Continental GT, now available with a V8

Nath4N

25.9 MPG and this" The new engine may not have the headline-grabbing outputs of the W12, but on the road the V8 feels no less potent, with the ultra-flexible power delivery you’d expect of a Bentley, allied to a newfound crispness to its throttle response and gearchanges. Make no mistake: the Continental V8 is a very fast car, with a 0-62mph time of 5.0sec dead for the GTC and a top speed of 187mph."

Im sold.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry not that impressed by the MPG claims ie not as much as they make out.

The actual article had some great shots in it and the styling touches are very nice.

25.9 MPG and this" The new engine may not have the headline-grabbing outputs of the W12, but on the road the V8 feels no less potent, with the ultra-flexible power delivery you’d expect of a Bentley, allied to a newfound crispness to its throttle response and gearchanges. Make no mistake: the Continental V8 is a very fast car, with a 0-62mph time of 5.0sec dead for the GTC and a top speed of 187mph."

Im sold.

Me too!!!!! Nearly 26mpg is very good mileage imo. Especially from a Bentley. This car will sell a ton!

You can hardly judge mpg like that. The car was likely driven hard and the engine was still tight. It's not indicative of the real world average mpg in the hands of a typical Bentley driver.

• 1 month later...
not bad, I should be like one of the very first people in the country to have one of these, so I will do a write up once I get mine.

That's awesome! How did you spec yours and when do you expect it in? I'm looking forward to your thoughts after delivery

not bad, I should be like one of the very first people in the country to have one of these, so I will do a write up once I get mine.

After you spec it to W12 level is the price reduction still relevant? I understand the V8 is missing some of the stuff that comes standard with the W12.

That's awesome! How did you spec yours and when do you expect it in? I'm looking forward to your thoughts after delivery

I didnt get to spec it myself, I am getting 1 of 4 VIP cars coming to the USA which should come several weeks before any customer cars are delivered. Here's how it's spec'd. Also included a couple of pics of what it will look like.

2013 Continental GTC V8

MSRP ($)

Beluga

-

Beluga

-

Accessories:

Contrast Stitching - Pillar Box Red

Additional Contrast Stitching to Steering Wheel

With Emblem Stitching

Massage Seats & Seat Ventilation to Front Seats

Wind Deflector

Naim For Bentley Premium Audio

Power Boot Opening and Closing

Colour Specification

Convenience Specification

Neck Warmer

21" Six Twin Spoke Alloy Wheels - Painted

Space-Saving Spare Wheel

Gas Guzzler Tax

Destination & Distribution

TOTAL

post-6539-1337008964_thumb.png

post-6539-1337008969_thumb.png

After you spec it to W12 level is the price reduction still relevant? I understand the V8 is missing some of the stuff that comes standard with the W12.

I believe it's around 20k cheaper, but the V8 should also be more fun to drive. To me the price point isnt a big deal, and I have owned an 07 GTC, a 2010 Supersports Coupe, a 2011 Supersports Vert, and driven the new V12 GTC. I have also driven the new V12 GT couple around a track, so I have lots of experience with the V12. Will be fun to try something different with the V8. I do believe that eventually the V8s will dwarf the V12s in sales, and they will have less depreciation and be much more affordable to people due to monthly lease price points.

Not bad but V8 or no V8 still too heavy to be a sports car and as a weekend car the gas mileage isn't as important so for the same money I like the GTC Supersports you had. Would be nice if they did the supersports vert with the updated look though. Are they planning to do a V8 equivelent of the supersports( more agressive trim and engine bump?

Not bad but V8 or no V8 still too heavy to be a sports car and as a weekend car the gas mileage isn't as important so for the same money I like the GTC Supersports you had. Would be nice if they did the supersports vert with the updated look though. Are they planning to do a V8 equivelent of the supersports( more agressive trim and engine bump?

The SS Vert isnt as good as the new regular GTC. The improvements they made are very noticeable to me, especially after driving them around a track. I am not sure what they are planning for the Supersports editions. I know they are going to do one for the V12 for sure, dont know when. It would be very cool if they did one with the V8s too.

Off subject, I have been driving around an 11 Panamera Turbo the last couple of days. All I can say is wow, the car drives like a dream....love it.

I didnt get to spec it myself, I am getting 1 of 4 VIP cars coming to the USA which should come several weeks before any customer cars are delivered. Here's how it's spec'd. Also included a couple of pics of what it will look like.

Colour Specification

Convenience Specification

I believe these two packages have to be ticked to get it to standard W12 spec. Thanks for posting the prices for the options, I didn't want to be rude and hesitated to ask outright . I love the new GT, but it's out of my price range for now. :crybaby2:

Anyway, yours is fully loaded, save for the 20k+ special paints. Congratulations and enjoy it in good health!

The SS Vert isnt as good as the new regular GTC. The improvements they made are very noticeable to me, especially after driving them around a track. I am not sure what they are planning for the Supersports editions. I know they are going to do one for the V12 for sure, dont know when. It would be very cool if they did one with the V8s too.

Off subject, I have been driving around an 11 Panamera Turbo the last couple of days. All I can say is wow, the car drives like a dream....love it.

I had the regular GTC and drove a supersprts but have not driven the new style coupe or GTC. What feels nicer about it than the one you had?

I had the regular GTC and drove a supersprts but have not driven the new style coupe or GTC. What feels nicer about it than the one you had?

its a lot lighter and the ride is a lot better. The steering and brake feel is better too. The car is virtually all new. After spending quite a bit of time in the new GT, I disliked my SS vert so much, I got rid of it...

its a lot lighter and the ride is a lot better. The steering and brake feel is better too. The car is virtually all new. After spending quite a bit of time in the new GT, I disliked my SS vert so much, I got rid of it...

I'll have to take one out for a drive. I wasn't aware the changes were that big. I thought it was mainly asthetics. Hopefully they will make a SSv8 version and the 12 like the SL63 and 65. They are great all around cars. Hopefully that nav/stereo system is years ahead of that old one as well.

I'll have to take one out for a drive. I wasn't aware the changes were that big. I thought it was mainly asthetics. Hopefully they will make a SSv8 version and the 12 like the SL63 and 65. They are great all around cars. Hopefully that nav/stereo system is years ahead of that old one as well.

The new Nav is years ahead of the old one, I forgot about that. They did put the new Nav on the 2012 Supersports though (even though its the old style).

Tried one of these, actually very good, drives better & more responsive/sporty than V12, dealer says don't try and spec it as a V12 or it will look silly though.

Supersports kicks its ass in looks even though it now looks older.

Think i'm going to get a new range rover when it comes out instead though.

• 4 months later...