Tesla Model S

ris629

I never really cared for fulltime electric cars mainly because I can't get over their lack of practicality; but after seeing these videos my opinion is changing a little. Not going to lie, all the electrical features on this car are pretty cool. Doesn't look too bad either. What do you guys think?

Interior features:

Exterior:

iPhone App:

Article: Engadget -Tesla Model S

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interior looks like shit, even for these "beta" mules, Musk is an asshat that likely will have those $5,000 deposits for months (if not years) past the expected delivery dates as the car hits delay after delay after delay, and the lofty MSRP for the one with real range easily negates any thought that this car will "save" its owner $$$ from not needing gas.

Any other questions? :icon_mrgreen:

It's a nice concept, but I trust little Tesla delivering this extremely complicated mass-attempt at unseating established giants like the E-class and 5-series about as much as I trust that I could bench-press one.

This isn't some Lotus-bodied go-kart with a few batteries thrown in. It's several leagues of complexity AND expectations higher.

But hey, good luck to them. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Wow, someone licked the red off your candy.............Tesla is a great company. I have nothing but high expectations and regard for them. My Roadster is a blast and while I prefer a gas engine, we as a society cannot continue the way we have been for the past 100 years. Sustainable energy is the future, while this is not it, it is a movement in the right direction. I have a S on order and do think it will be delivered in 2012. The communication is nothing short of super and the servie blows away my local lambo dealership. I hope I am correct as anything can happen, but so far these guys are a first class operation.

I have to agree with Scotty. The roadster is sick and I know the complexity is way up there. But if Jobs had told folks about what he wanted to do with the original iPhone, we would have heard the same thing. If Tesla is committed to detail and quality, and so far it seems like they are, then they will pull this off. May be the upset of the century..who knows! I am liking this ride though. Scotty, I expect an invitation!

The only problem i see is the that 2011 battery tech is not up to par. Ideas like the volt or fisker cars with a gas engine to generate power for range make a much more useable vehicle for the price.

I have to agree with Scotty. The roadster is sick and I know the complexity is way up there. But if Jobs had told folks about what he wanted to do with the original iPhone, we would have heard the same thing. If Tesla is committed to detail and quality, and so far it seems like they are, then they will pull this off. May be the upset of the century..who knows! I am liking this ride though. Scotty, I expect an invitation!

What they're attempting here is far out of their league. I'd be running if I were an investor.

There's a reason why Musk was asking for another $500M loan from the Government last week guys...this is far too large a project for this inexperienced company to handle.

It's nothing personal, as I said, I hope they pull it off. But lets not put lipstick on a pig. Reality is reality, especially when it comes to their finances.

• 11 months later...
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/09/11/2012-te...o/#aol-comments

Cars are getting delivered, and honestly it doesn't look bad at all. And at 100k +/-, 0-60 in 3.9, and if it actually lives up to the 300 mile range, thats a hell of a package.

:iamwithstupid:

So far he's proving the doubters like myself wrong, very impressive cars for the most part.

They are still overly-controlling access to the review units by the media in a way that makes even facist Ferrari seem "open and trusting", which is surprising as they seem to live up to the hype, but otherwise the company has executed in this early early stage.

As we've learned from the horrific Fisker debacle though, judgement really can't be made until they've been in owners hands for a year or more and we can hear about the ownership experience in detail.

Electric cars are exempt from all the high taxes and tolls here in Norway, so this will be a ~ $100k car here too! A pretty good deal considering a V10 R8 set you back $435k...

I have had my roadster for over 2 years with no issue......other than my son decided to tackle a deer with the car...lol. My model S is ordered and is expected to arrive in November. Nothing but first class communication. They even scheduled an electrician in advance to mke sure my garage would have no wiring issues for the new charger.

As we've learned from the horrific Fisker debacle though...

I have three friends with Fiskers, they're delighted with their cars.

I think that Model S autoblog reviewed looks the fcuking tits and I want one. The Fisker Karma is a great looking car as well. It will be interesting to see where each company goes and what sort of advancements are made in the next 5 to 10 years. If the rumors are true about the Tesla Supercharger that'll be a huge game changer. Scotty I eagerly await your thoughts on your car when you get it. Haven't heard much customer feedback as of yet.

I think that Model S autoblog reviewed looks the fcuking tits and I want one. The Fisker Karma is a great looking car as well. It will be interesting to see where each company goes and what sort of advancements are made in the next 5 to 10 years. If the rumors are true about the Tesla Supercharger that'll be a huge game changer. Scotty I eagerly await your thoughts on your car when you get it. Haven't heard much customer feedback as of yet.

The Karma is shit....I have driven several and you could only buy it if don't give a shit about how it drives, it's real world fuel mileage, no rear AC, 5 foot 10 rear passengers don't fit and the fact it has the fit and finish of a 20 year old Hyundai. Justin Beimber owns one....it's A de lorean

One of my best friends bought a tesla roadster sport. It's a fcuking joke, a heavy Elise with bad steering and lift off oversteer like an old Porsche..... He spent $160k on it..you could get a used Gallardo tt for that.

New tesla one looks good, passed one in the Palisades last week. Will post a review when I get my hands on

You don't buy an electric car to replace your Lamborghini.......they are daily drivers and that is it.

They got the look right, if it ends up being reliable it will be a winner.

The only thing that concerns me is the price of the car, many choices around that range, also the cost of electricity that went up at least 50% here in less than 2 years and it's said to go up again by at least another 50% in the next year.

There will never be a free lunch :icon_mrgreen:

They got the look right, if it ends up being reliable it will be a winner.

The only thing that concerns me is the price of the car, many choices around that range, also the cost of electricity that went up at least 50% here in less than 2 years and it's said to go up again by at least another 50% in the next year.

There will never be a free lunch :icon_mrgreen:

For sure!

I love the Model S. Sorry Mako, but you're way off base. This is a great car and I can't wait to own one.

I hear you, but after our recent Fisker "house fire" thread, along with all the other drama these EVs are running into, I want to tread carefully before we annoint one to our virtual Hall of Fame.

They just need time to prove themselves, then the stamp of approval can come.

Attention-whore Musk said it best himself recently: "The Tesla S has actually been harder and more complicated than our space projects were"...

I believe him. Mass producing this stuff is no joke, no matter how it may seem from the outside.

If they continue to execute as they have been, and thousands get into customer hands without issue, it will absolutely be something to cheer about. :icon_thumleft:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm reserving one as soon as the price is set here. Already over 500 reservations in Norway though, about a year waiting time :eek3dance:

Mine will be here in late November, my Roadster has been a blast...hate the size, love the technology. The trunk room on these things is huge!