1200 mile 87 Countach

Carter

When the car was up for sale, it was offered to several Dealer's (including myself) at just over a $100K....It will cost, who ever gets it, at least $10k to get it driveable again, tires, battery, full service, fluids..on and on..AND THAT is if you are lucky and the clutch has not gone..which is quite common in these low mile Garage Queens that just get pulled in and out of the Museum and the transport trucks.

As it sits, I say it is a $110K car ..I would rater spend $120K on the same year car with service history, a few miles and is ALL there ready to go..NOT to mention, does not have the FUGLY USA Bumpers on it..that alone to remove and replace witht he Euro style is $7-$10K..front and back.

When the car was up for sale, it was offered to several Dealer's (including myself) at just over a $100K....It will cost, who ever gets it, at least $10k to get it driveable again, tires, battery, full service, fluids..on and on..AND THAT is if you are lucky and the clutch has not gone..which is quite common in these low mile Garage Queens that just get pulled in and out of the Museum and the transport trucks.

As it sits, I say it is a $110K car ..I would rater spend $120K on the same year car with service history, a few miles and is ALL there ready to go..NOT to mention, does not have the FUGLY USA Bumpers on it..that alone to remove and replace witht he Euro style is $7-$10K..front and back.

Ya He also bought the red Ct for 70 something K, and marked it up 115K..

Ya He also bought the red Ct for 70 something K, and marked it up 115K..

Isn't the red one ,the one sold at Gullwing Motors for under 80k?

Just picked this up via an Estate Sale, 16k miles, new clutch, all fluids filters, great shape..needs a good detail. 1987 FI car with Wing. Accepting offers..

Black on Black

post-23696-1321922230_thumb.jpg

post-23696-1321922237_thumb.jpg

post-23696-1321922243_thumb.jpg

post-23696-1321922249_thumb.jpg

Just when I think I know the bodies and years on Countachs I guess I don't...that 87 doesn't appear to have any side skirt...I thought that was only the case on the early cars? I love that by the way!

Wasn't this the car that was advertised recently by Manhattan Motor Cars? I was told by the dealership that particular car recently sold to FL.

Just when I think I know the bodies and years on Countachs I guess I don't...that 87 doesn't appear to have any side skirt...I thought that was only the case on the early cars? I love that by the way!

88 1/2 has sideskirt

The side skirt was an option for 87 and 88 cars, it became a standard item on 88 1/2 cars. Some do not like the appearance, it was not totaly a cosmetic item, it was designed to runc ool air to the back brakes for cooling. You will see more USA cars with this option 87-88 then any others and the 88 1/2 cars without were more often then not removed AFTER delivery.

The problem is, in order to remove the side skirts you need four new wheel arches, as the side skirts ones dont go all the way down..since they are not made any longer, most out there are reproduction units..can usualy tell because the reproduction ones do not have the thin silcon bead bewteen them and the fender when replaced. Also the side skirt cars lack the lower panel, it as well his hard to replace.

What is rare to see is the side skirts on a Low Body Series 1,2 and 3 car..against some thoughts, THEY were an option provided by Lambo, the part was supplied by Koieng back in the day. I know of about 7 Low Body cars with this option..nice touch to the low bodys IMO..again its function was for air dynamice on the lower car for flow away from the underside of the car.

The side skirt was an option for 87 and 88 cars, it became a standard item on 88 1/2 cars. Some do not like the appearance, it was not totaly a cosmetic item, it was designed to runc ool air to the back brakes for cooling. You will see more USA cars with this option 87-88 then any others and the 88 1/2 cars without were more often then not removed AFTER delivery.

The problem is, in order to remove the side skirts you need four new wheel arches, as the side skirts ones dont go all the way down..since they are not made any longer, most out there are reproduction units..can usualy tell because the reproduction ones do not have the thin silcon bead bewteen them and the fender when replaced. Also the side skirt cars lack the lower panel, it as well his hard to replace.

What is rare to see is the side skirts on a Low Body Series 1,2 and 3 car..against some thoughts, THEY were an option provided by Lambo, the part was supplied by Koieng back in the day. I know of about 7 Low Body cars with this option..nice touch to the low bodys IMO..again its function was for air dynamice on the lower car for flow away from the underside of the car.

Im gonna have to disagree with you on the 88 1/2 style side skirts being an option in 87.. They didnt appear till the 88 cars. Also Lambo never offered the Koenig sideskirts as an option. They were added after the fact.

I could be wrong but im pretty sure blowndaytona's countach Is an 87 and it has sideskirts. But either way I prefer no skirts lol

Many cars have had the 88 1/2 style sideskirts added.. The 84 I found here has them..

Im gonna have to disagree with you on the 88 1/2 style side skirts being an option in 87.. They didnt appear till the 88 cars. Also Lambo never offered the Koenig sideskirts as an option. They were added after the fact.

You can dis-agree all you want LOL BUT as early as 87 FACTORY cars had the skirst put on..as for as the Low Body Koenig skirts..you are somewhat correct..never offered by the factory direct..but by Dealers..HOWEVER quite a few were sent to the factory and added to customer cars prior to delivery for the Dealer..there is documentation and pics for a few of these cars at the time.

You can dis-agree all you want LOL BUT as early as 87 FACTORY cars had the skirst put on..as for as the Low Body Koenig skirts..you are somewhat correct..never offered by the factory direct..but by Dealers..HOWEVER quite a few were sent to the factory and added to customer cars prior to delivery for the Dealer..there is documentation and pics for a few of these cars at the time.

I'm going to disagree with both of you. Those skirts only came on the 91' Diablo and the 94' Ferrari 348.

I'm going to disagree with both of you. Those skirts only came on the 91' Diablo and the 94' Ferrari 348.

No idea why, but everytime i see your avatar Rob, I have to imitate it. People at work probably think I have Tourette's haha