Frustrating E-Gear Problem

JohnLP560

I have a 07 Gallardo, currently with 12k miles on it. I bought the car with 6k miles on it and within 1 hour of driving the car when I had just bought it, the car blew a e-gear hose and oil sprayed everywhere in the engine area.

I had a Lamborghini tech replace the hose and fix the car.

8 Months later the car blows the SAME e-gear line. Car gets towed to my friends shop. He replaced the line but bled the e-gear system manually without the Lara computer since he didn't have it.

On the day I picked the car up, the car felt fine. I parked it and when I got into the car, I noticed that the egear pump didn't prime. When I put the key in the ignition, gears 1-6 were flashing. I guess that means its low pressure.

I let the car sit for 5 minutes and try it again, and it works. I was able to put the car in neutral and row through the gears again.

Car works for a week and then today at a stop light, I was in neutral. Light turns green, I go to put it in first and its flashing N and 1.

Luckily someone helped me push the car off to the side so it wasn't blocking traffic.

Wait 5 minutes and now it works again. Any idea what could be the problem. My friend said when he bled the lines, he made sure the fluid had no air pockets.

The e-gear fluid level seems to be fine too. I just had my e-gear pump replaced about a thousand miles ago.

Please help!!!

Did you replace the E-gear relay when you replaced the pump?. It sounds like the relay is acting up. (The relay is what causes the electric motor on the pump to fail)

Did you replace the E-gear relay when you replaced the pump?. It sounds like the relay is acting up. (The relay is what causes the electric motor on the pump to fail)

Not sure what if they replaced the relay or not. Is it easy to do?

Not sure what if they replaced the relay or not. Is it easy to do?

To get to it is the tough part. The diagrams that you see does not reflect the correct placement. You need to remove the panel behind the seats. The relay is not with all the others it is kind of in a hole towards the rear wheel well. I can explain it better if you give me a call. 9 1 8 333 8 7 09

Juri Gelovani at 713-632-4969 can supply you with an upgraded relay. Has different alloys in it. Goes for about $55 plus shipping.

since its sits for 5 minutes and its fine, it is a 99% chance it is heat related, either the relay is getting hot (which they can) and failing....or the fluid is getting to warm and not working properly....FWIW this is my internet diag.

To get to it is the tough part. The diagrams that you see does not reflect the correct placement. You need to remove the panel behind the seats. The relay is not with all the others it is kind of in a hole towards the rear wheel well. I can explain it better if you give me a call. 9 1 8 333 8 7 09

Juri Gelovani at 713-632-4969 can supply you with an upgraded relay. Has different alloys in it. Goes for about $55 plus shipping.

Ok so this problem happened again today. I was at a stop light and I put the car in neutral and I could not get it back into gear. Had the flashing "RN" lights.

When I got into the car after it was parked, I never heard the e-gear pump prime and I had a feeling this would happen again.

I let the car sit for a couple of minutes, and tried opening the drivers door to make the e-gear pump prime. I heard some kind of "electrical tick"

I went into the foot well area and removed the main egear relay to take a look at it. It looks like a "Tyco Relay" The Part # is Tyco V23134-b57-X203

When I typed it into eBay, I found this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-PUMP-REL...sQ5fAccessories

Anyways I let the car sit some more, put the relay back in and it works. Got it back home safely.

Sounds like to me it is the relay more then anything. Pump seems fine and not an actuator problem. I will keep you guys updated.

Ok so this problem happened again today. I was at a stop light and I put the car in neutral and I could not get it back into gear. Had the flashing "RN" lights.

When I got into the car after it was parked, I never heard the e-gear pump prime and I had a feeling this would happen again.

I let the car sit for a couple of minutes, and tried opening the drivers door to make the e-gear pump prime. I heard some kind of "electrical tick"

I went into the foot well area and removed the main egear relay to take a look at it. It looks like a "Tyco Relay" The Part # is Tyco V23134-b57-X203

When I typed it into eBay, I found this. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-PUMP-REL...sQ5fAccessories

Anyways I let the car sit some more, put the relay back in and it works. Got it back home safely.

Sounds like to me it is the relay more then anything. Pump seems fine and not an actuator problem. I will keep you guys updated.

That is indeed Juri's ebay listing for the upgraded relay. If you call him direct he will give you a price break.

The big problem with the lines is when a tech tightens them down the tweak the line a little. This cause the line to bend and have a weak spot. Then you blow.

If the pump was replaced new then you should be ok. IF with a used pump you may have the same problem. Always replace the relay as it is not to expense and you are saving yourself a headache down the road.

If he bleed the system right with out the Lara software you should be fine as well. i have done this several times and have help others on the forum with the bleed process.

May I should open up a tech line with a paypal account, hum?

If he bleed the system right with out the Lara software you should be fine as well. i have done this several times and have help others on the forum with the bleed process.

May I should open up a tech line with a paypal account, hum?

LOL

Update: I just installed my new e-gear relay today, hoping that it would fix the problem. Unfortunately it didn't :(

Now I think it's the e-gear pump. I am having it tested tomorrow. I will keep you guys updated.

LOL

Update: I just installed my new e-gear relay today, hoping that it would fix the problem. Unfortunately it didn't :(

Now I think it's the e-gear pump. I am having it tested tomorrow. I will keep you guys updated.

Keep in mind that you can just replace the electric motor, no need for the valve body.

Keep in mind that you can just replace the electric motor, no need for the valve body.

Yes, thank you for giving me Juri's number. I will be getting the motor off of him.