UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aldo has pulled out of 5 of 7 UFC title fights, he really needs to change something.

Conor-Mendes should be good too though. But as a lot of people say; if Mendes wins, UFC has shot itself in the foot :icon_anal:

I think the stand in should have been Edgar, he has a fantastic style to beat mcgregor, which may be the reason they pushed him out. He's disciplined, quick, and can box even against a goofy style. I personally find myself occasionally caught up in the mcgregor hype, but then watch aldo's highlights and recall that hes the P4P GOAT for a reason. I think he may just run right through conor and put the hype to sleep, personally. That being said Mcgregor not only has his hands full, but he has all of 2 weeks to train for a completely different fight.

• 2 weeks later...

Lawler vs McDonald...WOW!!!

Talk about a war, heart, and diligence to win on both ends. One of the best fights I've seen.

Now, Mendes vs McFag.....

Learned something new today: 12-6 elbows are legal on the ground and McGregor is super innovative and the only who does them.

I agree. Those elbows were BS for not getting a warning of some sort.

On the other hand, Connor proved tonight his striking is very good, and that he has a chin too.

I think he still has something to prove in the octagon, but for now, good for him. Pressure off!

That was a damn good card.

McGregor is an interesting guy to listen to, polarizing, that's what we need... characters. He needs to be careful on the ground but he's looking pretty good. Good for him for showing up with A game, he's correct that media schedule must have been insane leading up to the night.

Lawler is crazed, Rory looked great too.

Been reading all the Bleacher Reports on the app...so frustrated I could not watch that card. :( I'll have to wait a few months on ufc.tv and then I'll see the action I guess. :(

I was rooting for Rory but it's too bad he could not survive the last rounds.

As for Conor, I don't hate the guy, but I just don't enjoy the non-stop boasting (in any industry, in any situation). I'm a guy that enjoys humble people in general, so not a huge fan of the individual. He's quite the fighter though...his striking is so precise and technical. I think Aldo will need to be on top of his game to get his hand raised...I'm afraid his mind is not in the right place though and he's done as a champion...which is kinda crazy when you think he's only 28 years old...

Betting odds are 2 for 1 for Conor right now vs Aldo, btw...who would have thought that just a few months ago...

• 3 weeks later...

So Honda Housey vs Bethe "Doublebagger" Correia tomorrow. It's gonna be the best 30 seconds this summer.

Plus a bunch of has been's and never was'es.

So Honda Housey vs Bethe "Doublebagger" Correia tomorrow. It's gonna be the best 30 seconds this summer.

Plus a bunch of has been's and never was'es.

It was actually 34 seconds. ;)

It makes me curious how a guy would fare with her.

I heard stories of some of her sparring partners who some of which are male claim she would do very well.

I sincerely hope the sport does not cross that bridge though. I just couldn't stomache seeing a man hit a woman even in a fair sporting event.

Rousey is a bad bitch. She is a perfect ambassador as she is likeable, decent looking and no joke. I hope she is able to take advantage of all the opportunities coming her way.

She's definitely the IT girl right now.

I heard she is making 4MM/annum on endorsements now and 3 to 4MM on each fight with backend points on PPV buys. Two fights a year and she is grossing 8 figures, that's without movie deals.

I will offer right now for anything over $50k, I will get in the ring with her and last over a minute lol

You wouldn't last 10 seconds. A trained fighter against anyone who doesn't train will stop you faster than you can imagine

I watched the TUF where they introduced female competitors for the first time, where she and Miesha Tate coached the teams. She came off like a super bitch and rather nutty at first, but at the same time, very caring about her team. She says people don't know the things Miesha Tate has done, and I mean the show is edited, so who knows. On the other hand, I doubt that the UFC would purposely edit the show to make its it-girl look bad.

But for example, for the first fight, Ronda chose Shayna Baszler, whom she has trained with, vs Julianna Pena, whom is a friend of Miesha's. Baszler is a veteran of women's MMA whereas Pena is a relative newcomer. Ronda chose this fight as she (and everyone else, including the White House, FBI, CIA, NSA, Russian, and Israeli intelligence), were 1000% sure that Baszler was absolutely going to steam roll Pena. That Pena was going to get crushed. Baszler was the favorite to win the whole thing for the women's side.

So Baszler spends the whole episode talking herself up, acting super tough, trash talking Pena, saying Pena doesn't deserve to even be in the same ring with her, that she should be attending her seminars instead, etc...so then the fight happens. They go out, hesitate, then Pena unleashes a flurry of bombs on Baszler. Baszler barely manages to win the first round, but is clearly gassed. Then Pena comes out in the second round and annihilates Baszler. Baslzer and Ronda are both reduced to tears while Miesha Tate is cheering for Pena.

So then Ronda says to the camera in an interview that Miesha is "going to pay" for "laughing at her (Bazler's) pain," and then she walks up to Miesha and says that since she was "laughing at my girl's pain," that she was going to destroy Miesha in their fight. Now I mean, any idiot could see that Miesha was NOT "laughing at Shayna's pain," she was cheering because Pena, her friend, the complete underdog who everyone said was going to get steam rolled, had won. Also Miesha and Baszler are friends too.

Miesha and Ronda fought in the finale and Ronda beat Miesha for the second time, however it took Ronda to round 3 to submit Miesha finally. So I think if there is anyone in women's MMA right now who can beat Ronda, it is Miesha. Ronda in MMA right now seems to be like Royce Gracie in the original UFC. I don't think we can really judge Rousey's true prowess until she goes up against a woman with the kind of MMA skill that we see in the men.

You wouldn't last 10 seconds. A trained fighter against anyone who doesn't train will stop you faster than you can imagine

I've always thought this video was very neat:

Two good posts, Wheels, good job, although wordy.

An argument can be made Ronda is kicking cans. Bethe's last three opponents were 1 and 7 in the UFC, two already cut. She was never a contender for the belt... UFC has run out of gals to put in front of Ronda, hence the trilogy with Meisha nobody is buying into.

Ronda is good, no doubt about that, but Florian's comment about her being born 30 years too early is likely more relevant. She is a pioneer, we always remember the pioneers in sports. They made the same argument about Fedor.

I like that video too. The guy has good core strength and moves well.

Good video....thanks for posting.

Regarding Ronda and my take on her......simply put, I don't find her that good of a fighter. Look at the fight with her against Bethe, her chin was WIDE open most of the time. Had she been in there with someone that's a counter/striker like Cyborg, it may have gotten ugly for her. She has great grappling skills and there is no doubt about that, but outside of that I have not seen anything special.

Watching Ronda fight doesn't give me the same feeling as watching GSP fight, for example, where immediately I thought 'Damn, this guy is good'.

Like Porter said, I feel she has been kicking puppies. There simply isn't enough talent in the woman's division (Holly Holm could possibly be a star - have to wait and see) and Ronda is just way ahead of the others.

On a last note, as boring as a Ronda vs. Miesha III would be, I really think she is the only one that would challenge Ronda the most. She is tough and has a lot of will. Hopefully Dana calls a McGregor/Aldo and Tate/Rousey for this year.

Hopefully Dana calls a McGregor/Aldo and Tate/Rousey for this year.

Agree, and it will be a good card for the fans. I think he will need to do that to fill 80,000 seats in Dallas at the end of the year.