Picked up another 2004 Gallardo

MrEd

To be honest, I have not been as crazy about that. I think I may put them back to black and paint the rest of the calipers yellow.

Just curious, do you find the lack of the front end lift system, an issue on the 2004 models???????

Just curious, do you find the lack of the front end lift system, an issue on the 2004 models???????

I have not really found it to be much of an issue. If you approach at an angle you can clear just about anything. I have not really come across any speed bumps that were an issue at under 10 mph. You just have to avoid suspension compression. There are 2 small cups underneath the front bumper that will scrape first and cushion any blows. I do scrape those from time to time.

I have seen some skid plates installed on some cars but I have always thought that since they will inherently scrape earlier and more often, the likelihood of causing damage or misalignment to the front bumper is greater.

I have put 5,000 miles on it in less than 4 months and it is running strong!