UFC DISCUSSION NWS!

porter

Khabib has missed weight before. Here he talks about how hard it is now that IV rehydration has been eliminated. http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/8/109374...-without-iv-mma

Cutting so damn dangerous. Even though the morning before weigh-ins now are a step in the right direction, the governing associations should move it out even further.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Khabib has missed weight before

Cutting so damn dangerous.

Definitely, but I don't see him as an especially large lightweight. People are built differently, but based on physical appearance he should be an "easy" LW.

I was so disappointed to see Khabib not being to cut weight. He is a murderer. It would have been a VERY interesting fight against Ferguson. I think Khabib would have won and then it would have been a VERY VERY interesting title fight with Mac...who must have let go such a sight of relief upon hearing about Khabib's issues.

Interestingly enough, during the "Embedded" series the UFC puts out, Ferguson called out Khabib during a face-off that he looked like he was struggling with the weight cut. I had not noticed anything particular from Khabib but I guess these guys know how to spot these things. Not like Johny Hendricks when he missed weight last time (he looked like SHIT during media interviews, mouth was dry when he was talking, etc).

Anyhow...

As for the GSP fight, I'm disappointed from a purist point of view as Yoel, as dirty as he is (and probably on some kind of PEDs), he still deserves it, considering who he beat in the last few years. However, it will be super exciting to see GSP in action again. I'm hoping he wins against Bisping and takes it to Woodley to capture a second belt, in his (and my) hometown of Montreal. :)

I had the chance to see and speak to GSP quite a bit in early December, while he was negotiating for the Bisping fight for the Toronto show and he looked quite a bit bigger in person than the last few times I had seen him in the past, which made me think he was going for the 185 weight category. He's as much of a class act in person than on TV. Just a GREAT guy to deal with.

On another note, I've been watching the UFC for YEARS now and I finally stepped up to the plate and started training in Muay Thai. God damn it's a hard sport, both physically and technically. This is coming from a guy who is a lifetime athlete in a lot of sports, with 2 Ironmans under my belt, 3 half ironman, 6-7 marathons, lots of mountain biking, skiing, soccer, name it, I've done it. It made me respect these athletes on a whole other level. After 6 months of 2 times a week Muay Thai, I had a coach film me during a 3 minute round of hitting pads, thinking I was looking pretty good. I honestly looked like a girl hitting and swinging at pads. It's a GRUELLING and VERY difficult sport, but extremely rewarding.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Anybody see this? Bethe Correia vs Holly Holm. Bethe taunts Holly Holm. Holly Holm proceeds to knock Bethe out!

• 2 months later...

Now these are some main events!

21728638_1454309607938318_7009806685192214790_o.jpg

But GSP is the only one that managed to leave on top... With his legacy secured.

This comeback will either cement him as the GOAT or make him fade into obscurity like so many others.

Now these are some main events!

21728638_1454309607938318_7009806685192214790_o.jpg

But GSP is the only one that managed to leave on top... With his legacy secured.

This comeback will either cement him as the GOAT or make him fade into obscurity like so many others.

Who do you think will win between Bisping and GSP? Think it will be a tap tap tap then lay and pray affair?

We all haven't chatted much about UFC lately. Jones is such a fcuking disappointment. What a waste of talent, too many demons...

Who do you think will win between Bisping and GSP? Think it will be a tap tap tap then lay and pray affair?

We all haven't chatted much about UFC lately. Jones is such a fcuking disappointment. What a waste of talent, too many demons...

The Jones case is so bizarre. It makes no sense that one sample is tainted and all others clean. But it smells like his chemist fucked up... Such a waste indeed.

I know GSP's been training ever since he quit, so he's definitely in shape. He's not gonna stand and trade with the much bigger Bisping, takedown and GnP will be the recipe.

UD to GSP, although I would love to see a finish of course.

And I think GSP has gotten an unfair rep of being a boring fighter. Look at what happened to Woodley and Hendricks when they reached that level... exactly the same but arguably much more stalling and no attempts to finish the fight.

That's how the game goes at that level, and GSP was simply king of it. Still his fights had nerve and was exciting, albeit not re-watchable if you get what I mean.

The Jones case is so bizarre. It makes no sense that one sample is tainted and all others clean. But it smells like his chemist fucked up... Such a waste indeed.

I know GSP's been training ever since he quit, so he's definitely in shape. He's not gonna stand and trade with the much bigger Bisping, takedown and GnP will be the recipe.

UD to GSP, although I would love to see a finish of course.

And I think GSP has gotten an unfair rep of being a boring fighter. Look at what happened to Woodley and Hendricks when they reached that level... exactly the same but arguably much more stalling and no attempts to finish the fight.

That's how the game goes at that level, and GSP was simply king of it. Still his fights had nerve and was exciting, albeit not re-watchable if you get what I mean.

I think there's a lot that goes on behind closed doors, Jones has fucked up too many times for any of us to give him the benefit of the doubt now. He's a super talented that has surrounded himself with the wrong people and makes shit choices over and over.

I agree with your synopsis on GSP Bisping. I think GSP will try to grind out a UD too. Will be a weird division following, nothing surprises me these days, wouldn't at all be out of the question to then see GSP fight Conor and milk that shit for all its worth.

Great fight between GGG/Alvarez. Poor decision, although it could be worse.

Only a mother could score it 118-110 for Canelo.

Although I don't think it was a draw (I think GGG clearly won 7-8 of those rounds), Ray Charles would have scored it better than 118-110.

Adalaide Byrd is an embarrassment. This is why boxing is dying.

I think there's a lot that goes on behind closed doors, Jones has fucked up too many times for any of us to give him the benefit of the doubt now. He's a super talented that has surrounded himself with the wrong people and makes shit choices over and over.

I agree with your synopsis on GSP Bisping. I think GSP will try to grind out a UD too. Will be a weird division following, nothing surprises me these days, wouldn't at all be out of the question to then see GSP fight Conor and milk that shit for all its worth.

I was rematching a few GSP fights in the last few weeks and it's surprising how little he moves his head. I think he will get crushed because Bisping's boxing is much superior to GSP's. GSP has a very good jab, but that's it really. I think Bisping wins an UD, and might even finish in later rounds.

GSP might retire, or choose to fight McGregor...but otherwise, I think that's a wrap for him.

If Bisping loses, he retires. If he wins, he might also retire...unless he's really hurting for money...but he has the commenting gig so I think he's doing OK...

If GSP wins, I don't see how he defends the belt against a monster like Rockhold. Whitaker is also quite a bit bigger, Weidman is huge, Romero would twist him...I'm a big GSP fan, don't get me wrong (homeboy!!) but I don't think he survives very well his late career showing at a higher weight class.

I have to admit, I saw him and spoke to him quite a bit last December (came to our workplace for a fund raising thing), right around the time he was negotiation for his then-return that became sour, and he was BIG. Much bigger than the other two times I've met him, so he's definitely packed on some weight (and not fat weight...just broad shoulders, neck, everything). He is an impressive specimen of dedication and hard work.

I was rematching a few GSP fights in the last few weeks and it's surprising how little he moves his head. I think he will get crushed because Bisping's boxing is much superior to GSP's. GSP has a very good jab, but that's it really. I think Bisping wins an UD, and might even finish in later rounds.

GSP might retire, or choose to fight McGregor...but otherwise, I think that's a wrap for him.

If Bisping loses, he retires. If he wins, he might also retire...unless he's really hurting for money...but he has the commenting gig so I think he's doing OK...

If GSP wins, I don't see how he defends the belt against a monster like Rockhold. Whitaker is also quite a bit bigger, Weidman is huge, Romero would twist him...I'm a big GSP fan, don't get me wrong (homeboy!!) but I don't think he survives very well his late career showing at a higher weight class.

I have to admit, I saw him and spoke to him quite a bit last December (came to our workplace for a fund raising thing), right around the time he was negotiation for his then-return that became sour, and he was BIG. Much bigger than the other two times I've met him, so he's definitely packed on some weight (and not fat weight...just broad shoulders, neck, everything). He is an impressive specimen of dedication and hard work.

Whats your thoughts on the Jones situation?

Whats your thoughts on the Jones situation?

Frankly, I don't know what to think of this. I think he is self destructive in so many ways that I would not be shocked if he approached it with a "i don't give a fcuk I'm Jon Jones" attitude and did not take the necessary precautions. He could have made a mistake. I was listening and reading a few things with regards to the roids he got caught using and apparently quite a few ball players got caught inadvertently because of its presence in GNC-acquired products (contamination).

I was also told by my Muay Thai coach that this sort of roid was only in the system for like 18 hours, so whatever he was consuming, voluntary or not, he was doing it right around fight time.

I just think at this point he will go down as a "what if" guy, and the biggest comp in other sports would be Lance Armstrong. No doubt the best at the game in recent history, with a big asterisk.

What's amazing, and I'm not trying to defend anybody here, is how fans forgot about Dan Henderson and Anderson Silvia's dabbling with PEDs. Belfort and Jones and Uberreem are not getting the same luxury...maybe for a reason...

Overall it's just sad to see such a talented young man/athlete throw it all away because of psychological problems he refuses to tackle.

What are your thoughts ?

Frankly, I don't know what to think of this. I think he is self destructive in so many ways that I would not be shocked if he approached it with a "i don't give a fcuk I'm Jon Jones" attitude and did not take the necessary precautions. He could have made a mistake. I was listening and reading a few things with regards to the roids he got caught using and apparently quite a few ball players got caught inadvertently because of its presence in GNC-acquired products (contamination).

I was also told by my Muay Thai coach that this sort of roid was only in the system for like 18 hours, so whatever he was consuming, voluntary or not, he was doing it right around fight time.

I just think at this point he will go down as a "what if" guy, and the biggest comp in other sports would be Lance Armstrong. No doubt the best at the game in recent history, with a big asterisk.

What's amazing, and I'm not trying to defend anybody here, is how fans forgot about Dan Henderson and Anderson Silvia's dabbling with PEDs. Belfort and Jones and Uberreem are not getting the same luxury...maybe for a reason...

Overall it's just sad to see such a talented young man/athlete throw it all away because of psychological problems he refuses to tackle.

What are your thoughts ?

He has access to the best gear on the planet. Given it's such an archaic drug, I'm guessing he was stacking it with a bunch of other shit and got pinched. His brother was already pinched for PEDs, I'm sure Jon knew exactly what he was doing. Chael's story of how Jones hid under the octagon for 8 hours when USADA showed up has to be built on a kernel of truth somewhere in there. Or you know what... he might have been framed somehow. Remember the whole Dublin Inquiry back in the day with Ben Johnson and how he got pinched for winstrol? Remember the defence? They were like "Oh yeah for sure Johnson was using, but not that bullshit cutting drug winstrol V. He was using loads of other hardcore shit, he wasn't pissing around with a weak steroid like winny V. And thats how we know he was framed." Who knows what the truth is, but you're exactly bang on, his career is one big asterisk.

Which basically makes Daniel Cormier the baddest man in mixed marital arts to come through clean in a long long time. The fcuking guy was taking out heavyweights like Bigfoot and Josh Barnett before dropping to LHW. Big props to him.

The MMA community seems to be a little naive when it comes to PEDs.

Pretty much every elite level professional athlete in every sport is on some kind of a banned substance. I think a recent study had the nubmer at around 75%, I personally think it´s closer to 90%.

I hope Jon goes to rizin and juices his way up to heavyweight. Would love to see his potential realised!

• 1 month later...

Man what a card that was. Best part about it is all the shit talkers got their teeth kicked in which was GREAT, ESPECIALLY THAT JJ cunt. Can't stand her cockiness although I was very surprised how she carried herself in the interviews after getting KTFO.

Whitaker vs GSP - Who you got?

Best card of the year. Just an awesome night.

GSP is amazing. His mental game is so on-point. Sets up an inevitable McGregor GSP payday which will be pretty fun.

Kisco :lol2: tell us how you feel about JJ. She's pretty cocky for sure but I bet it's hard not to get cocky at that point. Remember Rousey at that point, walking around calling herself the greatest fighter on the planet :lol2:

• 4 months later...

Entertaining 223 huh?

Connor is a fucktard! Let your testicles hang out in the octagon, not by disrupting the peace among people that are irrelevant.