08-09 aston martin

paulfromtulsa

do you guys have any experience with the vantage? thinking about getting one for the wifey but i know nothing about them. any major differences between the 08 and 09? thanks

New engine in 2009, more power and better torque band, from what I know the difference is big though I havent driven the 4.7 '09 only the previous 4.3 engine. In the coupe there are also some changes to the suspension and steering. The roadster got those same changes when it was launched in 2007 but the coupe wasnt upgraded untill 2009 MY. I test drove both manual and sportshift. Loved the manual, the sportshift not so much. If you really want the best of the best V8's get the 2011 Vantage S, it has the 4.7 engine but with a bit more power and it has a dual clutch automatic. For 2009+ a sports pack was available, and I heard it makes a big difference.

Also I understand the 4.7 engine is even more reliable though the 4.3 wasn't bad at all, the very very early cars had some issues. Get 2007+ MY, it also has nicer seats than the 06 ones.

Good luck!

New engine in 2009, more power and better torque band, from what I know the difference is big though I havent driven the 4.7 '09 only the previous 4.3 engine. In the coupe there are also some changes to the suspension and steering. The roadster got those same changes when it was launched in 2007 but the coupe wasnt upgraded untill 2009 MY. I test drove both manual and sportshift. Loved the manual, the sportshift not so much. If you really want the best of the best V8's get the 2011 Vantage S, it has the 4.7 engine but with a bit more power and it has a dual clutch automatic. For 2009+ a sports pack was available, and I heard it makes a big difference.

Also I understand the 4.7 engine is even more reliable though the 4.3 wasn't bad at all, the very very early cars had some issues. Get 2007+ MY, it also has nicer seats than the 06 ones.

Good luck!

i would be getting a coupe. is there any body changes from 07-09?

No real body changes. Just the aforementioned upgrades. The bigger engine is a must have in my opinion. They are relatively reliable cars and should serve you well. They sound amazing for sure and handle very well. Residuals were always better on the 09+ cars than the earlier ones too. They hold their value relatively well in comparison. Although, pre owned Aston stock seems to be on the rise.

i would be getting a coupe. is there any body changes from 07-09?

None that I know of, the '11 V8V S has different bumpers and rear difuser. I'm not sure if the N400/420 versions have any differences but I don't think those made it to the US.

Only difference between 07 and 09 are the engine and the different suspension and steering.

I have a 2008 Vantage though the Nurburgring Edition which has 400hp as opposed to the usual 380 hp in most 2008 regular models. As mentioned the main difference with MY 2009 is the larger engine displacement and 420 hp (which I personally think is needed as the 400 hp feels underpowered).

I have manual which is terrific...although the Sportshift gearbox is updated in 2009, not sure how smooth it is. I presume your wife would want the paddle shifter.

It really is an elegant, gorgeous car and though noT the fastest, I believe she would really enjoy the presence of the car.