H1 project - HUMSAUCE

donnie

Ok so I sold the H1 Alpha over a year and a half ago and pretty much been crying inside since. Anyone whos owned an H1 will tell you they are very different to everything else. They are special.

While I had the Alpha I often thought about Mods but never felt comfortable doing much cause, well, its an Alpha and I didnt want to fcuk with it. I did put on Whip antennas and a couple things but nothing much.

Ive now bought a standard H1 - I test drove a 96 I think it was prior to buying the Alpha and found it slooooooooooooooooooow. This one however is a 99 and im not sure if that has anything to do with it or the 96 had problems but this one has a little more omph. Its still slow but not quite milk float slow.

Now since its not an alpha I feel I can fcuk with it. Performance mods first - then a custom slant back rack with metal side panels - im going to do skid plates covering the hubs. Update the interior with leather this and that - Then Matte Black the whole thing.

Matte black wont look played out on this I`m pretty sure. Expect sauce level of awesome.

Heres what it looks like now....

IMG_00000075.jpg

Heres my old Alpha - wont get the performance to its level but I can get part way there with a Predator Stage 4. Maybe some other bits and pieces.

_DSC9974-1.jpg

Hardly tell them apart.

What are you looking at for performance mods? The GM 6.5 diesel is a bit of a mess and nothing like modifying the duramax your alpha had.

I'm surprised you were afraid to mod the alpha, it's still a hummer and not really a collector car.

What are you looking at for performance mods? The GM 6.5 diesel is a bit of a mess and nothing like modifying the duramax your alpha had.

I'm surprised you were afraid to mod the alpha, it's still a hummer and not really a collector car.

The Alpha was mint condition - I didnt want to paint a perfect car. Now I dont have that worry. Also Ive always felt the Alpha is fairly rare and I did feel a little bad fcuking with it.

I`m not swapping the engine cause I`m not modding this for crazy speed - just to get it driving like a normal vehicle which will be good enough for me.

Alphas sell for way more than the other H1s. I wouldn't have wanted to modify that one too much either. I'll be very interested to see how you like the Stage 4 kit. I'm pretty sure an H1 is the next thing i'm going to get but I want a wagon. I was actually looking at the hummer network allllllllllllllllll day today lol.

Alphas sell for way more than the other H1s. I wouldn't have wanted to modify that one too much either. I'll be very interested to see how you like the Stage 4 kit. I'm pretty sure an H1 is the next thing i'm going to get but I want a wagon. I was actually looking at the hummer network allllllllllllllllll day today lol.

Have you had one before? They are truly fantastic...you will not regret it.

You are my hero for going with the slant back on it!!!! I am kind of surprised that there are no renderings in this thread considering you are our resident Photoshop PhD.

Killing me with the winsauce but we went over that in the SLR thread. haha. Can't wait to see how everything turns out.

I have an Alpha.... It is by far my favorite motorized vehicle. I wouldn't sell it for anything.

Lots of lights, Predator, snorkel, fender flares, etc. I love it.

I have an Alpha.... It is by far my favorite motorized vehicle. I wouldn't sell it for anything.

Lots of lights, Predator, snorkel, fender flares, etc. I love it.

Please please please start an H1 picture thread.

Have you had one before? They are truly fantastic...you will not regret it.

I havent but Ive always admired them. I love rare stuff! I had an 05 F350 a few years back that was lifted and modified but I found myself never using the bed so I think an SUV would suit me better and it doesnt get any cooler than an H1 in that arena. I went to look at a 98 Wagon the other night that I saw online but it ended up being in storage somewhere and since im not going to buy right now I didnt ask them to bring it over but Im going to keep looking. Id just want to do the stage 4 predator kit, lift and run some 40-42"s and thats it. Cant wait to see how this turns out!

Whiteout (Nick) on here had a sweet open top 98 that was matte black

Is that an LED light bar? Must light up the front of your h1 like the surface of the sun! I'm ready to hunt T Rex in Madagascar or whatever you do with that bad boy.

here's a few pics of my '06 alpha

IMG_1801.jpg

IMG_1800-1.jpg

Very Nice... what headlights are they?

And are the strip LED lights a good option?

I think whiteout mentioned very high maintenance cost with his old H1. I love these trucks would be fun to own someday. Would be great to hear from others about experiences owning these.