Sent in a beat up AP for full service/restoration

sprite

Don't have a real good before picture but this should give you some idea (first picture, actually a year old so add another year of wear to it): The case was scratched to hell from wearing it almost daily for 5 years. The crystal was scratched, the strap was worn out. Picked the watch up today after a complete service: New crystal, all scratches removed, new band, all gaskets/seals replaced as well as a complete overhaul. Watch came back looking like it had never been worn before.

post-8895-1313449047_thumb.jpg

post-8895-1313449063_thumb.jpg

How much is that restoration?

It came out to $2,100 with taxes, but the watch came back looking like it has never been worn before, was even wrapped like a new watch. I've seen BMWRACER mention slow turnaround at the AP service center, my watch was only there for 2 months though. I was expecting a longer wait.

It came out to $2,100 with taxes, but the watch came back looking like it has never been worn before, was even wrapped like a new watch. I've seen BMWRACER mention slow turnaround at the AP service center, my watch was only there for 2 months though. I was expecting a longer wait.

I called them for you and threathened them that would sell my entire collection if they didnt treat you right. :icon_mrgreen:

I called them for you and threathened them that would sell my entire collection if they didnt treat you right. :icon_mrgreen:

:lol2:

Very nice! After all my talk about never spending that kind of money for a new AP I find myself really wanting one lately. Someday! They did an amazing job!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had one noticeable scratch on my crystal sapphire on my Tag, yet. And the SS surround is still brand-new looking. Daily watch. You must have beat the HELL out of your AP to get the face that bad.

• 1 month later...
For future reference, I can do the same thing for you at alot lower and a week or so. Next time. :)

So how much would you charge for our lambopower brothers?

LOL that would put their sales down 90%

For future reference, I can do the same thing for you at alot lower and a week or so. Next time. :)

Damn wish I would have seen this a few days ago. I just sent mine in for service last week.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

^^

Is that not allowed ?

Haven't been on here much recently due to birth of little one, and also starting to become increasingly interested in high-end watches.... any skin off your back for me to post ?

.... any skin off your back for me to post ?

Would you like me to replace the front page of your newspaper with a six month old story you already read for no reason, other than the fact I would like you to know I just read it?

^

Alright, understandable.

I will pay closer attention to the dates, and not make posts unless they are more contributing that a simple, basic comment - i.e. if something more to offer that is credible.

Sorry to bother you, and thanks for enlightening me.

Regards.

• 4 weeks later...