2012 BMW M5 twin turbo driven hard. Video

Robster Craws

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it.

This for me, and an X5M for the wife with 2 Lambos in the garage=Bliss.

This will be a 700-750hp car with filters/bigger intercoolers/tune/exhaust/dp's

Very impressive cars but something about the interior and cockpits in BMWs has never appealed to me. Cool vid! Get one Rob!!

Very impressive cars but something about the interior and cockpits in BMWs has never appealed to me. Cool vid! Get one Rob!!

Have you driven the new ones? They are very nice IMO. The tech they have is ahead of the competition too IMO.

Have you driven the new ones? They are very nice IMO. The tech they have is ahead of the competition too IMO.

I have not but i'm sure the tech is incredible. I just meant visually and aesthetically BMW interiors have never really appealed to me. Cant argue with the performance. A late model M5 is an awesome deal these days it seems!

I have not but i'm sure the tech is incredible. I just meant visually and aesthetically BMW interiors have never really appealed to me. Cant argue with the performance. A late model M5 is an awesome deal these days it seems!

I thought the same thing until I bought my first BMW 10 years ago. Now on my second.

I drove a new 535i and the new Nav/Tech is incredible.

I thought the same thing until I bought my first BMW 10 years ago. Now on my second.

I drove a new 535i and the new Nav/Tech is incredible.

I could not STAND the 535's auto transmission though! It had "paddles" and everything was the opposite of what I expected. It was a decent car but really frustrated me. I pulled on the left paddle expecting a downshift and quickly realized that it upshifts. It had +/- on either side. Not good.

The E39 M5 is still my favorite. The E60 was too over-the-top and not the refined and understated car like the E39. The whole idea behind the M cars was something for enthusiasts to drive without being too ostentatious. I do like the looks of the new M5, though. Much better than the E60.

I had an '02 M-5 brand new, back in the day. Hard to believe that its been almost 10 years. That M-5 was my 1st real car and I loved it. 6-speed, 400HP. It was and still ranks as one of my best DD's I've ever had right along side with my S63 which I've had now for 3 years. I wanted to get into something new but there isn't anything out there that looks, drives, sounds and/or feels as good as this S63 has been for me. I even looked at the new S63 with the TT and its basically the same car I have now with 20 more HP and $20k added onto the sticker price depending what you get on it..............

Then I saw this M5 and it has sparked my interest, but again.........looks like they failed in the styling dept. Same looking M5 as the original 500HP version when they first came out. Sound from the video doesn't compare to the sound out of my AMG.

On the plus side I do like the interior and have always like the BMW interiors. From the original M5 I had years ago to the 745 and 750's I had for a while, but what really has me interested is the performance features. BMW always seems to have these added into their cars ahead of time when you buy them vs MB AMG makes you add them as an option and pay extra. This transmission on the new M5 seems to be incredible and so does the TT in it which makes it so easy to get another 100 or so HP out of the car without having to spend 10's of thousands of dollars. For a car that is going to be in the 100k price range, thats hard to beat.

I may have to drive one and see for myself.

I had an '02 M-5 brand new, back in the day. Hard to believe that its been almost 10 years. That M-5 was my 1st real car and I loved it. 6-speed, 400HP. It was and still ranks as one of my best DD's I've ever had right along side with my S63 which I've had now for 3 years. I wanted to get into something new but there isn't anything out there that looks, drives, sounds and/or feels as good as this S63 has been for me. I even looked at the new S63 with the TT and its basically the same car I have now with 20 more HP and $20k added onto the sticker price depending what you get on it..............

Then I saw this M5 and it has sparked my interest, but again.........looks like they failed in the styling dept. Same looking M5 as the original 500HP version when they first came out. Sound from the video doesn't compare to the sound out of my AMG.

On the plus side I do like the interior and have always like the BMW interiors. From the original M5 I had years ago to the 745 and 750's I had for a while, but what really has me interested is the performance features. BMW always seems to have these added into their cars ahead of time when you buy them vs MB AMG makes you add them as an option and pay extra. This transmission on the new M5 seems to be incredible and so does the TT in it which makes it so easy to get another 100 or so HP out of the car without having to spend 10's of thousands of dollars. For a car that is going to be in the 100k price range, thats hard to beat.

I may have to drive one and see for myself.

The S63 with the 6.2L V8's sound AMAZING. And they are so nice inside and out. I would say miles ahead of anything from BMW.

The S63 with the 6.2L V8's sound AMAZING. And they are so nice inside and out. I would say miles ahead of anything from BMW.

I know, its hard to beat. I have not done one thing to that car except add wheels and tires. Everything else is stock.

I am hardcore bmw fan but this sounds very dull and uninspiring, also does not rev like they used to. Turbos just kill the sound alltogether.

I am sure it is super fast and efficient, and fun too...

But I just see more passion in last n/a versions.

I am hardcore bmw fan but this sounds very dull and uninspiring,

funny...when i went to see the preview of the new M5 Concept..it sounded ALOT louder than the one in the vid..i know its a coldstart and its indoors..but still..it sounded like a Lambo with aftermarket exhaust..shame it didn't sound the same in the vid..and i am guessing when the production cars arrive..it'll probably sound like the one in the vid instead of the Concept i saw/heard.

247689_10150628943875173_673530172_18850820_3362660_n.jpg

246794_10150628942575173_673530172_18850811_7152101_n.jpg

This car is going to be very fast..but like what slowpoke say..the Audi RS6 is probably going to kill it..

the old V10 M5 sounds very good at highrevs and is one of the best sedan ever made..lets see about this new m5..

PS: the brakes are HUGE!!

Everything I say will be opposite of what anyone else says because I need the attention. But my opinion doesn't count for shit and what I think holds less weight with all of the board members here then a down syndrome monkey. I enjoy gay cars, knock off watches and have a man crush on Keith.

Excellent post.

570 if I recall correctly.

The M5 has 561hp IIRC.

I think the RS6 and m5 will be a neck

Not the new one :icon_thumleft:

9hp difference, same type of transmission, and similar weight. Am I missing something?