College Football 2011

Roman

Holy shit the BCS sucks balls, but you could see them lining up Alabama for another shot at LSU weeks ago. The only game that seems interesting is Kansas state and Arkansas...all the rest...meh...ill try to catch the Baylor game if im not shoveling snow. I can't believe how many teams duck Boise state...ah hell roman said it all already, and said it well. BCS is ruining college football...someone needs to start an Occupy the asshole offices of the BCS movement...shitbags!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Holy shit the BCS sucks balls, but you could see them lining up Alabama for another shot at LSU weeks ago. The only game that seems interesting is Kansas state and Arkansas...all the rest...meh...ill try to catch the Baylor game if im not shoveling snow. I can't believe how many teams duck Boise state...ah hell roman said it all already, and said it well. BCS is ruining college football...someone needs to start an Occupy the asshole offices of the BCS movement...shitbags!

And to people who have WATCHED this system for a while, it happens EVERY YEAR...

They decided they wanted LSU/ALABAMA in OCTOBER. How did they know? Well, at that Point LSU had beaten OREGON... Tennsesee and Florida had both folded like a cheap suit..... The Only teams LEFT on their schedule was Alabama and Arkansas.

Alabama had beaten Arkansas and Penn State. The only teams left on their schedule were LSU and Auburn who everybody had counted out before the season even began.

I've been trying to find a way to get into college football after so many years of strict NFL but none of this is helping. :icon_mrgreen:

LOL! I hear that! I love college football, but I am getting sick of the crap at the end of the season. At least with the old bowl system, there was debate as to who was national champ, but the BCS has bastardized that process...what happens if LSU loses a close one, similar to how Bama lost during the regular season, and OK State wins by 50? I actually hope that happens and that congressional members lose a ton of cash betting on the games and get sick enough of the charade to squash the BCS...and I HATE congressional intervention in sports, but the BCS is worse than spiders!

• 4 weeks later...

Alamo bowl...Glad to see Baylor win, but holy shit both defenses sucked ass! Almost 1400 yards total offense and 17 touchdowns! Exciting, to some extent because of all of the scores, but still, no defense whatsoever. Sort of like the anti LSU/Alabama game.

1 Alabama

2 Oklahoma St

3 Boise State

4 Houston

5 LSU

6 Oregon

7 Arkansas

8 South Carolina

9 Michigan

10 Stanford

11 TCU

12 Southern Miss

13 USC

14 West VA

15 Michigan St

16 Baylor

17 Oklahoma

18 Cinci

19 Northern Illinoi

20 BYU

21 Wisconson

22 Virginia Tech

23 Kansas St

24 Arkansas St

25 Georgia

I dont understand some of the coaching decisions Miles made... Had Alabama NOT scored the touchdown near the end of the game, I would have had Oklahoma State #1.

Thank god I went to bed early so I could wake up early this morning.

Looks like it was a waste of 4 hours of peoples lives.

• 5 months later...
IF that happens, it will be the death of the BCS, and terrible for college football. It will have become the BcSEC, and they will lose half the country.

Speaking of death. There is a school in the state of Pennsylvania, which I will from now on refer to as the college of disgrace, which should be removed from the NCAA FOREVER. Their octogenarian Coach should be FIRED. Alk mentions of his name should be removed from the campus, and he should be expelled from the NCAA hall of fame.

I will NEVER watch another game featuring the College of Disgrace, and any television entity that airs them should find their sponsors BOYCOTTED.

What happened in this case is DISGUSTING.

fcuk joe paterno.

The 28 year old GA who WALKED IN ON THE FORCFED ANAL RAPE of a TEN YEAR OLD BOY IN THE COLLEGE OF Disgrace's LOCKER ROOM, SHOULD NEVER COACH AGAIN...

I would have KILLED the sonofabitch... THEN called the police.... He called his dad and swept it under the rug to further his career....

fcuk YOU!

Ihate to say I told ya so.... but....

So all other bowl games have ceased to exist? That's kind of a bummer. I enjoyed watching all sorts of competitive teams play in the post season.

So all other bowl games have ceased to exist? That's kind of a bummer. I enjoyed watching all sorts of competitive teams play in the post season.

No I dont think thats true....

I dont see why this would have any impact on the other bowls.

It doesnt. Everything else is the same. Its just the top 4 teams get put into a 3 game tourny. So the BCS National Champion will have to win 2 bowl games instead of one. They are even leaving the 4 main BCS bowls in place somehow and using 2 of them for the first games of this "tournament" from my understanding. But you know there is going to be a 5th place team that bitches about not getting into that. They need to jsut do an 8 team tourny with each of the big conference champions. it would only add one more game (week)

It doesnt. Everything else is the same. Its just the top 4 teams get put into a 3 game tourny. So the BCS National Champion will have to win 2 bowl games instead of one. They are even leaving the 4 main BCS bowls in place somehow and using 2 of them for the first games of this "tournament" from my understanding. But you know there is going to be a 5th place team that bitches about not getting into that. They need to jsut do an 8 team tourny with each of the big conference champions. it would only add one more game (week)

Its a step in the right direction.

• 2 months later...
Id have even less interest in that game than the current one.... Watching a team get SHELLACKED is one thing.... KNOWING theyre going to get shellacked because youve already seen 3 weeks earlier, is pointless.

I think I pointed you top the book. They lay out several scenarios by which the BCS can be killed.

In short, I would say a few things-

1. If the fans demand it.... But thats not enough.. THEY ALREADY DEMAND IT... But The BCS tells them to go fcuk themselves. They have to vote with their pocket books to the extent that the TV NETWORKS Demand it. I think THIS MAY BE THAT YEAR.... With each successive year it seems that the fans get angrier and angrier with the "System". Every year, "somebody gets screwed"... Audiences, fans and particularly college football fans are too sophisticated to be BULLSHITED any more. The RATINGS for these bowl games are NOT very good... And every year they get WORSE.... The National Championship game hit an all time high of 21.7 for USC versus Texas in the Rose Bowl in 2006. Its been down significantly since then, averaging a 16- Thats GOOD for regular TV, but not for Championship Sports- The NFL PLAYOFFS KILL THEM- Never mind the Super Bowl... I think this year will be a TV DISASTER because of the match up. The Rose Bowl also does well... It hangs in at around an 11-13 depending on the match up. The rest SUCK MONKEY ASS THROUGH A STRAW. The Orange Bowl is lucky to get a 6.... Thats BAD SITCOM range... The Non BCS bowls often dont break a 1. Thats MSNBC range.

2. Congress. There is the real threat of an anti trust action being brought against the "BCS". What makes it the most difficult is, there is NO SUCH THING AS THE "BCS." IT DOESNT EXIST. It is merely a series of contracts between the commissioners of the AQ conferences (and the AD of Notre Dame), the Bowl Commissioners, and the TV Networks.

The real hindrance is, EVERYBODY AGREES a playoff will INCREASE money to the CONFERENCES. The commissioners DONT CARE.... They would RATHER take 1/6th of a six slice pie, than SHARE 1/12th of a 20,000 slice pie.

WHY? That makes no economic sense? Because as long as its set up like this, THEY HAVE POWER. They CONTROL which teams get rich.... MONEY= SUCCESS in college football... And by DENYING certain schools that money, they maintain that THEIR FAVORITE TEAMS are the only ones who play.

Just to recap this point (and I just reread this entire thread, and its one of the most interesting weve ever had on here- its worth a re read)... The alabama lsu national championship game got a 13.8 rating... 2.2 points lower than the average.... And with that the fans killed the BCS.