Lambo Nera TT Project started!!

Kean

The water tank is done!

photo67.jpg

Intercooler is all done. The BOV is mounted on the bottom. The water tank is also mounted to the Air/water IC.

photo68.jpg

Water tank mounted

photo69.jpg

photo70.jpg

Intercooler installed in the car. The water tank sits above the transmission.

photo71.jpg

Both sides of the exhaust are finished. Will be working on the driver's side wastegate tomorrow.

photo72.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love your build. Way to step up and get your hands dirty.

I'm curious why you connect both hot sides with the X-pipe... guessing there is a theory behind that?

You're correct! I've done one or two different turbo kits here and there for different platforms :)

Some people might not know Kean on this message board but he's well known in the supra world. He has built some of the fastest supras in the world. Glad to see that you made it on here. Can't wait for the end results.

The main parts of the turbo kit are done!

View directly from the back

photo73.jpg

View from the top

photo74.jpg

The next thing that will be worked on is mounting the IC water pump and then starting on the fuel system. There will be 10 additional injectors installed into the lower intake manifold.

Thats great, putting it up..

I did my own as TT build as well and its very interesting how we choose different solutions on piping/routing etc. Here's a few pics of mine. I actually also have all photos from building, I should make a thread like you.

I put my watertank up front, then one radiator in the upper right rear arch, and also one in the front, with two pump circulating the water.

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to your coming build pictures.

Good luck Nicolas Kiesa

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

04052009134.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to take the intake manifold off

photo78.jpg

photo77.jpg

Stock fuel rails

photo79.jpg

Stock lower runners about to be machined out

photo81.jpg

Fuel rail machined

photo80.jpg

Additional injector bungs welded on

photo82.jpg

Additional Injector setup finished

photo83.jpg

Kean, (or anyone in the know) with the advancements in injectors and engine management systems, why not use a larger single injector in the stock rail? I would think this would be less costly and with 10 injectors that is 10 less that could fail resulting in a destroyed motor as we saw with Phil's Heffner car.

I know Heffner uses the secondary set up, does UGR use secondaries as well?

I cant believe Justin is working, thats freaking me out! haha

Nice thread!

You mean "I can't believe Justin is getting his hands dirty!", right? LOL

I work everyday... sometimes I work on my belly, sometimes I work on flying, sometimes I work on my backhand, sometimes I work on cleaning the house(after the wife "suggests" it).

Or did you mean work at a job? :D

Justin

First let me say that you have the best first post every. Direct and to the point? Check. Lambo picture included? Check. Bikini Model in previously mention picture of a Lambo? Check. Tons of follow up pictures documenting a TT build? FREAKING CHECK!

Second thanks for taking the time to walk us through step by step! It is really cool that you are sharing this much with us!

Third and I can't believe nobody else has said this yet -- Welcome to the Bullpen! Hope you stick around and contribute more and more after then TT Build is done.

Kean, (or anyone in the know) with the advancements in injectors and engine management systems, why not use a larger single injector in the stock rail? I would think this would be less costly and with 10 injectors that is 10 less that could fail resulting in a destroyed motor as we saw with Phil's Heffner car.

I know Heffner uses the secondary set up, does UGR use secondaries as well?

It can be done, but you tend to sacrifice some of the "stock" drivability. Additionally, you will spend just as much time working with the factory ecu to make it happy(dead head the injectors, etc). The injector size would also play a key role in ultimate power goals as you lose the addition of the stockers(~500cc/cyl). There are many reasons to do an additional injector setup, and the only reasons to do a single setup would be simplification of the system or to rev the crap out of it. You don't want the factory ones cutting off after 8k or anything ;)

I replaced the stock injectors in my Ferrari TT and if I would have had the time when building the system, I would have run an additional setup like so many others do.

Justin

It can be done, but you tend to sacrifice some of the "stock" drivability. Additionally, you will spend just as much time working with the factory ecu to make it happy(dead head the injectors, etc). The injector size would also play a key role in ultimate power goals as you lose the addition of the stockers(~500cc/cyl). There are many reasons to do an additional injector setup, and the only reasons to do a single setup would be simplification of the system or to rev the crap out of it. You don't want the factory ones cutting off after 8k or anything ;)

I replaced the stock injectors in my Ferrari TT and if I would have had the time when building the system, I would have run an additional setup like so many others do.

Justin

Alright, that makes sense to me now. I'm not a builder or tuner of cars and my friends always asking questions that I can't answer. Thanks!

You mean "I can't believe Justin is getting his hands dirty!", right? LOL

I work everyday... sometimes I work on my belly, sometimes I work on flying, sometimes I work on my backhand, sometimes I work on cleaning the house(after the wife "suggests" it).

Or did you mean work at a job? :D

Justin

LOL

im a little confused....

i see the need for the second set of injectors.

are you running the AEM ECU as a piggy back or stand alone? i didnt think the AEM could run so many injectors? is this why i have seen 2 AEM's in some of the heffner cars?

im assuming tha the second set of injectors are really just flooding the intake, raising the fuel ratio and this is why the angle of the injector isnt as important?

also, with the BOV is the any concern with the size being so much smaller than the TB's? will it be able to pass pressure fast enough? or does it not really matter?

also curious why you merged the two intake from the IC to the TB. is this strickly for the single BOV or is there other reasons?

sorry for all the questions! great project!

marc

• 3 weeks later...

The AEM is a piggy back. It is a series 2 AEM.

The BOV is a 50mm BOV. It is rather large. You don't size the BOV to the throttle body size.

The end tank is merged for pressure balance pre throttle body. It also conveniently allowed me to run one BOV.

Kean

im a little confused....

i see the need for the second set of injectors.

are you running the AEM ECU as a piggy back or stand alone? i didnt think the AEM could run so many injectors? is this why i have seen 2 AEM's in some of the heffner cars?

im assuming tha the second set of injectors are really just flooding the intake, raising the fuel ratio and this is why the angle of the injector isnt as important?

also, with the BOV is the any concern with the size being so much smaller than the TB's? will it be able to pass pressure fast enough? or does it not really matter?

also curious why you merged the two intake from the IC to the TB. is this strickly for the single BOV or is there other reasons?

sorry for all the questions! great project!

marc

Secondary injector sub-harness and MAP sensor harness finished

photo90.jpg

CNC oil filter relocation plate finished

photo89.jpg

photo91.jpg

Filter relocation plate installed and fittings installed.

photo92.jpg

Secondary rails and injectors installed

photo93.jpg