Diablo oil change

ndsnake

I recently purchased a 1998 Diablo roadster. What is the capacity of the engine oil? Would like to be able to do some of this easy work myself, but the manual does not have any of the capacities or suggested viscosity of the oil recommended. I plan to use Mobil 1 10-40W. Also where do other owners get oil filters other than Lamborghini dealerships. Thanks in advance for your input.

Take it to your local oil change place. Bring your oil and filter. Pay for the oil change and tip the guy in the pit $20 bucks. Also go down in the pit with the guy.

My list

I've been using the Baldwin.

http://www.baldwinfiltersrus.com/baldwin_f...t_lookup/BT261/

UFI 23-110-02 OEM

FIAAM FT 4653 OEM

FRAM PH 2842 Poor rating

TECNOCAR R67 ???

Baldwin BT261 EXTRA LONG HOUSING (INSTALLED)

K&N HP-4004 (Performance Gold Oil Filter)

NAPA GOLD Sucks (half amount of holes in top)

Mobil one M1404

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/index.php?...p;hl=oil+change

I have a '99 VT.

I wrote this a long time ago.

I used a Purolator filter. The number is in the above post.

16 quarts of oil was what my car used after draining and new filter.

You may want to put in 14 to 15 first, and then check.

My oil plug used to be a "torx" (star) type. It stripped recently.

Ordered a new one, and it came in as an allan (hex) type.

I went to Napa and got a hex bolt type, that I can put a socket wrench on,

as the original is recessed in and you can't get any type of pliers on it if it strips.

I have a '99 VT.

as the original is recessed in and you can't get any type of pliers on it if it strips.

Thanks for that link... wonder if any differences in your 99 & my 6.0 on the filter, torx size, etc ?

I have a '99 VT.

Sir that was an excellent write up complete with pics and comedic commentary. You should make a few more showing radiator flushes, brake fluid change, belt changes etc...

Looking forward to future posts ;).

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using the Baldwin as well. I added a pre oiler and sump to mine so it now holds 18 quarts but never has a dry crank start or starves in hard cornering.

I've been using the Baldwin as well. I added a pre oiler and sump to mine so it now holds 18 quarts but never has a dry crank start or starves in hard cornering.

I have a 99 roadster which is parked for the winter. Do you mind elaborating a bit on this as I would like to know the parts list and where to get it from. I live in a cold climate and like to start the diablo up once in a while during the winters and this would be very helpful in a cold start situation. if you could also include some picture that would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I have the vehicle hooked up to a battery tender and plan on getting a couple of heaters in the garage as to avoid and cold start lubrication issues.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 99 roadster which is parked for the winter. Do you mind elaborating a bit on this as I would like to know the parts list and where to get it from. I live in a cold climate and like to start the diablo up once in a while during the winters and this would be very helpful in a cold start situation. if you could also include some picture that would be greatly appreciated.

Currently I have the vehicle hooked up to a battery tender and plan on getting a couple of heaters in the garage as to avoid and cold start lubrication issues.

Thanks in advance.

I am new here. hello to everyone.

Hello gtrm3 -> what I always do in wintertime (north Europe) is before start, I put 2 simple blowing-heaters on top of the block for 30 minutes. The aluminium block is then fine pre-heated for preventing some wear. The gearbox is then definately still cold so maybe you are right, heat the whole garage would be an option. Currently i keep it always +5Chigher than outside temp, and humidity

By the way about this thread; there is an additive called nanovit that could be used to smooth the gears. In the US maybe compatible product brands are available ?

more about oil .. of coarse "bob is the oil guy website"

and read this --> http://www.nordicgroup.us/oil.htm

bye bye, Peter

• 3 weeks later...
Did some research about the preoiler sump. Is it the accusump?

Sorry for the late reply, I seldon visit the site. Yes I am using an Accusump system.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to throw this out there, but whenever I change the oil on anything I like to top off the oil filter before putting it on. On my 7.3 powerstroke the filter damn near holds a gallon and it's a pain in the ass, but when I crank it up the oil pressure comes up immediately.

I figure it saves a few seconds of running with no oil and the resultant cumulative engine wear.