Tour De France 2011

topcabron

At least Andy can probably take solace in the fact that he will probably win the 2010 TdF in a couple of weeks. :lol:

I am leery of a ruling against AC at this point.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what you are talking about

Izod has a commercial with a Weezer song that Versus (the channel I am watching the Tour on) plays over and over and over and over again...for the last three weeks...over and over and over... :icon_oak:

Great ITT by Cadel but I was disapointed by the Schlecks' times. I thought they had improved in their TT skills and its a pretty tough way to lose a race. Not saying that Cadel did not deserve the win as he and his team rode out their plan (it seems) perfectly and he rode balls out every stage whether he attacked or not and so he absolutely deserves the win...I just don't particularly care for the ITT aspect of the race.

Overall though, what a great tour! Very exciting up the last second and nice to see so many people vying for the win. Well worth getting up extra early for the last three weeks!

I think both Evans and Andy would have been deserved winners in this year's tour, but Evans is more of an all-rounder and good for him he finally won this. Andy will have many more chances in the years to come.

I think both Evans and Andy would have been deserved winners in this year's tour, but Evans is more of an all-rounder and good for him he finally won this. Andy will have many more chances in the years to come.

now Im more depressed.

Is anybody else tired of the interviews with either Schleck and their unnatural adoration with each other? Their love affair is nice, but I think its affecting their sporting ability.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I know my Khazak buddy all too well

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vinokourov...race-on-in-2012

racing for 2012

did you know he bought a win last year? I like the guy too, just posting the article

Hacked emails from Vino's account

The emails between Alexandr Kolobnev and Alexander Vinokourov following the 2010 Liege-Bastogne-Liege have been published in the Swiss magazine L'Illustre.

The Swiss magazine claims that Vinokourov paid Kolobnev 100,000 Euros to allow him to win the race. The duo were alone in an attack at the finish, and Kolobnev did not sprint.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/emails-bet...obnev-published

I read the same article.

It would take a little more to surprise me. Although this is only an accusation. I can believe it to be true. Paying for the win against one person is possible, but not paying the whole peloton.

• 5 weeks later...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

do I know him or what.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vinokourov...ume-in-lombardy

is this his farewell season? or not? ;)

Kazakh to end career after London 2012 Olympics

Alexandre Vinokourov (Astana) has continued to deny the accusation that he bribed Alexandr Kolobnev in the finale of the 2010 edition of Liège-Bastogne-Liège, claiming that he is the victim of “jealousy.”

In December, Swiss magazine L’Illustre published an email exchange between Vinokourov and Kolobnev, which suggested that the Kazakh had paid out €100,000 to win La Doyenne. It was Vinokourov’s first major win after his return from a two-year suspension for blood doping.

“My lawyers are working,” Vinokourov told rmc.fr. “I know who made this accusation, but I won’t say who. There’s always jealousy in the peloton. With the internet, this kind of thing circulates very quickly. I repeat: I did nothing.”

Vinokourov also insisted that 2012 will be his final season as a professional rider, with the Tour de France and the London Olympics set to bring the curtain down on his controversial career.

“It’s sure, this is my last season, or rather, my last half-season,” he said. “At the most, I will go as far as the Olympic Games.”

Although Vinokourov claimed that his place in the Kazakh delegation for London is not guaranteed, the veteran is looking to perform strongly in the time trial.

“There are only two places for my country, although I’m still in the top 15 of the UCI standings. I think I’m on the list, but we’ll see,” he said. “If I ride the Tour de France, I can follow on a week later with the Olympics if I have the form. It’s the time trial I’m interested in. For the road, it’ll be more difficult.”

Vinokourov had been set to hang up his wheels after the 2011 Tour de France, but a crash on stage 9 – as well as an alleged power struggle behind the scenes at Astana – prompted a swift rethink. After recovering from a fractured femur, he returned to action at the Chrono des Herbiers at the end of the season.

“I didn’t want to stop with a crash,” he said. “I did the Chrono des Herbiers in October, even if it was a bit hard.”

Vinokourov begins his season at the Tour de Langkawi on March 4, and then opens his European campaign at the Volta a Catalunya. Before beginning competitive action on the road, however, he faces the first contest of his nascent political career.

The 38-year-old is among the listed candidates for the ruling Nur Otan party in the Kazakh general elections, which take place on January 15, but suggested that he will not take up a seat in parliament until his racing days are over.

“The elections are on January 15, so it seems difficult for me this time, I have to be with Astana,” he said. “Doing both seems complicated, but after the end of my career, I’ll make my choices.”

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vinokourov...bery-accusation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
Okay, okay.....lets see. I know him(yes, personally), and I also know how important the Olympics are to him and his country. He is super nationalistic, and in some ways, the Olympic medal for Kazahkstan is more important than the yellow jersey.

I think the draw of gold will out weigh his "plan" to retire.

I saw the future fuckers. Listen to me, cause I know

That's freakin' awesome....Nice call. Will never doubt you again. #props

• 4 weeks later...

Finally, some justice in the sport has been served. I guess this means that LeMonde is still the only American to win the Tour.

Wow, I knew things were getting serious but wasn't expecting that so quickly. I can only assume the evidence must have been getting too overwhelming to fight? Articles i"m reading are suggesting they had up to 10 ex-teammates willing to testify.

Big day for the sport, not to mention the people who looked up to Lance as a cancer survivor. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.