out for a photo session at front bay

Albert-LP

after completing a new series of works on my car, this morning i went out to take some pictures.

Now the front bay is finished: new spare wheel (missing), new tools bag (missing), new brake pump + nuts + tubes (old had a leak), new clutch pump and new clutch actuator (old did not work well), new battery (i hate that old Exide there was on the car), climate fan blower opened and painted, new solid wires for heating valve and air vent port.

dscf5128a.jpg

dscf5130s.jpg

dscf5131c.jpg

And then the engine still works well: after almost 2000 miles from full rebuilt it idles at 1100 RPM and oil pressure is almost 9 bar with oil at 45-50°C, or 5 bar with oil at 70-80 °C. This is a Shell 10W-60 half miracle, or at least this is what my mechanic says.

dscf5234.jpg

Next step, this winter: camshafts replacement (i will put on the engine the OEM ones welded and redone), exhaust pipes will receive new ceramic paint, carbs gaskets will be replaced again (i do not want my car turn on fire).

ciao

ciao

looking great!

did you paint the spare rim ?

No, it was perfect. Thank you for that spare rim.

ciao

Thanks, Emilio, but i prefer my car with the Italian plate and without the wing

ciao

dscf5147u.jpg

dscf5132.jpg

dscf5134i.jpg

Thanks, Carol and Robster: you see the result of a big restore, a long and uncertain battle with an happy end.

I remember when at the start of this adventure i was asking to Autorettifica Modenese "how much will cost to fix the engine?" and they answered "Sorry, but at the moment the problem is to understand if is possibile to fix it, not the price." i became white in face and sat on the nearest chair...

But at the end everything went well and i'm very happy of that old black scrap.

Brake pump is out of stock, but fortunately there is somebody here in Italy who has rebuilt old italian car brake pumps.

Tool bag is a copy but 100% like the OEM: thanks to Downdraft (Alex) that let me borrow his OEM tool bag to make a perfect copy.

Thanks to Emilio that told me where to buy a 1984 (!!) spare rim for my 1984 car, found a brand new Ansa sport Exhaust, let me borrow his main water pipe to make a copy of mine missing and above all he addressed me to Salvioli's shop, that did a big work (with some errors, but none is perfect in this world).

And thanks to Brian Pettey aka NSXer too, that helped me a lot with papers to registrate here his former car.

dscf5225a.jpg

dscf5209z.jpg

dscf5155c.jpg

ciao

in order to finish the work, i have to find a 7128 L Alpine radio cassette player, in black finish: is there somebody here that can help me to find out that radio?

ciao

in order to finish the work, i have to find a 7128 L Alpine radio cassette player, in black finish: is there somebody here that can help me to find out that radio?

ciao

ask Tonylambo on here

or contact him here

http://www.naplesautoitalia.com/

he found me a couple of Alpines for my friends-customers

only issue: US radio only has odd number or pair (do not remember...)so less bands ;)

ask Tonylambo on here

or contact him here

http://www.naplesautoitalia.com/

he found me a couple of Alpines for my friends-customers

only issue: US radio only has odd number or pair (do not remember...)so less bands ;)

Thanks, Emilio.

ciao

Excellent.

Excellent.

Thanks, Peter, but your S1 is a better looking car: those low body are really gorgeous.

Ciao

Awesome!

Albert,

The car looks fantastic...you did a great job. I too like it best without the wing. You need to take a video of it in action and post.

Brian

Albert,

The car looks fantastic...you did a great job. I too like it best without the wing. You need to take a video of it in action and post.

Brian

Thanks Brian, but it will never be so good looking as your low body copper 400S.

If you can and when possible, please tell me how and where ask to know what the first USA owner was, name and address. May be there is a form to fill at Florida motor departmend and so on.

When you sell your copper one, please let me know: i have a friend that could buy it.

ciao

Thanks Brian, but it will never be so good looking as your low body copper 400S.

If you can and when possible, please tell me how and where ask to know what the first USA owner was, name and address. May be there is a form to fill at Florida motor departmend and so on.

When you sell your copper one, please let me know: i have a friend that could buy it.

ciao

Alberto,

I am not exactly sure who the first owner was but was told it was a woman by the gentleman I purchased it from whose name is Ed Godbout from Fort Lauderdale FL. I will try to find his phone number/email...he will know the first owner. I have Eds mailing address from the old title. It would be very interesting to talk with Ed about the "issues" you found in the engine as he did all the work himself. I will send you an email later this week with his contact info.

Not selling the copper car :) I regret selling you the 5000S...I miss it. Please post more pics!

Brian

do you guys know what the license plate number was while the car was in Florida?

No i do not know, but the first owner is supposed to be Donna Liebrich, a woman living in Florida at that time, but not for sure.

ciao

Alberto,

I am not exactly sure who the first owner was but was told it was a woman by the gentleman I purchased it from whose name is Ed Godbout from Fort Lauderdale FL. I will try to find his phone number/email...he will know the first owner. I have Eds mailing address from the old title. It would be very interesting to talk with Ed about the "issues" you found in the engine as he did all the work himself. I will send you an email later this week with his contact info.

Not selling the copper car :) I regret selling you the 5000S...I miss it. Please post more pics!

Brian

Forget the engine issue, Brian: i bought your car for not much money due to high euro change so even if i spent a very big amount of money to restore it, the car value here in italy now is more or less what i spent for buying and restoring it, and i have a "new" car. Your car was not so bad, was in original colours with mactching numbers and was an italian version, not an USA version: it could be better, but also worse.

I have to apologize a bit with you as this is my first vintage car: i'm a real break balls fellow that wants everything perfect and new on his cars. This was old and not perfect so i hated that car until it became perfect and shining everywhere.

Let's go on.

Talking of prices, here there are a QV DD for sale at 195 k euro (263 k USD) a 400S2 (USA version but sold in italy when new, black instead of silver OEM) for 180 k euro (245 k USD) that needs some mechanic works too: former your mine one costed 223 K USD (including works planned for this winter, unnecessary, that just a stupid like me could do as the car is already very good) and is all brand new, original colours, shining ten times more than those two.

ciao