Tesla Model S

ris629

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I looked at the TESLA at the mall.. honestly does nothing for me.. Exterior reminds me of a KIA... the dash is cool, but once you look away from it at the seats etc.. they look cheap. On the other hand.. I think the Fisker looks great. I saw a white one the otherday with some wheels, and I would rock that all day long.

Oh sorry Scotty, just replied to the thread before seeing you picked one up. Congrats! While not my cup of tea the car certainly has its merits!

im loving the jump seat.

I just checked one out today at the Santa Monica location. I thought the fit and finish were really good. It looked great in red. Interior is large and roomy, head room isn't great in the rear seat. The steering wheel is nice and meaty. Could do with more of a sport style seat considering it is faster than an M5. 2 huge trunks. The door handles pop out when you touch them, not sure how practical that would be on an ongoing basis. Feels much more engineered and solid than the Karma. I am starting to see them almost daily in LA. Excited for the test drive. It is a quantum leap over the roadster which feels like a toy.

I've seen the jumpseats and I"d go with the jumpseat delet option. I wouldn't put my kids in those.

The seats fold into the foot well for a flat trunk. The salesperson said the rear seating area is rated for a 50 mile an hour impact. It's a 1,500 dollar option. Not sure the configuration is anymore dangerous than a more typical third seat option. The 3rd seat belts are more like harnesses, belts over both shoulders.

Oh sorry Scotty, just replied to the thread before seeing you picked one up. Congrats! While not my cup of tea the car certainly has its merits!

Allan, all is good, love the Fisker just hate my car burning while I drive it.

A friend brought a Fisker over my house a couple weeks ago. He already had to send it back because the battery wasn't holding its charge. It makes a very annoying whining sound. It actually gave me a headache standing outside talking about it. Looks cool on the outside. I didn't care for the interior. The sound annoyed me so much I didn't even go for a drive.

took a 30 minute test drive today in the Model S Performance and placed my reservation afterwards.... I hate waiting! Scotty, sell me yours! :)

Photo_Dec_19__2_23_13_PM.jpg

took a 30 minute test drive today in the Model S Performance and placed my reservation afterwards.... I hate waiting! Scotty, sell me yours! :)

I was just about to say I saw a white one running around my neighborhood today. It's actually a nice looking car on the road.

make me an offer! :icon_mrgreen:

one of my neighbors just got one also in white..great looking car IMO. the back reminds me of an aston. and the front a little like a Masi.

Prices in EU are out, and to give you an indication of how good a deal the Tesla is in Norway:

Tesla Model S Performance: 81k EUR

Audi A4 2,0 TFSI quattro S tronic Avant: 81k EUR

Audi S6: 185k EUR

BMW M5: 248k EUR

Went on a testdrive a few days ago, and apart from the lack of side support on the seats and lack of a center console (both which is coming according to the Tesla guy), and some minor tech stuff like adaptive cruise control, heated mirrors etc, this car is such a huge leap forward for electric cars. It's cold and icy here now, so I didn't really get to push it in terms of power... But it handled and felt great in slippery conditions, didn't feel heavy at all.

And if you look at the prices above, it's really a no-brainer!

Prices in EU are out, and to give you an indication of how good a deal the Tesla is in Norway:

Tesla Model S Performance: 81k EUR

Audi A4 2,0 TFSI quattro S tronic Avant: 81k EUR

Audi S6: 185k EUR

BMW M5: 248k EUR

:shock: :shock: :shock:

With those prices for normal cars, it is indeed a sweet deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Still in love with this car, bought it for my wife and I steal it all the time. Great daily driver and I know another member who is getting his in 3 weeks. Amazing how often people come up and ask questions about it. Had one couple stalk us at a restaurant to get a peak inside.

http://www.adamcarolla.com/CarCastBlog/201...-cherokee-srt8/

I just dont see it.. I spent sometime at the dealer with one today.. The guy showed me how say at 10K miles a year it costs $4200 in gas for the Bentley, vs $300 in electricity for the Tesla. The price is however less than I thought. I was under the impression they were around 100K, but according to them they start at 59K, and with the best battery 79K.. Some cool features, like trunk space in the front and back, the door handles are cool etc. I think the exterior is ok to look at, but the interior just seems so very KIA to me. The only thing the interior has going for it is the dash with its nav screen and stuff, but the rest, like the seats, door panels etc look straight out of a KIA. Also, according to the sales guy the back seats have the same room as a BMW 750IL.. I didnt see that at all after sitting in it.

it's more for the performance model (0-60 in 4.0), then add tech package and some options and it's over $100k, but you get $7500 back as a tax credit.... did you drive it?

I just dont see it.. I spent sometime at the dealer with one today.. The guy showed me how say at 10K miles a year it costs $4200 in gas for the Bentley, vs $300 in electricity for the Tesla. The price is however less than I thought. I was under the impression they were around 100K, but according to them they start at 59K, and with the best battery 79K.. Some cool features, like trunk space in the front and back, the door handles are cool etc. I think the exterior is ok to look at, but the interior just seems so very KIA to me. The only thing the interior has going for it is the dash with its nav screen and stuff, but the rest, like the seats, door panels etc look straight out of a KIA. Also, according to the sales guy the back seats have the same room as a BMW 750IL.. I didnt see that at all after sitting in it.

it's more for the performance model (0-60 in 4.0), then add tech package and some options and it's over $100k, but you get $7500 back as a tax credit.... did you drive it?

So it is over 100K? Maybe I didnt look at the S? I did not drive it.. They have a dealer at the mall so I went back in to look at it while the wife shopped.