Formula 1 2012 season...

Steve K

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was absolutely insane....race only confirms in my mind why mclaren should have taken hulkenberg and not perez. And as we say goodbye to SPEED here in America, here is hoping NBC Sports can do amaingly better with the F1 coverage!!!!

Hobbs, Matchett and the pit reporter are going to NBC, Varsha is staying at Speed.

Shame, because I think they are the best motor sports announcers out there. At leas we'll 3 of the 4 next year.

Great season, one of the most competitive I can remember and I have been watching since the mid 70's.

Fantastic racing today. Exciting developments!

Some of the tire choices were surprising.

Red Bull had their heads up their asses. They should have just reacted and done whatever Alonso did. And not having tires for SV whwn they called him in was ridiculous. Looked like they were trying to lose the race.

Red Bull had their heads up their asses. They should have just reacted and done whatever Alonso did. And not having tires for SV whwn they called him in was ridiculous. Looked like they were trying to lose the race.

Not really, the car to pit radio contact to Seb V had already been lost.

Not really, the car to pit radio contact to Seb V had already been lost.

It looked like he could hear them but they couldn't hear them. Still the strategy should have been to follow Alonso IMO.

Got to love Kimi

Kimi Raikkonen says he knew where he was going when he took to an escape road at Interlagos - the only problem was the gate was closed.

Contending with the ever-changing conditions, Raikkonen ran off the track on lap 52 and attempted to return via an escape road.

The Lotus driver headed down, following the road only to find the gate was closed.

A quick U-turn sent him back the other way and onto the track where he raced to 10th place at the Brazilian GP.

"I went off at the last corner on lap fifty-two as I couldn't see well with my visor being dirty and fogged up," said Raikkonen.

"Where I went off you can get back on the track by going through the support race pit lane, but you have to go through a gate.

"I know this as I did the same thing in 2001 and the gate was open that year. Somebody closed it this time.

"Next year I'll make sure it's open again."

Raikkonen's P10 meant he was the only driver this season to finish every grand prix, 19 of which he scored in to secure third in the Drivers' Championship.

Sebestian Vettel’s could be stripped of his third consecutive F1 championship, claimed on Sunday at the Brazilian Grand Prix, after new video footage shows Vettel illegally overtaking Toro Rosso driver Jean-Eric Vergne.

The above footage footage shows an incident involving yellow flags and Vettel. In this incident, which occurred in the opening laps of the race, Vettel can be seen overtaking the Toro Rosso of Jean-Eric Vergne in ‘waved yellow conditions’. In contrast to the Kobayashi incident, the on-board video footage clearly shows flashing yellow light boards which does not permit overtaking to occur in that particular sector of the track.

A penalty for the manoeuvre may cost Vettel his championship according to F1 expert Anthony Denholm.

“The key issue with this new footage is that it is illegal,” explained Denholm to CraveOnline.

“Ferrari have until Novemeber 30 to appeal to the Federation Internationale de L’Automobile (FIA). If successful, Vettel should be handed a 20 second time penalty, which when added to his overall time delta, would see him slip from sixth down to eigth position in the Brazilian GP- thus losing four championship points and the championship to Fernando Alonso by one-point.”

FIA don't have to wait for Ferrari to appeal, under their own rules they are obliged to investigate.

With all the telemetry and data why was this not flagged* up earlier?

It is not the first time this year Ferrari have flirted and complained about Red Bull and their car but how quickly gentleman agreements on access to the paddock get ignored and gearboxes develop faults.

This smacks of Alonso being Princess Stampyfeet again

Credit to Red Bull but they take these things and just roll with it.

*pun not intended.

F*ck the Ferrari. They were at least as faulty when they broke the seal on Massa's car's gearbox, and that way got Alonso lifted on position.

• 3 months later...

If he had said "I want to win at all costs" I would have had more respect for him. Instead he gives this false meek spiel about not understanding the call and delivers this hollow apology.

All the teams look at their position after the last pit stops and if in a commanding position then turn down the engines - so what is their to not understand about the commands? I like that you can buy mugs and t-shirts already which say the conservation mode for the Red bulls.