What upgrade sound system do you have in your Diablo 94 to 98 model yr

Night Life

Sorry for being specific I just need some opinions and suggestions for my Roadster.

What I am looking for is to replace my head unit or deck with either a flip DVD player with touch screen and GPS with back up camera capability. But I know that it will block the clock and climate controls, plus not sure of that look.

The other is to get a 7" GPS install it where the ashtray is with back up camera capability, then get a high end unit (non flip) with larger screen for regular sound system.

One more option is to get rear view mirror with gps and reverse camera built in, looks OK but might be bothersome.

I have seen many install a flip up dvd player with back up camera etc... who here has one installed and do you like it ? what are the pros and cons ?

These are the 3 models I'm looking at, what do you guys have including amp, sub and door speakers?

Please and thank you

car_stereo_1.jpg

car_stereo.jpg

car_stereo_2.jpg

I put a larini exhaust in and pulled the stereo out.

WIN! I never listen to the stereo, mainly because I wear hearing aids and I can't hear a damn thing when i'm driving that car (unless i'm not moving).

WIN! I never listen to the stereo, mainly because I wear hearing aids and I can't hear a damn thing when I'm driving that car (unless I'm not moving).

Yeah thats usually the case I listen to the engine note, but where I'm from when I travel there is not much to look at and our roads go straight for literally 5 hours with no deviation, boredom gets the best of you :)

I have found this JVC unit I quite like. It is full DVD HD, rear view camera, touch screen, phone bluetooth, wireless I pod. The screen is 7 inches wide but only 3.5 high, despite this picture looks impressive. I like it because it fits in the normal stereo spot and it wont hide the climate controls and clock when in operation.

Only down side it has no GPS

JVC_KD_AVX77_Receiver.jpg

JVC_KD_AVX77_Receiver_1.jpg

I have found this JVC unit I quite like. It is full DVD HD, rear view camera, touch screen, phone bluetooth, wireless I pod. The screen is 7 inches wide but only 3.5 high, despite this picture looks impressive. I like it because it fits in the normal stereo spot and it wont hide the climate controls and clock when in operation.

Only down side it has no GPS

looks nice

keep all the original stuff

I won't comment on head units as it's all about functionality and preference for the most part....

Amps, subs, speakers...

Amps -- Good brands are Audison, Mosconi, McIntosh. Normally I recommend some old school amps for the hardcore, but it's a bit high maintenance and high current draws as well which would probably be taxing on a Lambo electrical system.

I would keep it simple and get a good 4 channel....run speakers up front with 2 channels, sub with the other two bridged.

Speakers - There are a lot of good brands out there, but not every model line I feel is good (IMO).

Let me preface this by saying I like speakers that sound smooth.....nice rolled off top end, good midrange and strong midbass. That excess treble I cannot stand, and is unfortunately a popular sound. :eusa_wall:

Hybrid Audio - I like everything

Morel - I like everything except Supremo, and possibly Elate Limited Edition (too much money and not as good as lower line)

Polk SR lineup - a very nice speaker lineup....discontinued, but nice.

Boston Acoustics Z6 - pretty good.

DLS Iridium/Nobellium - good.

Hertz - have not heard but heard good things about them.

Audison Thesis - good, but some are very expensive.

Dynaudio MW150/152 - decent

Focal - Like the polyglass V30 the most, and the low level Kevlar line second most. The rest is too bright and overpriced IMHO.

ScanSpeak & SEAS - great drivers, but will have to go active to use these. If you do not know what that means, let me know.

Phass - some pricey boutique speakers from Japan....I heard some a long time ago and they were very relaxed sounding. I'm sure the new ones are good too.

I believe Diablo is 5.25" speakers, right? If so, then that might eliminate some from the list. Also mounting depth may be an issue with this car...at least without doing mods which I'm sure you don't want to do (and I agree).

Also, I'm assuming you do not want to go with custom tweeter mounts. Some of the tweeters on these sets are BIG.

I have a strong feeling what you buy will be dictated by physical accommodations more than sound.

Subs - They are expensive and not the absolute best out there but I finally got to hear the Morel Ultimo subs...pretty good. Dynaudio Esotar subs probably similar.

You might be interested in adding sound deadening to the doors.

BTW, I got to experience an Audison Bit One recently....excellent product -- tremendous tuning capability. You may want to look into it.

Hope that helps.

I won't comment on head units as it's all about functionality and preference for the most part....

Amps, subs, speakers...

Hope that helps.

Excellent tips thank you, I use to be heavy into the car audio market had a couple of show cars. I use to use Soundstream love the velvet Hammers or Boston Acoustics.

I will be changing the speakers in the Roadster, both doors and sub. I will possibly add second 10" sub behind passenger seat, add separate mid range doors and a fixed tweeter. That will be plenty as it sounds not to bad as is.

• 2 weeks later...

I put an Alpine flip up screen in mine and a camera that displays on the screen.

Rebuilt the door housing to fit a 6" MB Quart driver rather than the 5 1/4" and rebuilt the sub encloser behind the seat to house a 10" Diamond Mac Daddy Sub.

I put an Alpine flip up screen in mine and a camera that displays on the screen.

Rebuilt the door housing to fit a 6" MB Quart driver rather than the 5 1/4" and rebuilt the sub encloser behind the seat to house a 10" Diamond Mac Daddy Sub.

Pics would be Super :)

WIN! I never listen to the stereo, mainly because I wear hearing aids and I can't hear a damn thing when i'm driving that car (unless i'm not moving).

then you simply had the wrong stereo. You can blast your ears with a powerful stereo, and it will blow your Larini away.. but you must replace all the Diablo speakers for other ones. And the wrong designed SUBwoofer as well ..

I am new here .. hello to all !

Peter

and I forgot to write that all these high quality mods are pretty useless without adding a second battery+supercap near the audio amplifier chain. the existing wiring is just too small, and you don't want to load your other 12V circuitry too much with the load of the audio system.

What I could say is the best setup I have been using in Lambo's is Hertz Hi energy or Hertz Mille component sets, Hertz Hi Energy subwoofer and an Audison LRx5.1k running the whole car. I have done at least 10 of these setups including one for a forum member.

The only downside I see to using a flip up is that I am pretty sure they will all be discontinued shortly so if anything goes wrong with them you probably will not be able to get another..

What I could say is the best setup I have been using in Lambo's is Hertz Hi energy or Hertz Mille component sets, Hertz Hi Energy subwoofer and an Audison LRx5.1k running the whole car. I have done at least 10 of these setups including one for a forum member.

The only downside I see to using a flip up is that I am pretty sure they will all be discontinued shortly so if anything goes wrong with them you probably will not be able to get another..

Ya I think so as well that is why I decided to go with the JVC head unit, it has the best of both worlds without the flip up. I ordered the GPS rear view mirror to complete the set it arrived last week. It is not much bigger than the stock mirror, pretty cool, came with rear view camera but since the JVC unit comes with one as well I will place the mirror camera on front nose to avoid parking blocks hitting front nose.

Ya I think so as well that is why I decided to go with the JVC head unit, it has the best of both worlds without the flip up. I ordered the GPS rear view mirror to complete the set it arrived last week. It is not much bigger than the stock mirror, pretty cool, came with rear view camera but since the JVC unit comes with one as well I will place the mirror camera on front nose to avoid parking blocks hitting front nose.

Sounds like a great idea. If you need any help feel free to contact me.