What started your fascination for Lamborghini?

lambolp400s

The poster of the white countach many of us had on our walls. Then, the red countach poster. Then came the black diablo, and my world would never be the same.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More and more? Just posted this since it is what got my head going. No offence intended.

Sorry mate, mixed you up with somebody else that has been answering questions on my behalf on-line... sorry if I came across too fierce...

I had seen the Countach in the Cannonball movies and on various posters, but I don't think I was quite old enough to be mesmerized at the time. But when I saw the Diablo in Guinness book of records 1991 listed as the fastest car in the world, I was sold. This was the picture I think:

Damn those a beautiful lines on the car. Timeless.

I had all the countach posters, then the 1980's Car magazine with the white countach driving around on European streets next to regular cars sealed it.

Besides the obvious posters I also always had the folders in early gradeschool, especially the one with the Countach outfitted like a cop car on it.....

in my late twentys i purchased this car and the lambo fascination grew from here. ill never forget watching them unload her off the 18 wheeler. one of the best days of my life.

My father was in love with Lambos so he gave me a 1:18 scale red Countach 25th Anniversary when I was 3. It was my favorite toy but ofcourse I don't have it anymore because I was a kid, and bringing it to kindergarten had its cons. :icon_mrgreen:

But ever since that moment I too have been in love with them.

I remember seeing one the first time in real life at an auto show in 2006, a yellow G spider. My father asked the salesstaff if I could have a closer look and he said sure, so I got to sit in it. I can honestly say that it was the happiest moment of my life.

Gil ("BeachBummed" on here) took me out in his Orange '03 Murcielago a few years back 3 days after my 19th b-day. Nicest guy ever and I'll never forget it. My "problem" has been all downhill ever since then. Looks like I may get my own Lambo hopefully within the next year and the first guy I want to take out for steak dinner and "shoe-watching" after I get it is Gil.

Gil if you see this, thanks so much for taking the time to show me the car, and take me from Destin to PCB in it too! Im incredibly grateful.

Here's a shot from that day with one of the MANY chicks on the beach that wanted in. She wasn't too bad :P

6190438016_b6a3d36a75_z.jpg

I always liked Lamborghini's but only started to fascinate about them 2 years ago when I came across the youtube video of the UGR Nera going 9.1@169, and now my priorities are out of wack.

i really have no business to be on this forum reading about cars i cant afford...

Mine started when I was a little kid in europe. My dad used to be in import export and after his business trips he would always bring me back some bubble gum that had pictures of cars in the "collectable" wrappers. The first time I saw the countach on the wrapper I fell in love. Then when my family and I moved to the states had the posters, model cars and all that shit. Good thread. brought back some cool memories.

(years ago) After I told the salesman, I had no interest in a 348, I got thrown out of the Ferrari dealer :icon_mrgreen:

I started with a F-car obsession, when my dad bought cologne that came with a Ferrari f40 model toy I fell in love with it( I was like 7). Until I saw a picture of an orange lp560-4 in a magazine thus my lambo passion was born. I then fell in love with all lamborghinis and decided that I have to own one in the future.

As I was driving around in the early 80's in my POS, thinking I was hot sh_t, a Pantera passed me and pissed me off..so I bought one. As I was driving my Pantera thinking I was hot sh_t, a 308 F car passed me and pissed me off..so I bought one. As I was driving around in my F car thinking I was hot sh_t...here comes a Countach...the rest is history.

When I first got into cars, I lived in a small city in Ontario that had no exotics. I had never even seen a new 911, let alone a Lambo or F-car. One summer, we took a family vacation and drove to Chicago. While driving downtown, I distinctly remember pulling up behind a bright yellow Gallardo (which I believe had just been introduced in the previous year) and being enamored with it. I remember taking a picture because I wanted to commemorate the first real-live lambo I'd ever seen. Sadly, when I went looking for the picture recently, I could no longer find it. However, that image is burnt into my memory and it started an obsession with the Gallardo (and Lambo in general) that won't be satisfied until I get the keys to my own G.

had to be around the time of the cannon ball run movie ... always liked seeing the countach in magazines, but that movie and the sound they dubbed for the car did it for me

mine was this poster... Saw it when I first arrived in the US as a kid. Never was into cars until I saw this poster... That started my passion for cars and my interest in anything automotive, and my involvement with the automotive business... I remember signing on the side of poster vowing to have a ct when I grew up.. In fact, I still have that poster I bought in my garage now with my ct. Looking at the actual car, and back to the poster, I guess everything came full circle for me...

highfidelity.jpg

June 18, 2007

Pulled into our country club and saw a white Gallardo (first time I had ever seen a Lamborghini in person). Later found out the guy lived in my neighborhood. Ended up getting a ride in it and I became absolutely OBSESSED with the brand. A moment that changed my life forever.

post-12151-1317871151.jpg