e-gear paddle extensions

Fabspeed_Motorsport

Hey guys and ::carol:: :P

I am talking to my engineers here about manufacturing a part for the e-gear gallardo cars that I think you would all LOVE. Nothing is set in stone yet, and I can not guarantee anything will come of this but would you guys have any interest in "super trofeo style e-gear paddles"?

::edit::

so here is what I am thinking...

here are the standard e-gear paddles you guys have:

2j2zu52.jpg

Here are the paddles in the Super Trofeo race car I would like to duplicate (or come close to) for you guys!

2mnnbbq.jpg

::edit 5/16/12::

back from the dead!

i have entire stock shifter assembleys coming in this week for gallardo, murcielago and paddles for the LP cars! Here is what i am thinking... i will have my guys knock out a few sets in aluminum in house. I'll bring a few local cars in, install the paddles and let the owners drive for a few days to give me some feedback. anyone local who brings their cars in will get some SERIOUS discounts and a high-five from me personally :eusa_dance:

post-12110-1331225980.jpg

(dont make fun of my artwork :eusa_wall: )

shifterpaddle2-1.png

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES PLEASE!!!!! I hate missing shifts because the dinky lever. I am in as long as they aren't ridiculous expensive.

I contacted Reiter Engineering and got a response or two but that line went dead.

Group buy for the first round!!

I am good with metal or carbon...think I would prefer some silver metal pieces like the egear plate.

YES PLEASE!!!!! I hate missing shifts because the dinky lever. I am in as long as they aren't ridiculous expensive.

I contacted Reiter Engineering and got a response or two but that line went dead.

Group buy for the first round!!

I am good with metal or carbon...think I would prefer some silver metal pieces like the egear plate.

group buy may be possible if I can get enough people on here and the other forums interested. I need to get an e-gear car in here as well. Our shop car is a 3 pedal car.

May be interested in something. Then I wouldnt have to cringe everytime I hit the windshield wiper instead of the gear change damn it!

sounds good guys, I have an LP560 coming in for fitment, now I just need to either confirm the 560 is the same as the older models or get an older car in as well. We should be starting R&D the beginning of november and I hope to have the prototypes done by the end of november!

I have a feeling these will become an essential upgrade.

Would look great in brushed metal with carbon inlay.

Like this but big Super Trofeo style

paddle_shifters1.jpg

• 6 months later...

i forgot to ask, what would you guys want these made out of? Aluminum is going to be the initial material, then carbon fiber... what about Titanium? obviously the cost would be significantly higher but i have a feeling there may be a market for that...

Here is a better pic of the Reiter/Super Trofeo levers.

I am excited to see progress but not so sure on the design.

Note that the piece is more 3 dimensional and the openings are in front side of the lever. The back side where your fingers touch is solid. I don't like the idea of my finger going through it.

I think something closer to what is pictured would be better.

I like the aluminum with CF insert but it may not work with this design very well. I'd be in for an anodized aluminum set. Titanium is overkill for me. I like the feel of metal over CF.

Please do away with the etching unless it says "Lamborghini" or the like. I want it to look as factory as possible.

Thanks for moving it forward!

reiter_levers.jpg

If they are behind the stalks, I think the paddles will be too far from the wheel.

If you can't make them extend that far, at least closer to the stalks and taller would be an improvement.

Shifting is more important than easy access to the stalks...as long as there is no contact between them and enough room to get my hand between the wheel and the levers.

The brabus ones are definitely good looking but I think less practical. If you can't do 3d like the originals, maybe you can do some beveled areas instead of holes all the way through. That way it won't look like hunks of metal but still have a nice flat area for your fingers. Again, I think the original design is where it's at.

Wish I was closer to help you out.

The brabus ones are definitely good looking but I think less practical. If you can't do 3d like the originals, maybe you can do some beveled areas instead of holes all the way through. That way it won't look like hunks of metal but still have a nice flat area for your fingers. Again, I think the original design is where it's at.

Wish I was closer to help you out.

we have a team of engineers on payroll, i am sure we will get it figured out! I will keep you posted.

Sorry for all the posts.

Another idea is to have the paddles in front of the stalks but "bend" them around. The paddle would be very close to the stalk but give enough clearance to move the stalk. Then above and below the area of movement of the stalk, the paddles would bend back toward the front of the car to the ideal spacing. Basically you could pull the lever if your hand was positioned above or below the stalk.

I'm in if you make them! Make them for the Aventador too!

send me your aventador and ill make you a set AND give you another set free for when your spyder arrives :) hell, i will even pay for enclosed transport to me and back! (itll be at home with the murci, gallardo, mclaren and 991 we have sleeping over)

send me your aventador and ill make you a set AND give you another set free for when your spyder arrives :) hell, i will even pay for enclosed transport to me and back! (itll be at home with the murci, gallardo, mclaren and 991 we have sleeping over)

I had no idea that you are so close to me. I will call you later this week.

stock paddles are in! one of our engineers is staying late with me tonight to disect them and figure out the best course of action... the Murci. paddles will be cake, the G one not so much and if RaginBull brings me his new mistress i will also have an option for the LP700!

getting these pieces was the hard part... i should have something to install very soon then i will need a few e-gear test cars to come to test fitment and see how bad the install is and THEN we will be selling them! (you guys and lambo talk will get a group buy and then the "general public" will get them)

murci setup:

IMAG1526.jpg

g-lardo

IMAG1524.jpg

IMAG1525.jpg

Nice. Even something for the G that was more like the Murci setup would be nice with them being metal and a little taller. Thanks for the update.

Nice. Even something for the G that was more like the Murci setup would be nice with them being metal and a little taller. Thanks for the update.

i agree, without a car here to take measurements on it may prove a little harder :crybaby2: we shall see though.. i will report back!