Formula 1 2012 season...

Steve K

how do you guys feel about the 2012 season ?

Nico signed a long term contract with mercedes, schumi is in til 2013 (with an option)... ross brown is still more sucessful than Adrian Newey has been.

Ferrari is going nuts on massas car with the flexing front wing in India, then the flexing rear wing at Abu Dhabi.

Lets not forget about Renault-Lotus ... they scored podium on the first two races this year.... thats gotta mean something for a team that doesnt really have a #1 driver at the moment.

With pat fry in McLaren, and assuming lewis hamilton gets his personal issues sorted out... 2012 could be their year. Jenson probaly feels his balls are 10lbs each.

Redbull... my favorite teama nd my favorite driver.... will mark webber be able to produce better results in 2012 ? He seemed almost absent minded this season.

Then there's my favorite underdog.. Williams. Lets remember that historically, williams is one of the most succesful teams in F1, and probably the most innovative. If they can secure Kimi for 2012, and give him a competitive car... theres no reason why williams cant be in the hunt for a constructers title.

vett_fbmw-7.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the first thing i asked myself after Melbourne is "what could Robert have produced ?"

speaking of Renault.. waht do you guys make of Senna now ? He doesnt seem to be sucking as much as he did in 2010

Adrian Newey is a God. If i owned a race car , he would be my race engineer. He really knows his stuff plus he has a great driver!

might have to see them in Monaco May 2012. F1's BIGGEST party.. lots of fun..!

Newey has already said that next year RB will not have the dominance they had this year because of the rule changes with diffuser and undertrays.

How long Mallya is involved with Force India is debatable.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-11-1...oan-limits.html

He has bought Sahara as a partner - I think there is a family connection there - but the press are saying he is making his drivers sweat but I think his bank manager is sweating more.

I would like Di Resta to be at a more competitive team, maybe take Webber or Massa's seat in 2013?

I know it is never going to happen but I would love to see Schumacher back at Ferrari in Massa's seat. I know there would be contract talks about him being Alonso's understudy but the fans and honours boards at Maranello would say otherwise.

Failing that another year for Schumacher making a bit more improvement because hopefully Merc can bring a better car to the grid.

Also would like McLaren to produce a much more competitive and consistent car. They have admitted that at times where they expected the car to do one thing instead it does something else.

And despite having two races in the States, Americans still won't car. Which is a shame.

I can see it in the future though..hopefully. Just the fact we will finally have races here, again, has me gitty as a school girl.

I have said this before on here but they have been busting a gut to get a race in New York for decades and rightly so.

But the skyline in the background would only appear a few times in a race. The rest of the time you want to see the spectacle of racing. Valencia, Monaco, Singapore, Melbourne, all street circuits where there is very little action, Valencia in particular is a utter snore fest.

But Valencia is also struggling to justify the costs of hosting the event, how is New York going to cope? Putting on a brand new event with a limited budget is never a recipe for success.

It will be a quick procession show with a pretty background. They should have waited to gauge the reaction to Austin rather than take the wind away from them building a new circuit with a sham circuit.

Is this Daniil Kvyat ?

Love the PLAYSTATION sponsorship....looks like he's the target audience

He looks younger than 16 (a LOT younger)....

vett_fbmw-7.jpg

I keep my fingers crossed for Williams, they need to come back so bad...

Ecclestone: Texas race likely to be dropped

Bernie Ecclestone has categorically stated that the returning Unites States Grand Prix, set to be back in Formula 1 next year, will now be called off. Although official confirmation is yet to be published, the comments follow a disagreement between his Formula One Management (FOM) group and the Circuit of the Americas.

Austin's track was planned to become the first home of the United States Grand Prix for five years, although the row has now reached boiling point as circuit owners have ordered construction workers to stop working.

“We've done everything we bloody well can to make this race happen,” Ecclestone told the Press Association, then answering questions over whether the race will now be axed: “Yes, it will be for sure, 100 percent.”

Ecclestone went on to explain that FOM has been unable to strike a deal with Circuit of the Americas (COTA) since the contract of original race promoter Full Throttle Productions – owned by Tavo Hellmund – has been cancelled.

“We had an agreement with Full Throttle Productions,” Ecclestone continued. “Everything was signed and sealed, but we kept putting things off like the dates, various letters of credit and things that should have been sent…but nothing ever happened. Then these other people came on the scene, saying that they wanted to do things, but that they had problems with Tavo.

“They (COTA) said they had the circuit and that they wanted an agreement with me; I told them they had to sort out the contract with Tavo, which they said they would. But that has gone away now because we've cancelled Tavo's contract, as he was in breach. We've waited six months for him to remedy the breach. He knows full well why we've cancelled. He's happy. But these other people haven't got a contract. All we've asked them to do is get us a letter of credit.”

Ecclestone stresses that the race will be struck off the 2012 calendar unless a letter of credit is obtained by Circuit of the Americas.

“We are looking for security, for money they are going to have to pay us,” he began to sum up. “That is via a letter of credit, normally from a bank. If people don't have the money, they find it difficult to get the letter of credit and so we don't issue a contract.”

The fate of the Texas race will be decided by the FIA World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) during its next meeting on Wednesday 7 December. In 2013, another new race - labelled the Grand Prix of America – will debut on a New Jersey street circuit.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/271631/...-to-be-dropped/

• 2 weeks later...

"The deadline hasn't been met, so we are still trying to make it happen," Ecclestone told The Associated Press in a telephone interview Wednesday. "They need to get some money and a pen ... as soon as possible. They know full well. Deadlines are terrible things because people always go to the end of the deadline. But if it isn't all signed before the World Motor Sport Council meeting, it can't happen."

• 2 weeks later...

Iceman´s How to answer boring questions:

http://www.f1zone.net/news/the-words-and-w...-of-kimi/10648/

but he speaks when the interviewer is not douche :D

"Q: (Peter Windsor – F1 Racing) Kimi, I’m sure you’re aware that, as a result of the seventeen laps you led in Hungary, McLaren Mercedes, for the first time this year, have now led more racing laps than the Mercedes safety car driven by Bernd Maylander. I just wonder how you see that battle developing in the remaining races and how strong McLaren will be versus the safety car. - Hopefully we can beat them. At least it’s the same company so it doesn’t really matter but we will see what happens."

And says things how they are.

During his NASCAR debut…

“We’re so fcuking shit, it’s unbelievable. The car is shit because I cannot get it turned! It is so frustrating! I cannot get the fcuking car turned!”’

Force India rumours are that it is Hulkenburg and Di Resta. If they put a good car under them then this will be a good team to watch outside of McLaren, Ferrari and the Bulls.