College Football 2011

Roman

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are so many flaws in the rating system. Notre Dame gets into the top 25 every year just for being Notre Dame. 1 week into the season and they've flamed out. Tonight should be loss #2 for the most overrated team in college football

There are so many flaws in the rating system. Notre Dame gets into the top 25 every year just for being Notre Dame. 1 week into the season and they've flamed out. Tonight should be loss #2 for the most overrated team in college football

Should be, but doesn't look like it. Michigan is sucking it up and the only reason they are even close to being in this game is the turnovers from notre dame.

Should be, but doesn't look like it. Michigan is sucking it up and the only reason they are even close to being in this game is the turnovers from notre dame.

Remember, you heard it here first. ;)

Week 2. Recap...

Lots of good games this week...

Arizona Stunk up the joint.... I really think Stoops should go. I dont like coaches like him, but that can be foregiven if they produce results.... Hes an asshole, and the team sucks.... And its not like he doesnt have the talent to work with.

Arizona State might be the lone bright spot in the Pac 12.

THE Ohio State had a big win over THE Cleveland Barber College. I dont get it.... They insist on being called THE Ohio State University, implying the other institutions of higher education in Ohio SUCK, yet they insist on playing every goddamned one of them.

My boy Paul Rhodes had a big win over Iowa.... Go Cyclones!

Auburn remains undefeated. The pollsters still have their heads up their asses.

Alabama stuck a foot up PSUs ass- JoPa- Youve had a good run... Hang it up already.

The Game of the week was clearly Notre Dame at Michigan, AT NIGHT.... Notre Dame- "Go Into the Lights- There is Peace and Serenity in the lights..." "Shoelaces" played a big roll in the game... Brian Kelly's had to be taken from him because he was on Suicide Watch after that loss.

RDs top 25

1 Auburn

2 Boise State

3 LSU

4 Stanford

5 Ohio State

6 Oklahoma

7 Wisconsin

8 Alabama

9 Arkansas

10 Oklahoma State

11 Michigan State

12 Virginia Tech

13 Florida State

14 Texas A&M

15 Nebraska

16 UCF

17 South Carolina

18 Maryland

19 West Virginia

20 Baylor

21 South Fl

22 ASU

23 Texas

24 Michigan

25 USC

Luke Fickell is going to be out coached left and right in the big games. Season as the NCAA is still looming over our heads at OSU i think the best thing he could do is give the starting QB position to Braxton Miller and let him get the experience this year as this will probably not be a year to take a run at the title....

Going to watch the mighty Lobos (UNM) play Texas Tech tomorrow...should be a really shitty game, but at least it will be live and my son will have a blast!

For the record, the UNM Texas Tech game sucked ass! 3 hours to get through the first half...several "lightning" weather delays. The half time took over an hour due to several more lightning delays, so we left.

Jacory Harris looked like shit, and they are lucky that OSU didn't have their QB to pull them out of that one.

Navy came VERY close to smoking South Carolina which I believe should not be ranked.

FSU and Oklahomo both played like shit.

Florida beat Tennessee-didn't see much of the game

Notre Dame looked good against michigan state

I was at the USC game. It was the first college game I've ever been to. Good first game to go to, but i did feel like if I didn't drink the USC coolaid I was going to ambushed by all the red and gold.

Week 3 recap-

The "The Bowl" (AKA the "Definite Article Bowl") THE Ohio State versus THE University of Miami.

Ohio State had its season opener against the Hurrishames- What's to say? Jacory Harris should be benched. Ohio State should stick to playing the West Cleveland School for the The Blind. Fickel looked to be a disinterested spectator near the end of the game, with a vacant 1000 yard stare the likes of which I havent seen since Christopher Walken in the Deer Hunter. Jesus Christ man, CALL A fcuking TIME OUT! Perhaps the worst clock management Ive seen at this level. I half think both teams were playing lame for the sake of the NCAA investigators.... Sort of a "Look how bad we are, theres no sense in penalizing us any further." The College Football equivalent of "You wouldnt kick a guy when hes down?"

Both programs in serious trouble long term.

FSU versus Oklahoma.

Its said that Offense wins games, but defenses win championships.... The corollary to that is, Defense doesnt win Championships unless Offense win games.... And thats why Florida State is not ready for the next level. They have THE BEST Goalline defense Ive seen this year.... Christ, when theyre standing in the paint, theyre like a swarm of hornets... But their Offense sucks. And there was talk of EJ Manuel being a Heisman Contender? Shut the fcuk Up.

Oklahoma has NO BUSINESS being at the top of the polls... Not yet at least. Theyre good... But not THAT good.

Michigan State at Notre Dame...

I didnt really watch this game, because I totally expected TouchDown Jesus to turn into What The fcuk Jesus.

touchdown_jesus_horiz_copy.jpg

I guess Bryan Kelly's prayers were answered. Still going to be a long year for the Irish.

Stanford Indians At the University of California at Tucson Mildcats-

Arizona is a program in chaos. This currect line-up rolled out as a VERY young team just about three years ago next week... Now they've had two years to mature, get better, and yet all they have done is gotten MUCH WORSE... And this in a climate were they should have been able to steal talent from Southern California.... And I dont see them getting any better. Stoops should be fired. His attitude does NOT WORK with that particular program. Maybe if youre winning games, you can tolerate playing for a prick.... But if youre not....

Look- Theres three basic parts to a football team. Offense, Defense and Special teams (5 if you want to break it into run/pass offense and Defense).

Arizona has NO run offense.... NONE.... I rushed my refrigerator for more yards than they had last night.

Their Pass offense, DESPITE having all the weapons, was pretty bad too. Of course, tossing a pass when youre one dimensional and getting keyed off on is tough.

Their Pass defense was really porous against an admittedly GOOD QB, and the run D gave up over 200...

And their Special Teams is Damned Near Non-Existent. The Field Goal Kicker(S) couldnt kick the ball into the grand canyon if they stood in the dead ass center of the fcuking thing.

This game was most interesting for me as a way to get a good look at Andrew Luck. Hes good.... No doubt. But he DOESNT have the touch and "automaticness" of Kellen Moore.... And the two games Ive seen Moore in- Georgia and Toledo, I THINK BOTH had BETTER DEFENSES than ARIZONA. Moore deserves the Heisman as far as Im concerned.

Week 3 Top 25

1 Stanford

2 Boise State

3 Oklahoma

4 LSU

5 Wisconsin

6 Oklahoma State

7 Alabama

8 Arkansas

9 Virginia Tech

10 Texas A&M

11 Nebraska

12 South Carolina

13 West Virginia

14 Baylor

15 South Florida

16 Texas

17 Michigan

18 USC

19 Iowa State

20 Illinois

21 Florida

22 Clemson

23 Georgia Tech

24 Houston

25 North Carolina

1 Stanford

2 Boise State

3 Oklahoma

4 LSU

5 Wisconson

6 Oklahoma State

7 Alabama

8 Virginia Tech

9 Nebraska

10 South Carolina

11 Baylor

12 South Florida

13 Texas

14 Michigan

15 Iowa State

16 Illinois

17 Florida

18 Clemson

19 Georgia Tech

20 Houston

21 Kansas St

22 Texas Tech

23 Oregon

24 West Virginia

25 Texas A&M

Pretty boring week...

UM is officially horrible just like my Miami Dolphins this year.

Agreed. Ranked too high, and even while I love my alma mater, they aren't that good. Robinson is it for the offense. Shut down Robinson, shut down Michigan.

Whats are your issues with it?

I would like to see them sport for the nature of sport, not for the fact that one game will fund their entire years athletic department budget.

I just may be ripe off my "so that's where my tuition money went?" kind of thing.

I would like to see them sport for the nature of sport, not for the fact that one game will fund their entire years athletic department budget.

I just may be ripe off my "so that's where my tuition money went?" kind of thing.

Its not tuition money-

How many seats does U of M stadium have? (109,000)

How much do those seats sell for? ($10-$200)

How much do they get from the TELEVISION RIGHTS for the game? (yes, we live in a day and age were even Umass at Michigan is TELEVISED, and available NATIONWIDE). (another couple million)

Whats ALL OF THAT ADDED UP? SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS. You dont think the visiting team, without whom thye wouldnt have a game at all, should get a measly percentage of that? They should fly the 90 or so people that make up a traveling football squad, get hotels and food for all of them for two days, and help UM generate all that revenue out of the goodness of their own hearts? Theyre running the charity of the "benevolent brothers for the sacred wolverine"?

And by the way... 650K doesnt run the Umass athletic program for the year... It probably covers the football program for about 24 days.

Why do you think Ohio State always plays a small Ohio school at the beginning of every year!??!

They dont play Toledo/Youngstown State/Akron/UC/Ohio U or the others for the fun of the challenge....They have nothing to gain in those games.