motivation thread

Camel Toe Juice

I love that video! Has been sent to me at least 3-4 times this week, totally buzzin around the web! When I saw the video, totally changed me to laser focus on work.

Just read how to get rich by Felix Dennis and I recommend it... Interesting quote for the hungry: "anyone not busy learning is busy dieing".

Also, heard about a book called "the 10x rule", it's about working 10x harder than you've ever worked before! Gonna read it.

A real reality check and something to make you think about the value of life and your time... The "Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch.

"Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted."

----

It's rare I ever quote religion, but Buddhism is on to something:

"The Master in the art of living makes little distinction between his work and his play, his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation, his love and his religion. He hardly knows which is which. He simply pursues his vision of excellence in whatever he does, leaving others to decide whether he is working or playing. To him he is always doing both."

----

I had a photo of Tommy's SV LP640 on my wall for months that was serving as motivation. Had to paint so I took it down. I need to put up a "want" poster - with everything I want to accomplish.

Some of the best motivation for breaking out of the norm- the "rank and file"- the usual... Has been LamboPower. Many of the active members here have, through posts about business, money, objects of desire, or just ways of thought have influenced my own behavior and made me look at my own life and the things in it from different perspectives. The cliche of "thinking outside the box" has been polished here many times.

Thanks to all who contribute.

Those self help books are imho total bullshit (I read the one from Felix Dennis which was funny not necessarily helpful), all they do is make you retain "focus" for a brief moment and then you forget about it (you do, don't deny it). So the only person getting rich(er) at that time is the author and publisher. But if this stimulates you go ahead and buy it.

I get the same feeling when I'm in a foreign country and I see all this poverty and I want to work harder and do things better in life but when I get home after a few weeks I go back to my old routine (without knowing or thinking about it).

The only helpful thing from certain of those books or lifestories of people who have made it are the traps and problems they have encountered, not how to get rich. Some people are made for it, some people get lucky or some make their own luck and many don't even make it.

I don't want to sound like a pessimist, so to each his own (opinion).

I get most of my motivation from the people surrounding me and maybe some interviews from (business) entrepreneurs on youtube and such and people who inspire me.

^ IMO Luck is when preparation meets opportunity and I'd be willing to bet most people here amassed their fortunes that way including my small fortune.

You cant just assume some get it and some don't, most people who become successful are a result of long process and determination.

"it takes years to become an overnight success".

Also, MJ's book Fastlane millionaire is a very vital part of my come up, my whole business is structured the way the book has it written.

I am not too good of a writer, but am willing to prove my point that those who always try to motivate themselves via books and hard/smart work, will be better off than those who decide the books are a waste of time and would rather go see a movie.

^ IMO Luck is when preparation meets opportunity and I'd be willing to bet most people here amassed their fortunes that way including my small fortune.

You cant just assume some get it and some don't, most people who become successful are a result of long process and determination.

Also, MJ's book Fastlane millionaire is a very vital part of my come up, my whole business is structured the way the book has it written.

I am not too good of a writer, but am willing to prove my point that those who always try to motivate themselves via books and hard/smart work, will be better off than those who decide the books are a waste of time and would rather go see a movie.

well said

successfull people do, the things unsuccessful people dont do

Some other quotes I live by (2 of 100)

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”

Jim Rohn

“People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.”

Zig Ziglar

well said

successfull people do, the things unsuccessful people dont do

Honestly, even though this sounds stupid. I learned quite a few things that stuck with me over time through my football coaches.

One quote in particular that he used to say every single day:

"Character is what you do every day when people aren't watching you." Basically coach saying "are you going to man up and do what you have to do when we aren't paying attention?"

"Fundamentals-you have to do the little things right before you can get to the next step." Used to scream it over and over and over when doing drills.

Defensive Coordinator-usually during hitting drills

"If someone punches you in the mouth are you just going to sit there on the floor, bleeding, and take it?" He would then say (typically yelling at the top of his lungs while turning red and throwing his hat on the floor): "I don't know about you, but if I get punched in the mouth, I am going to rip someone's f&^%ing head off and p!$$ down their throat."

By "making your own luck" I mean studying and working your ass off and everything else possible. And the "rather see a movie" offends me, because you know it isn't just that (and certainly not a movie). There is this youtube channel/site where they interview entrepeneurs which is unbelievably interesting and helpful, if I'd give it out I'm sure it would motivate a lot of people on here. And someone just posted a motivational speech, which is the exact same thing, will you call that stupid if we put a word on it. I never said movies are better than books.

If you are saying every self help book is decent and useful that's BS.

• 1 year later...
Everything in this world that means something and you should motivate yourself to strive for is..... *BADUMTISS* ..... pussy :icon_mrgreen:

Negative, it's money. The rest of the things come with money :) . Including THAT.