Tour De France 2011

topcabron

Just sad, Hoogerland is a great guy. Glad to see Gesink doing better. Schleck brothers are lucky so far...

he definitely animates the race. My guess is he will have the polka dot jersey for two days at the most.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i ride 130 or so miles a week on my mountainbike and don't get those lumps. In all seriousness, what are they?

the guy just got dragged over barbed wire.

couldn't it be contusions from that?

Or, drugs.

the guy just got dragged over barbed wire.

couldn't it be contusions from that?

Or, drugs.

Guy went through a meat grinder. He is truly lucky to be alive. Had that barbed wire hit his neck he would have been done. I have for years had problems with the various parts of the motorcade. The TV motorcycles have gotten increasingly closer and closer to the riders in hopes of more dramatic shots. Then two days ago they drag a guy off his bike and drag the bike for over 200 meters down the road. Then today with the car. It is just too much to handle. They robbed two guys that certainly would have been in there to contest the win and I would not have been surprised if Flecha would have won.

This is a great race, but looks like it will be one of attrition. I very much hope that when we hit the mountains we see the crashes take a hiatus.

As the peloton becomes more competitive for sponsors and success, so to does the caravan.

Todays news: Contador feeling pain in his knee. Media ploy or real news? hmmmmmmm.

As the peloton becomes more competitive for sponsors and success, so to does the caravan.

Todays news: Contador feeling pain in his knee. Media ploy or real news? hmmmmmmm.

I personally think he is already picking the reason for pulling out of the Tour. He has hit the deck about twenty times though and the fall on his ass yesterday looked pretty blunt force trauma. He is looking for a way out though. I think he is mentally fried and he is really feeling the effects of the Giro. He doesn't look nearly as crisp as he usually does.

I personally think he is already picking the reason for pulling out of the Tour. He has hit the deck about twenty times though and the fall on his ass yesterday looked pretty blunt force trauma. He is looking for a way out though. I think he is mentally fried and he is really feeling the effects of the Giro. He doesn't look nearly as crisp as he usually does.

could be.

I'd love to see him pull out but I think this bruised knee thing is a mental game towards the other guys. He will crank it up in the mountains.

I'd love to see him pull out but I think this bruised knee thing is a mental game towards the other guys. He will crank it up in the mountains.

don't want to see him leave. There has to be a good antagonist with an equal protagonist. Lemond v. Hinault, Pantani v. Armstrong, Ulrich v. Armstrong. You know, good v. evil.

I hope AC doesn't pull out. He's definitely not in top form and it does look like the Giro + the falls have taken their toll, but he's always seemed to be really tough and I hope he decides to continue. I don't know if he can win it this year, based on how he's looked so far, but his presence always makes the race exciting. I was really surprised to see that his team did not come back for him on that fall yesterday...is there some possible friction there, or something that isn't much of a big deal? AC's struggles this Tour seem to be about like Armstrongs last Tour as far as crashes go.

I hope AC doesn't pull out. He's definitely not in top form and it does look like the Giro + the falls have taken their toll, but he's always seemed to be really tough and I hope he decides to continue. I don't know if he can win it this year, based on how he's looked so far, but his presence always makes the race exciting. I was really surprised to see that his team did not come back for him on that fall yesterday...is there some possible friction there, or something that isn't much of a big deal? AC's struggles this Tour seem to be about like Armstrongs last Tour as far as crashes go.

AC is playing possum.

Anybody recall Ulrich and Armstrong and the"look'?

Hes fine.

His whole team is built around GC. I don't think there is any friction. He's all they have.

AC is playing possum.

Anybody recall Ulrich and Armstrong and the"look'?

Hes fine.

His whole team is built around GC. I don't think there is any friction. He's all they have.

agree.

Hoogerland had doping controls today. Guess they saw those lumps on his ass too.

Controls are normal

Was he caught? I don't see any reports of a positive

Controls are normal

Was he caught? I don't see any reports of a positive

yes, I know controls are normal. They were done this morning, doubt results would be back that soon?

The whole Vaconsoliel team was tested. I doubt the vampires targeted Hoogerland based on the photo of his ass. He is in Polka dot and each of the jersey wearers get tested daily. Thats the deal.

Knee all better

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-s...-feeling-better

Gilbert is so fcuking strong. Would have been nice to see him win with Voekler but Greipel winning was good too. Not a big fan of Cav.

I look for much of the same with the exception of any GC teams doing too much work at the front. He we go, into the high mountains day after tomorrow and the teams will be formulating their plans.

I see AC taking it to the Schleck brothers on the first climb. A tester to see what they are made of. Plenty of time to recover on to the final climb. Cadel will be dropped. These are not his type of climbs.

Im pissed! I asked my secretary to move my appointments back to later in the morning...now I may have to wait for the replay... :icon_axe:

use cycling news app and get the stream over the phone

Lots of great riding from the unexpected.

Basso had a fantastic ride along with Voekler. if Voekler keeps this up, he could see a few more days in yellow. Basso......wow. Tomorrow's climbing has a bit too much road after to be dangerous on the GC contenders, so I don't think it will have an impact on those guys. I predict a small group will arrive at the finish that will boost who ever is in there.

Contador did too much work to chase Frank, and then didn't have it in the last Kilometer. Perfect team execution on the rival. Contador is looking fragile, but I don't think he is down yet.

Cadel, again, although chased, is not riding into the yellow like Frank did today. He took the lead, but did not close the gap, and did not attack.

Another great ride from Gilbert. 12th over all so far. If this guy doesn't get the green, it will be a shame. He can scrapwith the sprinters and climb with the climbers.

WTF is going on with crashing still? RadioShack.....KO'ed. Gesink? Same. HTC, no more GC.