Picked up my first decent watch

RyanRo24

Nice pickup. congrats.

watches are great investments. after 10-15 years, they hold value and may even appreciate a little.

really?

well it looks nice and it will last forever.

I have the exact same watch, I absolutely love it. The only suggestion I would make is that you be careful with the glass. From what I understand it cannot be buffed out if it gets scratched, it can only be replaced.

I have the exact same watch, I absolutely love it. The only suggestion I would make is that you be careful with the glass. From what I understand it cannot be buffed out if it gets scratched, it can only be replaced.

:iamwithstupid:

Sorry! I didnt want to hijack the thread but LP is not letting me start a new one....

I'm in the hunt for a watch winder that works for my Tag and Bulgari. Any suggestions. I've seen them go for $150 - 800 for a double... how do I know whats good?

watches are great investments. after 10-15 years, they hold value and may even appreciate a little.

rofl

Could you please show me which watch from 1995 still holds it value after inflation and such thank you?

tell me about it,

i got a chip out of mine, and they tried to charge me $600 for a new glass here in Australia, managed to get one from O/S for $180 which is a little more reasonable.

but no matter, its my DD ;) so will continue to enjoy its awesomeness :and have to accept that they get wear and tear :/

Ill just keep my 'special' watches a little more in cotton wool

Congrats on the Addition, its a nice watch to own :D

rofl

Could you please show me which watch from 1995 still holds it value after inflation and such thank you?

Maybe the odd Patek here and there, about 0.001% of all watches made in a year :icon_mrgreen:

Maybe the odd Patek here and there, about 0.001% of all watches made in a year :icon_mrgreen:

I was waiting for you, you are seriously the only one I would trust on this matter but no one else could give me a an honest answer. :)

I was waiting for you, you are seriously the only one I would trust on this matter but no one else could give me a an honest answer. :)

I might have missed a zero or 2 but if you factor in inflation, very few watches would be considered a good investment and those that qualify are usually quite expensive to begin with.

• 3 months later...

You should take good care of it. Watch is very important, especially if you need to track time every now and then. I would consider watch as good investment and you should really take good care of it, though its expensive or not.

You should take good care of it. Watch is very important, especially if you need to track time every now and then. I would consider watch as good investment and you should really take good care of it, though its expensive or not.

I cant take this seriously on so many different points.

I usually consider my watch an important item, especially when I need to track time every now and then.

I usually consider my watch an important item, especially when I need to track time every now and then.

when I time travel I want to know how long I have been gone.

when I time travel I want to know how long I have been gone.

:icon_thumleft:

oh man that was funny. I really like reading and posting funny shit when some weird comment comes up. It seriously cracks me up. lol