My Aventador hits the road

Leadfoot

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh so nice... I can't wait to see Tim's car which is similar spec'd around soon.

Great looking car Ted!!

Yeah can't wait to see this color,it looks like it changes color in many different shades. Seeing your car gets me more excited for mine !

Mine has been delayed a week or so but I was told from factory that it flys tomorrow.. Hope so, long wait

Tim

I feel for you Tim--the wait is excruciating, but you're almost there!! The color is nuts! It does change constantly due to the lighting condition. I think you'll love it. And we are not alone--I know of 3 other cars spec'd exactly like ours.....

Good luck over the next few days--I found Ambien to be most helpful... :rolleyes:

Beautiful Car and Amazing color combo. Lots of Luck with it.

This car looks sick ! Still haven't seen one in person but Picts look great.I wonder how my murc would look next to it.

• 3 months later...

Well done! The car looks great.

Can you tell me the service schedule? I would also be interested in knowing if you need to trickle charge the battery when you are not using it to stop it from going flat.

Great car and I hope you really enjoy it!

Yes, I sold the car a few months ago. It is an extremely fast car in a straight line, but due to the gearing, was not as much fun around town as I hoped. By the time you are done with second gear you are closing in on 100mph and there's not many secondary roads you can do that on around Atlanta. It was capable at the track, but I realized it was not going to be practical to take it there too much. I also had several issues with the car which is to be expected on an early delivery car. In the end, I got an offer I decided to accept for the car and I purchased 2 cars to replace it that I am really enjoying.

Here are a couple pics:

Porsche_911_GT3_RS_39.jpg

Porsche_911_GT3_RS_10.jpg

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

You sold it allready? :(

On the second hand, I love the R8 Spyder, what can you tell us about it compared to your other rides?

Yes, Jirre, I'm embarrassed to say I took the money and ran... But, I've gotta tell you, the R8 V10 has surprised the Hell out of me. The steering feel/feedback is better than any of the Lambos I've had, and it's just so much more user friendly to drive around town. When you set it hard into a corner it doesn't push like the Superleggera's did. It also gathers speed at a very rapid rate, yet without a lot of drama. Don't get me wrong, loved the drama of the Lambos, but it did get old after an hour or so of driving. Interestingly, more women approach me and want to talk about the R8 than they did with the Aventador. The Aventador was cool to have, but I needed something with a little more driver interaction--that's why I got the GT3RS....