Leipheimer tumbled with Horner (literally) down the GC and Kloden has the full support of the team.

Wiggens is out and so goes Sky's chances at the yellow.

Most crashes that have taken out the contenders in a long time. Seems the wide open nature of the tour has made everyone jittery.

Contador's minute loss seems like nothing now. Schleck will be in yellow soon, but he wont hold it. Cadel is looking good to ease into yellow by default, not from any aggressive riding.

I don't pray at the alter of Cadel, but to say he hasn't done any aggressive riding seems a little off. He couldn't have won the stage without being as uber aggressive as he was. Did the same in Tirreno. That was always my biggest complaint with him, he has been far more aggressive this year than any other. He also didn't ride like a pussy as the World Champ, although it was certainly his most lackluster year as a tour rider...

I don't pray at the alter of Cadel, but to say he hasn't done any aggressive riding seems a little off. He couldn't have won the stage without being as uber aggressive as he was. Did the same in Tirreno. That was always my biggest complaint with him, he has been far more aggressive this year than any other. He also didn't ride like a pussy as the World Champ, although it was certainly his most lackluster year as a tour rider...

he isn't in yellow yet.

today was the best example of how Cadel rides. Vino was super aggressive and wanted to make something of the race. He was riding for the yellow, missed, but almost succeeded. Gilbert was riding for the win and missed only by seconds. Cadel was following wheels like the great Chalie Mottet who wheeled sucked to the end. BMC worked so hard for their leader to do what? Follow wheels at the end? Thats exactly what he did. When Gilbert went up the road, he looked over at AC, AS, et al. He wants the yellow by default, not because he is riding into it.

I cant remember seeing so many GC riders so close to the yellow so early. Tomorrow is going to be real good. May not have any high climbs but the day before a rest day, and all the little heavy climbs will take their toll. Unfortunately, the finish is long from the last climb. I think a breakaway will stick for the first time this race.

today was the best example of how Cadel rides. Vino was super aggressive and wanted to make something of the race. He was riding for the yellow, missed, but almost succeeded. Gilbert was riding for the win and missed only by seconds. Cadel was following wheels like the great Chalie Mottet who wheeled sucked to the end. BMC worked so hard for their leader to do what? Follow wheels at the end? Thats exactly what he did. When Gilbert went up the road, he looked over at AC, AS, et al. He wants the yellow by default, not because he is riding into it.

I cant remember seeing so many GC riders so close to the yellow so early. Tomorrow is going to be real good. May not have any high climbs but the day before a rest day, and all the little heavy climbs will take their toll. Unfortunately, the finish is long from the last climb. I think a breakaway will stick for the first time this race.

It stuck today. Only one guy made it, but it stuck. Had Tejay not ridden as aggressively as he did, he would have made it with him. As for Cadel, they did exactly what they needed to. They kept their guy out of the crashes by riding the front just like Disco did back in the day with Lance. He rode wheels up the climb and in the final 500 meters he went for it. He just didn't have the acceleration as the climb was pretty much done to get rid of Hushold. I think Cadel's lack of aggression is more like Hushovld's ability to not get dropped. That is what I find most amazing. But I just can't give Cadel shit like I could in past years as, if you watch the last couple of K's, he was as aggressive as anyone with absolutely zero need to be. I would be more critical of the other favorites like Contador, the Schlecks et al that didn't attack more.

Cadel is in the driver's seat, at this particular point it is his race to lose. Will he win, I don't know, but he has shown in the past that he can do it and this has been his best first 1/3 of the Tour ever. No crashes and no deficit to make up. I have to imagine that he is making the best decisions he can based on what he has to offer. He is not in a position to have to be aggressive, so I cannot blame him for not being so. When he let Sastre go a few years ago, that is when I was critical of him. That said, he was the only one doing any work that day too. Everyone sitting on his wheel as he pulled up the mountain with an almost broken shoulder. He's got guts, he just comes across as such a pussy that you can't forget it.

It stuck today. Only one guy made it, but it stuck. Had Tejay not ridden as aggressively as he did, he would have made it with him. As for Cadel, they did exactly what they needed to. They kept their guy out of the crashes by riding the front just like Disco did back in the day with Lance. He rode wheels up the climb and in the final 500 meters he went for it. He just didn't have the acceleration as the climb was pretty much done to get rid of Hushold. I think Cadel's lack of aggression is more like Hushovld's ability to not get dropped. That is what I find most amazing. But I just can't give Cadel shit like I could in past years as, if you watch the last couple of K's, he was as aggressive as anyone with absolutely zero need to be. I would be more critical of the other favorites like Contador, the Schlecks et al that didn't attack more.

Cadel is in the driver's seat, at this particular point it is his race to lose. Will he win, I don't know, but he has shown in the past that he can do it and this has been his best first 1/3 of the Tour ever. No crashes and no deficit to make up. I have to imagine that he is making the best decisions he can based on what he has to offer. He is not in a position to have to be aggressive, so I cannot blame him for not being so. When he let Sastre go a few years ago, that is when I was critical of him. That said, he was the only one doing any work that day too. Everyone sitting on his wheel as he pulled up the mountain with an almost broken shoulder. He's got guts, he just comes across as such a pussy that you can't forget it.

I think of BMC and Cadel's efforts today as a big failure. The team did so much work and ended up with nothing. BMC did a lot of work. That energy is what they will need when they get to the high mountains. I saw today as Cadel's only shot to get the yellow. If does not get it tomorrow, after the rest day its game over and the Schlecks will take control for a while. Leopard trek at this time has by far the best team.

I think it would have made a big statement if Cadel would have attacked even if it was only in the last few hundred meters. I think AC tried to attack but just didn't have enough gas to go through with it. AS & FS were just content to hold AC's wheel, and why not, they have over a minute on him, but I think they will need more time before the time trial comes up, even though Andy did quite well last year. I dont know what they are waiting for, sort of like last year, they seemed to wait and wait, and ran out of chances, and then disaster hit at the wrong moment but the chances to make it up were gone. This is the first time, in the last couple of years, that AC looks somewhat vulnerable and no one seems to want to push the issue for some reason. Cadel seems to be strong enough to do it, but hasn't for some reason. At this point, and I know its a fantasy, I'd like to see Thor keep pace and surprise the hell out of the climbers and stay in yellow all the way to Paris, since, with the exception of those aggressive riders looking for stage wins (and Vino of course) he seems to be the only one riding balls out above, what many may consider, his normal strengths. Its also the first year in a long time where there seems to be more than one team at the forefront kicking ass, and its fun to watch. Just a really great tour so far this year...very enjoyable to watch!

who ever wins will be the one who doesn't crash out.

Vino, VDB, Zabriske, Kloden, Evans.......................fcuk, I hate this tour. Its been brutal!

post-9296-1310303565.png

post-9296-1310303602.png

beautiful ride from Voekler.

Looks like we will have a Frenchman riding in yellow on Bastille Day. I think the last time was also with Voekler. I would not underestimate the power of the yellow jersey. With the GC riders minutes down, there is going to be plenty of action in then ugh mountains.

Riders, roads and cars, no escaping the casualties.

Dang, what a stage! Can't believe the crashes this year and a broken femur for Vino...unreal. I was surprised that when AC got tangled up with the Russian rider and crashed that none of his teammates came back to help him reach the peleton again?

Great ride for Voekler!

Finishing 35 km after this is damn impressive!

Can you imagine flying through the air and hitting this? Yeah, and then to go through the finish knowing if he did not hit the deck he would contest the stage win. Totally unlucky. In a break of only 5 guys, stuff like is not supposed to happen.

post-9296-1310326441.jpg

for those that missed it all today

vino crash

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/2548

Contador crash

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/2548

And Hoogerland

http://www.cyclingfans.com/node/2556

In regards to Vinokourov, this is not the last we will see of him. My guess is he will get a huge cash incentive for London for 2012 by Kazakhstan. I would hate for such an icon rider to go out this way. Not only is he one of my favorite riders, but he is a friend. His crash was heart breaking considering how hard he has worked.