How reliable are F430s?

Mondi

Sorry if this is a repost, if it is please send me the link to the original thread.

How reliable are the F430s compared to Gallardos? I see some higher milage 430s (20K miles) so I'm assuming they cant be that bad.

And as far as maintenance costs how do they stack up against gallardos? I know the average clutch job on a gallardo is 5-7K, any idea what the figures on a 430 are?

Sorry if this is a repost, if it is please send me the link to the original thread.

How reliable are the F430s compared to Gallardos? I see some higher milage 430s (20K miles) so I'm assuming they cant be that bad.

And as far as maintenance costs how do they stack up against gallardos? I know the average clutch job on a gallardo is 5-7K, any idea what the figures on a 430 are?

Clutch pricing is about the same either way. Both have to have the engine out to do one. The parts are expensive. The cars are relatively reliable as long as the updates have been done and are still holding. It is a chain driven motor so no belt changes anymore.

The Gallardo would likely be on par with the pricing to maintain. They will probably eat a clutch slightly more frequently, but not by much. Both are great cars though. Good luck with the purchase.

I had a ton of problems with mine. Cracking exhaust manifolds, rear main seal leak, broken exhaust brackets, top stopped working, etc. Seemed like there was always something.

I had a ton of problems with mine. Cracking exhaust manifolds, rear main seal leak, broken exhaust brackets, top stopped working, etc. Seemed like there was always something.

The black one right? I remember you getting rid of that thing because of all the headaches it gave you.

Honestly the only thing going for the 430 is the RWD and handling. They are dramatically more expensive than Gallardo's, and what I have come to understand have significantly more issues than the Lambo's.

thanks for the input guys. I'll stick to the Gallardo. A year ago the price difference was $40-50k between these two cars, now days it's around 20K so I thought I'd give the f430 a shot; quickly failed lol

thanks for the input guys. I'll stick to the Gallardo. A year ago the price difference was $40-50k between these two cars, now days it's around 20K so I thought I'd give the f430 a shot; quickly failed lol

You should try asking this same question to the FerrariChat.com, I am sure you will get a different answer. I have owned a F430 for a little over a year. I started my ownership with this amazing car in Atlanta GA on a Monday morning, by Friday I was in Carmel-by-the-Sea. 4 nonstop driving days at high speed! Booyeah. In 13 months have put on 7k miles.

I have not had on single issue, nothing.

and for the record, I was between a Ford GT, F430 and Lambo G. Very Happy with my car.

• 1 month later...

I just sold mine that I bought brand new in '06. I sold the car at 21,000 miles with the original factory clutch, the car was six speed manual. Not a single issue, the most reliable car I have ever owned, even better than the Gallardo I had. The manifolds were changed free of charge and one time the exhaust brackets and those were replaced and never broke again.

Someone some posts above mentioned the price of clutch and I have to say that on both cars the engine does not need to be taken out of the car. The clutch on the F430 is several thousands less than the for the Gallardo. I saw clutch kits for the F430 for something like $2,500 more or less and if you buy it gated shifter then any shop can do the job.

Everyone says how much cheaper to run a Gallardo is over a F430 and by my experience and that of some other owners is that they are about the same, but the clutch on the Gallardo is far more expensive. Other than that you can't go wrong with either one, I could just flip a coin and let fate decide since that's how much I like both.

• 2 months later...

Had the F430 snice 2006, not a single problem. Same could be said for the Gallardo.

• 3 weeks later...

I have had no problems / issues at all with my Gallardo. Purchased from Roy at Cat's Exotics. I would reach out to him. Great guy and true enthusiast. If you buy from someone reputable (like Roy) it is worth the premium. My gallardo has been less problematic than any other car I have ever owned.