Diablo VT Roadster MY 1999

samuel10

Hi,

I am a relatively new owner of a European 99 Diablo VT Roadster. Due to my newly found interest for Diablo technical trivia, I decided to check the gearbox number of my car. The number turned out to be “B2419” (see pic).

Now, according to the workshop manual (Diablo four wheel drive (VT) MY 97 – 98 -99, Chapter 21, page 6 ):

“The different gear ratios are identified by a letter in front of the gear (box) number:

no letter: STANDARD

letter “C”: short ratios EEC vehicles

letter “A”: short ratios USA vehicles”

Has this come up before? Logically, B should stand for standard gear ratios, right?

2011_09_07_10.21.48.jpg

If anyone has access to a service manual for a 6.0 Diablo (or a sample of 6.0 gearboxes... :) ); Was the letter B used to identify gearboxes in 6.0 Diablos?

The reason for asking is that my 99 has a very late VIN (later than US Millennium Edition Roadsters for example), and I am guessing/thinking that maybe this car has the same gearbox as found in the later Diablo models.

• 3 months later...

Hello Samuel

Europe calling here too .. :) also late 99 Roadster with possibly short ratio, caled 'sport gear' option. I will check my number on it later, I wouldalso like to know more of it. It seems to what I've heard, that sometimes custom ratios were built, not only 2 types of ratios. I will come back here later if I find more info

Peter