Range Rover Evoque

Robster Craws

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Going to the Newport intro next Friday, intend to buy a 5-door this year for my wife as it's perfect for her suburban run-around needs.

Definitely not for the boys, way too small and feminine looking, even by Range Rover brass' own admission. It's not much bigger than the size of those mini-SUV "crossover" models from Audi/BMW etc.

Even with big wheels, fat tires, lowered, and in a masculine color like black or dark grey I can't see this having the presence of a Sport Supercharged for a Man, which are about the same price pre-owned as a new decked-out Evoque...

I just got a brochure in the mail and was googling dimensions comparing this car to others.. It really is small isn't it! I would like to see one on the road because I really do like the design. I agree though,not very masculine.

I'm sure your wife will love it,IMO white is the color to have.

I just got a brochure in the mail and was googling dimensions comparing this car to others.. It really is small isn't it! I would like to see one on the road because I really do like the design. I agree though,not very masculine.

I'm sure your wife will love it,IMO white is the color to have.

Agree on white for her, that's what I'm locking in on.

I'm sure they're going to be using this new-look across the whole lineup moving forward, once one of the bigger models needs a refresh (which is due I believe) they'll be great options for the guys who are tired of the current exhausted look.

They just got a demo one at the dealership here in Nashville and I went by a saw it because I thought I might be interested. Had only seen a picture of one from the front and thought it looked badass.

No, this car is SUPER feminine and SUPER small. I will say it drove awesome and had a great ride. Perfect for someone's wife I guess, kinda confused on who they're targeting with it. Top of the line model loaded out, it'll run in the mid $60,000's. I assume just get a sport.

They just got a demo one at the dealership here in Nashville and I went by a saw it because I thought I might be interested. Had only seen a picture of one from the front and thought it looked badass.

No, this car is SUPER feminine and SUPER small. I will say it drove awesome and had a great ride. Perfect for someone's wife I guess, kinda confused on who they're targeting with it. Top of the line model loaded out, it'll run in the mid $60,000's. I assume just get a sport.

:iamwithstupid:

They hired Victoria Beckham as the "style ambassador" for the car...that tells you what market the Evoque is after. ;)

We've had three Rovers in the last couple years so when I heard a new model was coming I inquired. The GM at the AD steered us away from it - said both the wife and I should stick to RR Sports and larger and that the Evoque was too small. Think GLK, A5, RDX, X3 competitor with the presence of a butched up RAV4. It's really one for the ladies, perhaps even the teenage ladies.

Evoque really is pretty small, same size as the mini 4x4.

Not for me, but i'm sure it will sell extremely well, its a new market for them so i can't believe many customers from other models will change in to one, it will be almost entirely a new customer base.

Damn disappointing I thought this might make a cool DD but all this feminine talk isn't really helping. Even though I do like the fruity drinks...

Damn disappointing I thought this might make a cool DD but all this feminine talk isn't really helping. Even though I do like the fruity drinks...

I mean, MAYBE if you got a black one, blaked out the windows and tailights and put some badass wheels on it, then MAYBE it could look cool. Personally I think the 2 door version better.

I mean, MAYBE if you got a black one, blaked out the windows and tailights and put some badass wheels on it, then MAYBE it could look cool. Personally I think the 2 door version better.

Already said all that above. Still no way it would work, just too "cute" a car for any sensible Male to be involved with when there are nice RR Superchargeds out there by the bushel at cheap prices...

My wife has a phobia of "big" cars, so for her the crossover size is ok. It's an Asian learned-to-drive-late-in-life thing as she fears driving altogether. :lol2:

Good thread on it here: http://www.evoqueforums.net/forum/evoque-f...voque-size.html

They are pretty small, and a bit expensive for the size... so I'll have to see them in person before I decide.

The Countryman was her other choice ironically, which is slightly smaller than the 5-door Evoque.

Told her no on it, interior is too low grade and lacks the upscale lux that RR offers.

Think GLK, A5, RDX, X3 competitor with the presence of a butched up RAV4.

This. Audi Q5 as well. Just saw one at the dealer and it's really cool looking but definitely small and definitely a femine car.

This. Audi Q5 as well. Just saw one at the dealer and it's really cool looking but definitely small and definitely a femine car.

Oops, meant Q5 not A5. I got a little shitty on martinis last night :icon_mrgreen:

Already said all that above. Still no way it would work, just too "cute" a car for any sensible Male to be involved with when there are nice RR Superchargeds out there by the bushel at cheap prices...

My wife has a phobia of "big" cars, so for her the crossover size is ok. It's an Asian learned-to-drive-late-in-life thing as she fears driving altogether. :lol2:

HAHAHA, I love family guy!

I've seen the car in person, haven't driven it though. It is about the size of a Q5/X3 more or less. It does look really good in person imo, but it depends on how secure you feel, if you are to drive it :P It is more fitting for women as said above. The one I saw was white, but I am guessing other colors won't look as girly. I must admit I really wanted one, but I am still not decided if the price is worth it. A fully loaded 190 hp diesel is about 60k euros including taxes here. Feels a bit too much for a such small car with a 4 cylinder diesel in it.

I can't see this having the presence of a Sport Supercharged for a Man, which are about the same price pre-owned as a new decked-out Evoque...

Yep. I parked my RRSC next to an Evoque last week and wasn't a bit jealous. Get a used RRSC and you're ahead of the game.

i saw and drove one. i think it's a fantastic small SUV. i liked the way it drove very much and styling (interior and exterior) is the best in class. it looks small but has pretty good room inside. i'd buy one to zip around town in. what would be fantastic is they slap their supercharged engine in that small SUV and watch the men get a hold of that car -it will be crazy.

fcuk all of you guys and your talk about this is the car for the wife or is too girly for me. Grow a set. The car looks great and i would rock the shit out of it. You would think we were talking about a beetle or a boxster with all the comments in here.

Colors and options are fantastic and it is loaded out for 60ish. Sure the supercharged engine would be awesome but give them a year.

Love you all! :icon_thumleft:

Hehe... I said it fits a woman better, but I didn't say I wouldn't drive one :P My major concern is the high price tag for the size and engines it comes with. For just a bit more one could get the RR Sport.