Winter Tyres for LP560

LA_Brit

Hi all,

I plan on DD'ing the LP560 all winter and would like to know which tyres and sizes i should take a look at prior to ordering.

If you know of anyone that has experience driving the LP in the winter and has feedback on specific brands / models please direct them to this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Pic from my recent drive to Cannes from London for views:

i3tnyx.jpg

Hi all,

I plan on DD'ing the LP560 all winter and would like to know which tyres and sizes i should take a look at prior to ordering.

If you know of anyone that has experience driving the LP in the winter and has feedback on specific brands / models please direct them to this thread.

Thanks in advance.

i3tnyx.jpg

Nice pic. Did you meet anybody famous or infamous ?

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

i3tnyx.jpg

how are the tyres you have in the rain?

I posted this same question on another site last month and got sort of ignored. I think winter DD is just not a popular thing to do. Esp given I get 100-300 inches of snow locally.

Tire rack recommends sottozeros I think. I was not overwhelmed with those when I had them on 997TTs but if narrow enough they may be OK. Alpine or Blizzak?

• 2 weeks later...
I posted this same question on another site last month and got sort of ignored. I think winter DD is just not a popular thing to do. Esp given I get 100-300 inches of snow locally.

Tire rack recommends sottozeros I think. I was not overwhelmed with those when I had them on 997TTs but if narrow enough they may be OK. Alpine or Blizzak?

Still need to get this sorted, not inspired by the responses so far!

Blizzak's are good tires.

I have driven in heavy snow with the Murci on Pzeros. It was highway, ~70mph, and the car was planted. So I imagine that any decent tire (all season/winter) will be fine for the Gallardo. AWD is a HUGE advantage when it comes to picking a tire for winter.

I ran the cheapest all season tires on the STi that I used in winter months and had zero issues. I was going through snow drifts taller than the hood.

I ran my Viper in snow, a few inches on the ground, it was incredibly difficult, but I never became stuck. I was on PS2.

I ran my Volvo 855T5 on some off-brand winter tires and it did amazing in snow for FWD.

I ran my WRX wagon on off-brand winter tires and it was the most fun winter vehicle I've ever owned.

I ran my blue STi (500hp) in a blizzard, from OH to MI, with Michelin Pilot Sport Cups. I never was stuck, but it was very difficult to drive.

I ran my Grand National in a decent snow storm with BFG G-Force KDW and it sucked. By far the worst tire in snow that I've ever had the pleasure to drive on.

Nick

Still need to get this sorted, not inspired by the responses so far!

If you want to keep stock wheels, I would get Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D.

A Lambo dealer can fix you up with this issue I think....ceramics may take a larger wheel by necessity, as in Porsche.

I ran a 997.2 turbo s on Pirelli Sottozeros, more narrow than OEM, with OZ ultralegerra wheels last winter. The wheels can collect ice. But they looked cool!

July_26_020.JPG

July_26_001.JPG

oct_23_030.JPG

oct_23_031.JPG

• 1 month later...

FWIW I took delivery of my Diablo 6.0 during a snow storm. First thing I did was drive it to a local office complex (AOL HQ) and do some donuts :) . Lots of fun and it handled remarkably well in the snow.

Its a car. its made for you to enjoy.

I wonder if they make blizzaks for the Gallardo.

If you want to keep stock wheels, I would get Dunlop SP Winter Sport 3D.

A Lambo dealer can fix you up with this issue I think....ceramics may take a larger wheel by necessity, as in Porsche.

I ran a 997.2 turbo s on Pirelli Sottozeros, more narrow than OEM, with OZ ultralegerra wheels last winter. The wheels can collect ice. But they looked cool!