U.S. Grand Prix moved to later date

LyinFapper

AUSTIN, Texas -- Formula One officials say the renewal of the U.S. Grand Prix in Austin in 2012 will likely be run in November instead of June when temperatures will be much cooler.

Tavo Hellmund, chairman of the U.S. Grand Prix, says Wednesday that pushing the race back several months is a sign Formula One wants the race to be successful.

The race date change won't be official until the revised 2012 calendar is ratified later this year.

http://espn.go.com/racing/f1/story/_/id/68...d-prix-november

I plan to hopefully be there. Fly down spend the week there, check out 6th street, the area, etc., and of course the race.

Cool. That puts it near the end of the season which makes for better racing.

Unless someone walks away all season and has the championship locked up...but I'll take it.

Nice!

A bunch of us were planning a double header Montreal/Austin but I much prefer it this way!

I will actually be in San Antonio early Nov competing at the National Sporting Clays Championship (coincidentally they pushed the dates back due to heat also) so hopefully the GP will be around that same time.